Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Exception Raised - Do you wish to debug it? *Generations* I think I broke it.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Miley_rocks1999

Next time it asks you too debug do it! It helps my game. I think I might have a faulty in my game or maybe its just stpid EA. But I re-installed sims 3 the other day and I hadn't downloaded a thing. And I clicked on play and it said "Sims 3 not working" then there were 2 options debug or cancel. |I clicked on debug, then it went onto my game just like that.

damianval

Whether I click Yes or No, it always quits the game. Makes it impossible to play, and I just spent $40 on something I can't even enjoy. Screw you EA.
AndreeAndree

I have a similar problem, yes, I am on a Mac. But I do not have Generations. I did download/install the latest patch, and that is when this problem started happening. My post is here, note the numbers are different:
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/390414.page
ivinian

I'm a Mac user and have seen this twice, both times when quitting out at that point right before the screen goes black. It didn't seem to hurt anything (I save separately before quitting out). It doesn't matter if you click yes or no because the game will die either way, but I suspect that debugging just generates a log of the errors, which means nothing to us normal folks but might help coders if they get involved.

My studio -- c'mon by and take a peek! ** CC-free.
WhisperDharma

Mac user. Base, WA, Amb. Updates to 1.18. Get this error upon exiting, not during game play. Posting in case it helps the technical people with diagnosing the problems.

ETA: This started when the new patch was released, despite the fact I did not load the patch.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/12/11 04:09 PM

Carolyn_wulf55

I'm a Mac user and having the same problem. Mine happens right when you pick the town to live in, it starts loading part way then slows down and then flickers and the Debug message comes up. if i hit yes or no it still crashes. i'm so sad, i've owned this game for two weeks and have YET to play it
Dinoliz1

I am also a Mac user. I just tried to play the game. This has happened to me about 7 times in the last 4 days. The screen also flickers and colours, text and picture stuffs up! This is not the only problem I've had. about a month ago, I was playing my character that I had been playing for about 2-3 months, and started a familly, and achieved so much but throughout the last few hours of playing this save game, my sims kept on freezing. I got angry, saved the game and looked in the'The Sims 3 Readme' file. I found a cheat that unfreases them but I had to keep using that cheat over and over again because they kept freezing in the bed, on chairs, just about anywhere. Even when I used the unfreeze cheat, they would still be frozen. Everything was getting better, and I saved and exited the game. The next day I loaded that same saved game and I could not see any pannels what so ever. It looked like it was just a somewhat moovable picture. The house had all its walls up, and I could not see anything but the picture. The Cursor was still there but I couldn't click anything. (by the way I know when you press the TAB button all the panels disappear and depending on which way you move the cursor the view would move in that direction.) But this wan't it. It was something different. I didn't save the game and I exited. after numorous times trying to restart and trying to load the game again, nothing changed and because I didn't have the internet I couldn't come online to find out why this was happening. Anyway, I called up EA Australia, And of course it costs a fortune to call them up. I told this guy the problem, It seemed like he had no clue what the problem was and no solution, he gave me one so called "solution" But never worked. He told me to have a backup of save files. didn't work. I never played that save game again because I couldn't. And only a few days ago I suddenly started getting the same message all you guys have been getting. The guy I was talking to on the phone said that there is not much they can to with solving problems when it comes to Macs. I only have the sims 3 base game and Late Night. Nothing else. And the only custom things I have are mp3 custom songs. THATS IT. And I did recently update the game too. what the **** are the EA people doing? If they're saying that the customers are important then why won't they start thinking strongly about Mac users instead of just PC users. I am not calling up ever again! It was a waste of money, and a waste of time! I am addicted to the sims but when this **** happens it brings me down. Playing the sims is sort of the only thing I enjoy anymore and the only thing I really do is play the game because I'm not well. It seems that every time I get really far in the game with my favourite sims, bad things happen. Are any of the EA staff going to read what we've been saying? ARE YOU THERE EA STAFF? ARE YOU GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT PROBLEMS THAT OCCUR IN MACS?
cooliooooo

i have a mac and i have this exact promblem it started after the new patch
LoviceLynn

Same here. I just got the exception raised message and am so mad now because this has happened 3 times in the past 2 days. I'm using a macbook pro. Has anyone tried what someone said above and reloaded the game yet? Or created a new sims 3 file? Did it work? Thanks....
LoviceLynn

00myth00 wrote:You don't have to uninstall everything to fix it. I had this problem too for awhile after the latest patch. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but there's a solution, it worked for me.

First, go into your documents, into The Sims 3 folder and make a copy of your saves and mod and CC, whatever you don't want to lose. Then move your The Sims 3 folder, or rename it. Launch the game, the game will automatically create a new The Sims 3 folder, so it may take longer than normal starting up. Quit that game once it loads, and then move your save games and everything into the new The Sim 3 folder. Don't put in any mods or unofficial CC yet. Load the game again and load your family, it should work now. Also, check your mods and CC are compatible with the new update as well, for me one of my mods was causing this problem once.

Anyway, I hope this helps, it worked for me after I kept getting this problem after the Generations patch. Good Luck!

This is the thing I was talking about above.... Has anyone tried this??? Sorry
Cyron43

AznKingLord wrote:It happens to me just now and im a mac user too, and it crashed when i click yes.

@All: Just FYI, you cannot debug an application unless you have an integrated development environment (IDE) installed (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studio). Furthermore you should be a developer or else the code you get to see is like chinese for your eyes.
Debugging means reading and understanding code, modify it, recompile it and run tests. Bang your head on the desk and repeat the whole procedure if the tests still fail.
So clicking on "Yes" doesn't help at all for common users.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 07/02/11 09:48 AM

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!
Miley_rocks1999

I have problems, I think it may be the latest update, I use a computer, not a mac.

Miley_rocks1999

Cyron43 wrote:
AznKingLord wrote:It happens to me just now and im a mac user too, and it crashed when i click yes.

@All: Just FYI, you cannot debug an application unless you have an integrated development environment (IDE) installed (i.e. Microsoft Visual Studio). Furthermore you should be a developer or else the code you get to see is like chinese for your eyes.
Debugging means reading and understanding code, modify it, recompile it and run tests. Bang your head on the desk and repeat the whole procedure if the tests still fail.
So clicking on "Yes" doesn't help at all for common users.

Well on my computer, when I load up the launcher I click on play then a little box comes up and says

Sims3 launcher not working
>then theres a green loading thingy here
then after about 5 seconds it says

At the bottom of the box

Debug Cancel

I always click debug, then my game just comes up. And I find when I start a new game or carry on from a family it takes quite a while to load up and its totally annoying!!!

Cyron43

Miley_rocks1999 wrote:I use a computer, not a mac.

LOL that was a good one!

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!
simmy234

00myth00 wrote:You don't have to uninstall everything to fix it. I had this problem too for awhile after the latest patch. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but there's a solution, it worked for me.

First, go into your documents, into The Sims 3 folder and make a copy of your saves and mod and CC, whatever you don't want to lose. Then move your The Sims 3 folder, or rename it. Launch the game, the game will automatically create a new The Sims 3 folder, so it may take longer than normal starting up. Quit that game once it loads, and then move your save games and everything into the new The Sim 3 folder. Don't put in any mods or unofficial CC yet. Load the game again and load your family, it should work now. Also, check your mods and CC are compatible with the new update as well, for me one of my mods was causing this problem once.

Anyway, I hope this helps, it worked for me after I kept getting this problem after the Generations patch. Good Luck!

i carnt find my saved games were r they

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: