Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How are you customizing Bridgeport? [Showtime Update.]  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Author Message
haleigh654


Joined: 06/16/10 03:55 AM
Messages: 20
Offline

I've been trying to customize the darn thing but my game enjoys watching me squirm and crashes moments before I have the chance to save.

Still, it's fun to see what others are doing. Good job!

Under New Management
Profile
Haiden


Joined: 06/05/09 07:53 PM
Messages: 2859
Location:South Africa

Heya CK.....Lol I just got LN yesterday Im still finding my way around. But on the topic of customizing...I would love to see you make a club or Bar and upload it to the exchange...Im sure you would do a great jub....hint hint
Profile
Thetford


Joined: 06/18/09 01:15 PM
Messages: 1950
Online

I have only added one custom community building in my Bridgeport, which is my 50s Diner and Truck Stop.





But for some reason I seem to get Error Code 12 if I use Edit Town (at least in one of my saves), and the only method to combat it is to save in Edit Town (but not 100% sure).
Profile
CK213


Joined: 05/16/09 06:28 PM
Messages: 12167

haleigh654 wrote:I've been trying to customize the darn thing but my game enjoys watching me squirm and crashes moments before I have the chance to save.

Still, it's fun to see what others are doing. Good job!


It's not a all roses for me either.
I'm having the stuttering animation issue. I started building instead because it was driving me bonkers. A new game doesn't have the problem, so I will start playing my new Bridgeport and take breaks to see if I can unstutter my other saved games.

But first, I want to finish this little failed apartment building. It should be a great home for a partying celebrity wannabe.


He or she will have a small car collection if they can rake in the Simoleons.


This will be the game room, I think. You can see sims swimming through the digital fish.


I just have to furnish the place now and figure out how to get in a staircase. I don't want to rely on the elevator.


There are some useful city decor items hidden in BuyDebug.

Profile
CK213


Joined: 05/16/09 06:28 PM
Messages: 12167

Thetford wrote:I have only added one custom community building in my Bridgeport, which is my 50s Diner and Truck Stop.





But for some reason I seem to get Error Code 12 if I use Edit Town (at least in one of my saves), and the only method to combat it is to save in Edit Town (but not 100% sure).


That looks like a fun nightspot.
Are you having any luck with the wall speakers? Either they are glitched or I can't figure them out.

Profile
Thetford


Joined: 06/18/09 01:15 PM
Messages: 1950
Online

CK213 wrote:
That looks like a fun nightspot.
Are you having any luck with the wall speakers? Either they are glitched or I can't figure them out.


I used the one in community objects, then used testingcheatsenabled, then hold shift and left click and then you can set the music station. That is how it works for me. Also, I don't know if this is important, I only placed one. Hope that helps.
Profile
CK213


Joined: 05/16/09 06:28 PM
Messages: 12167

Thetford wrote:
CK213 wrote:
That looks like a fun nightspot.
Are you having any luck with the wall speakers? Either they are glitched or I can't figure them out.


I used the one in community objects, then used testingcheatsenabled, then hold shift and left click and then you can set the music station. That is how it works for me. Also, I don't know if this is important, I only placed one. Hope that helps.


Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Profile
happyjme


Joined: 05/29/09 07:53 PM
Messages: 1778
Location:New Haven, CT
Online

I dont have any pics on me right now, but ive been trying to move lots around and add new lots in places to put in more stuff but this town is really picky on where it will let us place lots. You really have to be creative and try just about anywhere! I want to place in a salon and laundromat and consignment store and the original bistro and some of my townhouses. Which really dont need big lots. I tend to play more middleclass families and sims.

Gotta love Nraas Story Progression!
Profile
CK213


Joined: 05/16/09 06:28 PM
Messages: 12167

blazerntq wrote:CK213 Do you know that I always look forward to finding a new post made by you sharing your gameplay? I always feel so inspired by your pics and gameplay updates. Because of a game issue I had to save Zenthia to a bin and need to start a new city for her. I'm playing with the idea of customizing all of the towns and seeing which one turns out the best.


Thanks, sharing is the other half of my fun. I will be starting a pair of sims over to.

Haiden

Heya CK.....Lol I just got LN yesterday Im still finding my way around. But on the topic of customizing...I would love to see you make a club or Bar and upload it to the exchange...Im sure you would do a great jub....hint hint


Hi, Haiden.
I want to create some new clubs. I've been searching the web for inspiration pics. I'll start on some after I get my city set and had a chance to figure out what makes a club fun in this game.

Profile
CK213


Joined: 05/16/09 06:28 PM
Messages: 12167

happyjme wrote:I dont have any pics on me right now, but ive been trying to move lots around and add new lots in places to put in more stuff but this town is really picky on where it will let us place lots. You really have to be creative and try just about anywhere! I want to place in a salon and laundromat and consignment store and the original bistro and some of my townhouses. Which really dont need big lots. I tend to play more middleclass families and sims.


Yeah finding the right size location is bad enough, but only having a few lot size choices is more frustrating. Everything is slightly off.

I'm still slugging away at my little luxo condo. Fitting in the stair case was a bit tricky. I had to change the layout of the place a little. I can't wait to play-test it.




I'll save getting the colors and textures right for last.

Profile
Island6


Joined: 12/17/09 05:36 PM
Messages: 2644
Offline

CK213 wrote:

I have to clean out any store items, perhaps ambitions stuff, and any CC that might have made it in there, but I plan to upload it. Bookmark me.

Oh I already have :]
I lurve all of your pictures!

Profile
pepperjax1230


Joined: 05/30/09 01:42 AM
Messages: 1840
Location:Midnight Hollow

CK i love what you did now upload it because I love your stuff.

Profile
CK213


Joined: 05/16/09 06:28 PM
Messages: 12167

pepperjax1230 wrote:CK i love what you did now upload it because I love your stuff.


Thanks, you two.
I'm currently testing that last lot.

With Perry and Jim.
I moved them in...
Elevators work fine.


I just finished the pizza delivery test.


It went off without a hitch.


Gotta test how they go up the stairs and any path finding issues, then I'm going to send them out to make friends and get some girlfriends. I need to test out the party deck on top.

Profile
Raeofsunshine


Joined: 06/03/09 07:40 PM
Messages: 35
Offline

Your pics make me jealous, I love your edits of the city and your buildings!
Profile
JBAG521


Joined: 06/02/09 01:47 AM
Messages: 2518
Location:Gold Coast, Queensland,Australia
Online

It looks amazing! I wish I had the patience/skill to do something like this!
Profile
 
Post Reply Forum Index » Late Night
Go to: