Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
How about strollers for Twins?  XML
Forum Index » Generations
Kail16

I was hoping that they would have included this, I'll bet strollers like these will show up the store a week after the release.

JaanaDruid

Rachelrita3 wrote:While I'm excited about having strollers in Generations, I wished they had added at least 2 different type of strollers in addition to the 2 included in the upcoming game.

One suited for twins like this one
Great ideas. I've been wanting this for my single family households with twin toddlers. But the biggest problem I see with these dual/tripple strollers is AI routing over uneven terrain, or pathfinding near inactive townies. If you think about it, a dual/triple stroller functions a lot like a car, except it moves lot slower, and can leave the roadway/paved surfaces that current vehicles are limited to (ie for non paved surfaces like grass in the parks). Regardless of what surfaces the strollers are used on, inactive townies could have potential routing issues when walking near them. I'm thinking strollers will have some special collision properties. I'm guessing the game will treat them like a ordinary sim (ie strollers will be 100% permeable to all street traffic, but 100% impervious to all other sims/objects). Then again, the game could treat them like cars while they're being pushed on the sidewalk, and allow other sims to pass right through them!

1. Navigating narrow or unpaved terrain pathways
what about irregular terrain like the narrow hiking path that leads up to simhenge in SV? Can dual/triple strollers be easily pushed up there? Especially since that path is really narrow and uneven. The possiblity of the stroller NOT being able to fit width wise on narrow paths like these does exist.

2. Existing sidewalks/paved surfaces in town
take the sidewalk surrounding the large central park next to city hall in SV. Perhaps there's a limit to how many sims can physically occupy the same square of sidewalk at the same time? Because an adult pushing twins/triplets in a stroller along the sidewalk = 3 - 4 sims occupying the same sqaure of side walk at the same time. By saying this, I'm assuming the inactive townies will treat an adult and single stroller as 2 solid sims moving in single file. So the navigational complexity created for the inactive townie AI is reduced to a minimum. Once you add 2 or more baby/toddler sims, this level of routing difficulty increases significantly. eg a dual stroller = 3 solid sims = 2 sims width wise. So now the townie AI has 2 sidewalk squares width wise to navigate around (since they can't pass through 3 solid sims).

So if the hood sidewalks are restricted to no more than 2 sims (passing each other) per square, then dual and triple strollers would present navigational and routing challenges. I could see how this could lead to a lot of additional toe tapping as sims tried to manuever around a dual/tripple stroller---nvm trying to take these off road to some remote fishing hole site So this is a possible reason why the devs decided against including them.
tallcoolone

JaanaDruid wrote:
Rachelrita3 wrote:While I'm excited about having strollers in Generations, I wished they had added at least 2 different type of strollers in addition to the 2 included in the upcoming game.

One suited for twins like this one
Great ideas. I've been wanting this for my single family households with twin toddlers. But the biggest problem I see with these dual/tripple strollers is AI routing over uneven terrain, or pathfinding near inactive townies. If you think about it, a dual/triple stroller functions a lot like a car, except it moves lot slower, and can leave the roadway/paved surfaces that current vehicles are limited to (ie for non paved surfaces like grass in the parks). Regardless of what surfaces the strollers are used on, inactive townies could have potential routing issues when walking near them. I'm thinking strollers will have some special collision properties. I'm guessing the game will treat them like a ordinary sim (ie strollers will be 100% permeable to all street traffic, but 100% impervious to all other sims/objects). Then again, the game could treat them like cars while they're being pushed on the sidewalk, and allow other sims to pass right through them!

1. Navigating narrow or unpaved terrain pathways
what about irregular terrain like the narrow hiking path that leads up to simhenge in SV? Can dual/triple strollers be easily pushed up there? Especially since that path is really narrow and uneven. The possiblity of the stroller NOT being able to fit width wise on narrow paths like these does exist.

2. Existing sidewalks/paved surfaces in town
take the sidewalk surrounding the large central park next to city hall in SV. Perhaps there's a limit to how many sims can physically occupy the same square of sidewalk at the same time? Because an adult pushing twins/triplets in a stroller along the sidewalk = 3 - 4 sims occupying the same sqaure of side walk at the same time. By saying this, I'm assuming the inactive townies will treat an adult and single stroller as 2 solid sims moving in single file. So the navigational complexity created for the inactive townie AI is reduced to a minimum. Once you add 2 or more baby/toddler sims, this level of routing difficulty increases significantly. eg a dual stroller = 3 solid sims = 2 sims width wise. So now the townie AI has 2 sidewalk squares width wise to navigate around (since they can't pass through 3 solid sims).

So if the hood sidewalks are restricted to no more than 2 sims (passing each other) per square, then dual and triple strollers would present navigational and routing challenges. I could see how this could lead to a lot of additional toe tapping as sims tried to manuever around a dual/tripple stroller---nvm trying to take these off road to some remote fishing hole site So this is a possible reason why the devs decided against including them.

There are strollers with one behind the other, in fact, those are more common, they missed an opportunity, for whatever reason. And a car will drive right through a sim in the game and it's no problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/14/11 11:55 PM

JaanaDruid

ahhhhh....didn't think of that configuration. But what about pushing strollers on non-paved terrain? I'm hoping this isn't going to be another source of bugs for sims or the stroller getting stuck in the terrain. It sure would've been nice for my single sim parents to have the ability to take all their tots to a lot like Stoney Falls or Pinochle pond for a family picnic.
Amj1995

That would be nice but I think in the trailer they would use it since they had twin boys!

perfectvelvet

As the game is now, when you leave the house by yourself, can you take two toddlers/babies with you? I think you can only take one, and if you want the second one to go, you need a second adult to carry it. That could be the reason (or part of the reason) why there is only a stroller for one.

julienrob2004

the problem with the strollers that are for toddlers to sit next to each other is that the animation would be messed up when playing . Your sim would walk down the street and either side of the stroller would be either in the road or sticking when you reach a fence , tree , hedge , wall etc on the side of the pavement . or try to go through a door on a community lot and it wont fit or look stupid as it miraculously passes through a wall as does the toddler .The ones where the toddler sit one in front of each other mean that the animations will not look right when going round corners or will need extra squares when turning as each toddler space will require on square on the grid for the animation

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
Cyron43

Rachelrita3 wrote:I know

But I hope they fix it in the next EP

Sorry to burst your bubble but every EP is a standalone product which does not incorporate aspects of any other EP - only bug fixes.

Furthermore I doubt EA will make strollers for twins or even triplets for the store because it would imply changes to the object's core behavior/function.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/17/11 06:54 PM

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!
Sphire_Ziemia

Maybe a family stuff pack will come out after generations that will have strollers for multiples. Or maybe a free one will become available when registering your Generations game? Lets hope.

Sphire_Ziemia

julienrob2004 wrote:the problem with the strollers that are for toddlers to sit next to each other is that the animation would be messed up when playing . Your sim would walk down the street and either side of the stroller would be either in the road or sticking when you reach a fence , tree , hedge , wall etc on the side of the pavement . or try to go through a door on a community lot and it wont fit or look stupid as it miraculously passes through a wall as does the toddler .The ones where the toddler sit one in front of each other mean that the animations will not look right when going round corners or will need extra squares when turning as each toddler space will require on square on the grid for the animation

I've seen some that have one child in front of another. That wouldn't be so bad.

DeSims3simmer

Yo-yo whats up people of the earth?! DeSims3simmer is here telling you about this custom content baby stroller! I looked up on google 'the sims 3 stroller' and this website called The Sims Resource let me download a baby stroller FOR FREE!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 09/26/13 04:21 AM

LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH AND PLAY SIMS xD

QUOTE:
'You can't win love by buying it. You need to show real love by saying it.'

Forum Index » Generations
Go to: