Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Limited Edition Pet Store - your questions answered  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Conorsim

Mimine17 wrote:Conorsim what you said make sense in a customer point of view, but here they just want to increase preorder, that's why they are offering this bonus.

So basically getting more money very soon, and getting more money because some people won't wait until sales !

Buuuut... if the Limited Edition is the same cost as the Standard Edition, then how are they gaining? I mean... they'd get more of a profit if the Limited Edition costs more than the Standard Edition - but don't get any ideas here EA!

But really, I think I understand what you're saying. Kinda.

Goldmoldar

Conorsim wrote:
Mimine17 wrote:Conorsim what you said make sense in a customer point of view, but here they just want to increase preorder, that's why they are offering this bonus.

So basically getting more money very soon, and getting more money because some people won't wait until sales !

Buuuut... if the Limited Edition is the same cost as the Standard Edition, then how are they gaining? I mean... they'd get more of a profit if the Limited Edition costs more than the Standard Edition - but don't get any ideas here EA!

But really, I think I understand what you're saying. Kinda.

Yes, they both cost the same but EA stands to make more on the Limited edition. Diehard fans of the sims would more than likely go after a game that is limited and has something the other does not. If EA makes it goal, then all they have to do is maintain with the standard edition. It does make sense if you think on their level. It is a business decision. Sure EA could have sold Limited Editons without end, but that would serve no purpose because Limited Edition means for a period of time a special item would be available.

I7-4770K Liquid cooled, ASUS Sabertooth Z87, HD 1.5 GB 7200 RPM , 16 GB 1600 MHz, Nvidia 680 SC 2 GB, ASUS Blu-ray Burner, 850W PSU
CheerBabe15

Thanks
Kimiat

Conorsim wrote: Thanks for clearing all this up. I really don't care about the Limited Edition, as if it is available in my area I won't be able to get it anyway, but I have a question: (a dumb question?)

Why don't you just allow the Pet Shop features in every game, and not just the Limited Edition? From what you claim, the Limited Edition will cost the same as the Standard Edition. So... you won't be getting more money if you include the Pet Shop or not, so why not enable it to everyone? I hope you understand what I'm trying to say, because I sure don't understand the mechanics behind this Limited Edition.

Thanks. (and I hope what I said makes sense!!)

Its all about the numbers, even though they aren't gaining extra money, games sold in preorder give them an idea of the popularity of the product, and allow them to see the increase(or decrease) in sales after launch. Pre-orders are very good for all businesses

Graham, I adore you for this. Saves a lot of those of us who were trying to defend you lot a whole heck of a lot of trouble ^^ Good stuff mate <3

<-- I joined the Cult of the Nyan.

I don't like people who refuse to help themselves.
stilljustme2

So in other words, those who can't get the game now, or may not have the computer with the capacity to run the Sims now, will be buying a crippled game that lacks the playability of those fortunate enough to get this "limited edition". Oh, I'll still get it -- I've got the money and the computer power -- but I still think it totally sucks.

Just my 2 Simoleons.

JanChirSims

I'm sorry if I'm asking something that has already been answered but I have to ask cause I don't really understand..

Is it the Pet Store that is not going to be added in the Limited Addition (as in the build) or does it mean the cash register?

Again sorry.. I feel stupid asking this question but I want to make sure.

Erpe

Conorsim wrote:Buuuut... if the Limited Edition is the same cost as the Standard Edition, then how are they gaining? I mean... they'd get more of a profit if the Limited Edition costs more than the Standard Edition - but don't get any ideas here EA!
The idea is to tempt more people to preorder the EP. If people don't preorder then some of them will never buy the EP - and other people will wait until the price is lower. So EA gains because more people will buy the game and/or for a higher price.

Jarsie9

JanChirSims wrote:I'm sorry if I'm asking something that has already been answered but I have to ask cause I don't really understand..

Is it the Pet Store that is not going to be added in the Limited Addition (as in the build) or does it mean the cash register?

Again sorry.. I feel stupid asking this question but I want to make sure.

The Pet Store that is being added in the Limited Edition is nothing more than another community lot that will be in your lot bin. The building, which is *not* a rabbit hole, will have the pet cash register and all the other exclusive items in it. IF you have the Limited Edition, you will also be able to get the pet cash register and all the exclusive items through the buy catalog. If you do *not* get the Limited Edition, you will not get the pet store community lot nor any of the exclusive items.

There will be no pet store in the town as an alternative. Also, the pet store will not sell animals, just items, so it is not a required part of gameplay; it's just extra content. For all we know, EA will make it available through the Store after the Limited Edition sells out.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
SimChick1016

Why do people have to question business antics of such a large corporation? It seems like a waste of a post, really. It's simple, if you want the extra content that the Limited Edition has to offer(not just the Pet Store-- there is more to come, this is just what we KNOW OF at the moment) then pre-order, if you really could care less about the extra goodies and just want animals added to your game, then get the regular addition.

It makes perfect sense why they are doing this. Most people wait to buy EPs to read reviews and watch the price go down-- this way will get many people to pre-order and in essence, pay more. It's just business, don't ask questions just to wonder what EA's "evil scheme" is...

-SimChick

mw1234

So we can't build pet stores if we buy the regular version?

Follow me on Twitter: @thesims_mw1234

I accept all friend requests! I like to meet new people!
Thetford

mw1234 wrote:So we can't build pet stores if we buy the regular version?

It's not a pet store persay, but more of a pet accessory store. Essentially it's just pets furniture from the catalogue, just with the extra option of buying at the store, like buying candles and birthday cakes at the supermarket despite being in the catalogue. It's more of a social place by the sounds of it, like the museum.

The actual method of the aquisition of the pets themselves has yet to be revealved, but it will not in any way shape or form require the Limited Edition Pet Store.
drake_mccarty

I personally see the point everyone has here, but this store will not be what they are thinking. There is no possible way that it adds new playability to the game, it is probably just a lot with a WA type cash register that functions like all other cash registers. The other "exclusive" items are probably non-functional decor, which he just admitted by saying they were available in the buy catalog. The question I want to know, is WHY there wasn't some sort of functional pet store added in the game? It completely defeats the purpose by having to leave the game and enter create-a-pet to add a cat or dog to your household. They simply do not care what they produce. As the game producers they should be doing everything in their power to make this game as fun and full as possible bringing in every idea they can, but it is strikingly relevant that they don't put very much thought into what goes into their games. Expansion after expansion there is things that are skipped over and there is absolutely no logical reason as to why they were left out. (I'm not going into detail) To top it off, while months go by with no patches or any news about updates to games that are bugged, and severely unplayable they still seem to come out with a new store set each month.(they have nothing to do with each other, but the team in charge of fixing the bugs is doing something, just not their job) They prey on the long time and short time fans of the sims who are willing to spend their money on the game, and most of which don't realize they are being ripped off. This team needs to crack down and take this game seriously. While people may not realize now that the game is headed downward in terms of actual gameplay, they will in the future understand that the game was exploited for it's popularity and ruined because the developers wouldn't fill each game with new activities. People love to bring Maxis into this, but the reality is when Maxis was in charge things WERE different, even if they are the same people still.

Jarsie9

drake_mccarty wrote:I personally see the point everyone has here, but this store will not be what they are thinking. There is no possible way that it adds new playability to the game, it is probably just a lot with a WA type cash register that functions like all other cash registers. The other "exclusive" items are probably non-functional decor, which he just admitted by saying they were available in the buy catalog. The question I want to know, is WHY there wasn't some sort of functional pet store added in the game? It completely defeats the purpose by having to leave the game and enter create-a-pet to add a cat or dog to your household. They simply do not care what they produce. As the game producers they should be doing everything in their power to make this game as fun and full as possible bringing in every idea they can, but it is strikingly relevant that they don't put very much thought into what goes into their games. Expansion after expansion there is things that are skipped over and there is absolutely no logical reason as to why they were left out. (I'm not going into detail) To top it off, while months go by with no patches or any news about updates to games that are bugged, and severely unplayable they still seem to come out with a new store set each month.(they have nothing to do with each other, but the team in charge of fixing the bugs is doing something, just not their job) They prey on the long time and short time fans of the sims who are willing to spend their money on the game, and most of which don't realize they are being ripped off. This team needs to crack down and take this game seriously. While people may not realize now that the game is headed downward in terms of actual gameplay, they will in the future understand that the game was exploited for it's popularity and ruined because the developers wouldn't fill each game with new activities. People love to bring Maxis into this, but the reality is when Maxis was in charge things WERE different, even if they are the same people still.

The pet store is exactly as you describe it. That's what people are saying.

As for the other bits, well, assuming that you are no longer supporting the game by continuing to buy their expansion packs, then the game's playability or value is no longer your concern.

As for fans not realizing that they are being ripped off, that's simply your opinion. I, for one, don't feel ripped off at all. I quite enjoy the gameplay as it is now, and I am sure that the Dev Team will add more interactions as they add more expansion packs. Whether they will be the kinds of interactions you seem to want remains to be seen.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Juniormints74

Arachne wrote:This doesn't explain why some retailers are selling this for $10 extra. For example, GameStop. There's no reference to this being a bundled edition, so what's going on?

I went to GameStop & pre-ordered mine from there...it's still listed as $39.99 :
http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/the-sims-3-pets/91318

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/24/11 08:54 PM

Juniormints74

oops double post.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/19/11 05:23 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Pets
Go to: