Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Stoneshields: A historical City off the Isles of Shoals (Update for Island Paradise)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Alyex

I can't wait
jeffisdeaf

Very cool world! Just an tip, on the "Ford Apartments" in your other world, you can see the neighbors apartment therefore the rent there is extremely pricey even though the lot only cost a starting amount to move into. I am very impressed with this world also
Quailhogs

I am happy to see more responses. Now I actually have incentive to post more pictures. Unfortunately I am unable to Edit in Game at the time being, thus I will have to hold off on showing you my intent for the gloomier part of Fortress Rock. Nevertheless, I shall still show you what I have completed thus far.

I have made a lot of progress in the downtown area. The images above in order are the Count's Tankard (Vampire Lounge which came out quite nicely after two failed attempts), Cathedral Park Church, a couple of venues including the tattoo parlor and Local Watering Hole, and the Row Houses (I incorporated a new style of Row House to prevent it from looking too uniform).

The nature you may see just outside the village.

I have demolished all which had rested upon Garbage Island, but decided to keep the land and connect it with what I originally had for the shadier area. I have boxed off a small industrial institution, where I shall put the new scrap yard, along the edge. The difference here is that the industry used to be at the edge of the village, but I felt it would be more appropriate in a less prosperous area.

@jeffisdeaf: I am disappointed to hear that about the rent mechanics of the game. That construction goof was the main attraction of that whole lot.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/05/11 10:50 PM

Yorkchop

Quailhogs, you are an extremely talented world builder and have an extraordinary imagination. I always enjoy reading your posts and in your worlds reading the descriptions of the lots and/or the residents. I like seeing the pics because I KNOW there is more going on in the world than what is visually obvious. There's a story. It's good stuff.

Conorsim

I agree with York.

Your lots are amazing and you are very talented!

Quailhogs

Yorkchop: Hello again, Yorkchop. I'm very glad you feel that way about my worlds. I do have a story building up in my mind for this world as well.
Conorsim: Thank you. I'm happy you like them.

In terms of progress, I have added vegetation to one of the more rural islands (I may show pictures in later post), and have started construction in the cheaper area. Such houses are intended to look aged and gloomy and not so much completely trashed.

These houses are in need of interior decorating, which I would rather not do myself due to the fact that interior decorating bores me and I often do a sloppy job later on because I just want to make the house livable on the inside, and not give it any unique attributes. If you would like to help me with such, please tell me; I will give you credit for your efforts in the housing description. They are named Houses 1,2, and 3 respectively, so if you have any good names, they will come in handy also. I have uploaded them to my Sim Page, so download from there, then upload your finished product and tell me when you are done. They require lots sized 40x20 (these being the few lots in my world that can actually be placed on the in-game map), and may not be decorated with items from High End Loft, the store, or any form of third party custom material.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/08/11 08:51 PM

PapaSmurf1

This is starting look really nice, I like the old rustic look and feel of the town. In some ways it looks like another rust belt city, except this time it seems much better maintained.

Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's question. ~Edgar Cayce
Quailhogs

Hello again, PapaSmurf1. I'm glad you are liking the neighborhood so far. While my main intent this time was not to make a Rust Belt city once again, I will admit the architecture and climate are very similar to that of the Rust Belt (the climate possibly even more so than Grey Meadow's). Regardless, the architecture here is still a bit more... English looking than that of Grey Meadow, so I am leaning towards a setting around there, despite how Sims will always drive on the wrong side of the street.

This is the progress I made in the more rural part of Fortress Rock, which I am naming "Dust Creek." As you can see, I only built two houses here so far, one which may be seen in an earlier picture

And Here is some other stuff:
Where the Mayor will live

Slow Development in the metropolitan area.

Creepy forest at the edge of the bad part of town.

I have not yet added vegetation to the shadier part of town, so do not expect me to leave that transition between city and forest so abrupt.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/10/11 08:27 PM

PapaSmurf1

Qualihogs wrote:

I like this pic, I think it is kinda funny that you included this.

And just wondering what do you use for your road textures, just wondering because I was thinking about using some of them in my world if I could find them. Thanks.

Quailhogs

I'm glad you like that little addition. I have a lot of fun using the wrecked car object. The road textures are actually extracted from Bridgeport. I did not extract them myself, however, because I am as technologically savvy as a goat. Finally getting to the point, this is where I got them from: http://emmies.dreamwidth.org/3821.html

PapaSmurf1

Quailhogs wrote:I'm glad you like that little addition. I have a lot of fun using the wrecked car object. The road textures are actually extracted from Bridgeport. I did not extract them myself, however, because I am as technologically savvy as a goat. Finally getting to the point, this is where I got them from: http://emmies.dreamwidth.org/3821.html

OK, thanks, they should look much better than the default road textures in my new world.

Thanks again.

Quailhogs

PapaSmurf1 wrote:
Quailhogs wrote:I'm glad you like that little addition. I have a lot of fun using the wrecked car object. The road textures are actually extracted from Bridgeport. I did not extract them myself, however, because I am as technologically savvy as a goat. Finally getting to the point, this is where I got them from: http://emmies.dreamwidth.org/3821.html

OK, thanks, they should look much better than the default road textures in my new world.

Thanks again.

I'm glad I could Help.

For this next update, I will actually include some captions to give you a better idea as to what you are looking at (obviously buildings for the most part).

Queen Anne Victorian (Not yet named)

"The Soiled Breech" Laundromat

"Crusty Craig's Canteen" Dive Bar

Slum housing near the industry.

One of the few fishing spots.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/12/11 11:50 PM

Yorkchop

Quailhogs, if you have not applied for a position in one of the major Hollywood studios, please do so. You have something that cannot be duplicated or copied. I don't know how to explain it. A unique style and vision and ability to create a "tale" that goes along with the style. You are so talented.

Perhaps you are Tim Burton posting under a pseudonym!?!

TinTinnerson48

WOW! This look SO good! I seriously LOVE your painting and lots!

I thought you said edit in game wasn't working?

We want supersims! (well, I do at least)
PapaSmurf1

Wow I really like your buildings, I wish mine were that good. A lot of times mine end up looking very similar to each, other and they don't always quite stay to one style. I guess you could call mine more McMansion(ish), and yours seem to break away from that. Far away from that! Unlike mine.

Anyways nice update, looking forward to more.

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: