Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Unicorn Guide  XML
Forum Index » Pets
Samkate

i've been looking every night for two sim weeks now. a cloud thing never appears and the wild horses gather around the waterfall but a unicorn never shows up.

midnighteclipse41

Ariel
Runtiestar

I'll try looking for the black unicorn another time =)

I added more information to the op, including teleportation and the action "return to wild".

Ashcroft31

Runtiestar wrote:How interesting! I've never encountered a black unicorn in my town. Did you find it at the typical unicorn lot?

well i have amazingly, whilst working with one of my sim families on sunset valley

not sure of the sex of it though as by the time i got my head around the whole idea of unicorns in sunset valley daylight set it and it teleported out poof gone, but i'll check again later and take it from there

other than that i have yet to see any white one's unicorns that is, and i'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that after over 2 years of playing a somewhat dead valley i'm now seeing animals popping up every whereand that ice cream van who come up with that idea

but anyway, i'll have to now really work fast around the new wild and stray additions in and around the valley which is going to be fun to say the least
BoltzY2k

Are unicorns in other neighborhoods like Bridgeport? I know it's a city...

enicholeay

I have only found a black unicorn so far, and it is a male. Come to think of it, I am not sure if it actually shows it anywhere on the gameplay bar at the bottom, but when I get little pop ups up top it refers to it as "he". I am really hoping to find a white unicorn too! I am having trouble finding another now though. Before this one joined my family, he appeared frequently, but now there is no unicorn activity at the fish farm/pond thing or at the waterfall. Has anyone else noticed this? maybe I am just not looking enough. When this one appeared it was at like...two in the morning. It was the same every time.
Relationships

Runtiestar wrote:I'll try looking for the black unicorn another time =)

I added more information to the op, including teleportation and the action "return to wild".

I was wondering if u can use CAS to change the unicorns color, any info appriciated!

Gigidawn

Runtiestar wrote:

Problem~ The unicorn won't accept my invitation! Why is that so?
A: Your sim must become a "friend of all creatures". To do this, you have to befriend three pets. A horse, dog, and cat must become your friends first before the unicorn joins your household.

Not necessarily. I adopted a unicorn with being friends with only a horse. My sim did own a turtle and two birds. She also petted a raccoon and a deer.

Relationships

Samkate wrote:i've been looking every night for two sim weeks now. a cloud thing never appears and the wild horses gather around the waterfall but a unicorn never shows up.

I cheated to find a unicorn, i used testingcheatsenabled true then i shift clicked the mailbox and pick know everybody, or u can just download a household that has a unicorn.

xharlee

WRONG.

You do NOT need to befriend a horse, dog, and a cat in order for the unicorn to accept your invitation.
Your hidden wildlife skill has to be at least a level 6. Only then will the unicorn accept your invitation. In order to raise it, you have to interact (or even just watch) with deer, raccoons, falcons, wild horses, turtles, snakes, etc. If you are having a hard time finding wildlife, buy the Wildlife Gnome so the wildlife would be attracted to your house.

The black unicorn finally showed up in my front lawn after I interacted with all of the wildlife I could possibly find, and after I befriended it, it immediately accepted my invitation and I was not friends with any cats or dogs.
Nik24X7

Anyone notice that unicorns have a much longer lifespan than regular horses? My unicorns do. About three or four times the regular lifespan of a horse.

Edited to add: male unicorns have a goatee beard; females do not. That is how you can tell them apart.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 10/21/11 09:20 PM

Flesrayne

Its just stupid, game just pauses and cancels action when I try to do anything to a dumb horse...

Remember to see the light in your heart.
Flesrayne

Annoyed and frusterated with dealing with the wildlife skills and pets? As much fun as I love doing things the right way for my stories, which I certainly do, all you can do is put up the testingcheat code, find your Unicorn and somply right click and add it to family with no trouble.

Remember to see the light in your heart.
Runtiestar

I'll edit the op soon

Relationships~ I think you can edit a unicorn's coat, because I was debating over myself whether to change the foal's coat or not.

Nik24X7~ Thank you for info on sexing the unicorns! This will certainly be helpful to those who need to catch certain genders. I'll also look into the lifespan of a unicorn and compare it to that of a horse.

To befriend a unicorn, your secret wildlife skill must be raised to level six. You can obtain this skill by watching wildlife that appears throughout your town. This includes deer, racoons, birds, etc. An easy way to raise it is by watching the wild horses by the pond where the unicorn typically appears.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 10/22/11 12:37 AM

barisaxy

Nik24X7 wrote:Edited to add: male unicorns have a goatee beard; females do not. That is how you can tell them apart.

And you can remove it in CAS(er... P) right?

I just got the game. I haven't even seen any wildlife yet, so yeah, I don't know much. lol

The Sims 3 needs a WIND INSTRUMENT.

The lack of them is UNFAIR.

Forum Index » Pets
Go to: