Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Master Controller Won't Show up?!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
scenegothgirl

Melissie wrote:
scenegothgirl wrote:You have helper monkey..Delete it
Edit:
And the folders should be in electronic arts

I have tried putting it in electronic arts no luck and why delete helper monkey I want to keep installing cc which requires that

Helper monkey is most likely whats keeping that mod from working

andie6061

yes, my CC works totally fine and I DON'T have the helper monkey

andie6061

and it really does need to be in your Electronic Arts folder- because the game is not reading it at all without it being in there

CUTEBINA

Yay it's Andie! sorry off-topic

Melissie

how do I uninstall it I can`t locate it

I can`t delete helper monkey I don`t see it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/11 03:48 PM

blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

Melissie wrote:
Edit:

I have tried putting it in electronic arts no luck and why delete helper monkey I want to keep installing cc which requires that

First thing I saw in your image was monkeys. Delphy's Installer Helper Monkey is no longer available and has been archived over at MTS. Twallan Mods will only work with the NEW framework. Some are using another mod (that shall not be named) and I believe it does still need to be setup under Programs. But it has been almost a year since the framework changed to Documents and most 3PCC and Mod developers are using the new framework.

At my age competence is a turn on!
♥No longer offering Tech help!♥
Melissie

blunote00 wrote:
Melissie wrote:
Edit:

First thing I saw in your image was monkeys. Delphy's Installer Helper Monkey is no longer available and has been archived over at MTS. Twallan Mods will only work with the NEW framework. Some are using another mod (that shall not be named) and I believe it does still need to be setup under Programs. But it has been almost a year since the framework changed to Documents and most 3PCC and Mod developers are using the new framework.

How do I fix this then? Can you help me please?
blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

Melissie wrote:how do I uninstall it I can`t locate it

I can`t delete helper monkey I don`t see it

One of the reasons I recommend people manually set up their framework was for this reason. I never saw uninstall info on this program. If you're running Windows, you can try to find the program in add/remove programs via the control panel. I can't say for sure as I never used this program. And if you are able to uninstall this way, I would suggest cleaning your registry once you've uninstalled because I'm sure there will be remnants left in there.

EDIT:
Also, if you have the d3dx9_31.dll files installed in you Game/Bin folders for your base game, EPs and SPs, you can just delete the file. You will have to delete that file from every Sims game you have installed under Programs not Documents. If you install your cc the new way there is no need for dynamic link library aka (.dll) file.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/11 04:01 PM

andie6061

CUTEBINA wrote:Yay it's Andie! sorry off-topic

hi!

XhippiedippieX

Location:There's someone in my head but it's not....OMG! It's hippiedippie927!!

In that picture showing your Mods folder, the path shows yourname/Document/Mods. This is wrong. The path should be Yourname/Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/Mods.

Melissie

One of the reasons I recommend people manually set up their framework was for this reason. I never saw uninstall info on this program. If you're running Windows, you can try to find the program in add/remove programs via the control panel. I can't say for sure as I never used this program. And if you are able to uninstall this way, I would suggest cleaning your registry once you've uninstalled because I'm sure there will be remnants left in there.

What next? Is there a way to install CC without using helper monkey since most CC are package files?

What is the new way?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/24/11 04:04 PM

blunote00

Melissie wrote:

What next? Is there a way to install CC without using helper monkey since most CC are package files?

You can use my guide How-To-Install CC/Mods "The New Way". You will still have to clean up that old framework under Programs or I can't guarantee it will work.

My guide is made with WinVista, I can see from your image you're running Win7. The only difference is your Documents is located under the Library, the rest of the path is the same. The path for the Programs folders under the old framework are exactly the same.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/24/11 04:07 PM

Melissie

blunote00 wrote:
Melissie wrote:

You can use my guide How-To-Install CC/Mods "The New Way". You will still have to clean up that old framework under Programs or I can't guarantee it will work.

My guide is made with WinVista, I can see from your image you're running Win7. The only difference is your Documents is located under the Library, the rest of the path is the same. The path for the Programs folders under the old framework are exactly the same.

I uninstalled helper monkey. I still see the monkey icon on my package files how do i get rid of it
blunote00

Melissie wrote:
blunote00 wrote:
Melissie wrote:

I uninstalled helper monkey. I still see the monkey icon on my package files how do i get rid of it

You will have to assign another image to the (.package) file extension. It's too difficult to explain on a forum (trust me I've tried), at this point it's just an image so don't worry about it at the moment. Just make sure the old framework is removed, helper monkey is uninstalled via control panel and totally removed from the registry.

Melissie

blunote00 wrote:
Melissie wrote:
blunote00 wrote:
Melissie wrote:

You will have to assign another image to the (.package) file extension. It's too difficult to explain on a forum (trust me I've tried), at this point it's just an image so don't worry about it at the moment. Just make sure the old framework is removed, helper monkey is uninstalled via control panel and totally removed from the registry.

What is the new framework? Right now I have NET framework 3.5?

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: