Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
What are your sims protesting about?  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
plez2k5

Here's the anti-ladybug protest in my game; I get a kick out the "WTF" look on my Sim's face:

Not sure why the cop is protesting, though...

Adrikastar7

Mine was the marrige of ****, they were holding signs with 2 men and wedding rings LOL

MarioSim05

Mine were anti-jellyfish one time.

Brijenieve

My sims haven't protested yet. Is there a way to make this happen, or is it just a matter of getting lucky and seeing it?
Mahogany_Rose

Adrikastar7 wrote:Mine was the marrige of ****, they were holding signs with 2 men and wedding rings LOL

Wow. I guess prop 8 isn't popular anywhere.

And Brijenieve it's random, you can't start a protest as far as I know but you can join in by clicking the building while one's taking place. They usually happen on the weekends. Mine seem to always occur on Sunday afternoons.

OMG what's up with your siggy MarioSim?! How evil looking. I like it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/26/09 01:49 AM

Karazara

snooky wrote:they were protesting the police, it was funny because there were two police in the protest...

Well maybe they weren't protesting the police in general, but specific policies of the police department that even some of the police didn't like. That can happen in RL (though I think most police departments have a policy against policemen protesting in uniform).
Karazara

windowsim wrote:I've only ever seen one protest, and they were carrying signs with the nuclear symbol on them -- I guess they were protesting Sim Nation's arsenal of nuclear weapons?

Or maybe it was a pro-nuclear protest, and they were protesting the lack of nuclear weapons lol... or maybe they think SimNation needs more nuclear power plants built or something.

I don't know what's so bad about jellyfish that people are protesting against them lol...

I suppose the pro-handcuff protest could be in favor of tougher laws against crime or something?

Some almost make sense in a way, most are pretty nonsensical though. My insane sim would love to join in one of these. The point of protest is to vent, not to actually affect meaningful policy changes, be perfect for an insane person. Nobody sets policy on a bunch of people taking to the street and yelling out their political beliefs. That's not democracy, that's mob rule. I think the creators perfectly captured how silly the whole concept is. Not that I have anything against people exercising their right to speak their mind... but if they want to actually effect any meaningful change, it's just not the most effective way to go about it.
writetheeulogy

"Bond. James Bond."
Zeri

i saw mine protsting handcuffs once
Mysticlight95

I haven't seen any protests yet . But I'll be sure to look for them on the weekends!

Siggy made by: the amazing itsallabouterika9
PikakeNikole

I want my sims to protest soooo bad!! I'll be looking out!
highfashion57

Scrogdog

Funniest one I saw was anti-llama, but yeah, they'll protest some fairly amusing things.

cuporamenyumyum

Rofl @ the Nessie protests.

elkinfamily

how do u get to a protest? i want one!

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: