Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
My sims 3 pets game keeps crashing  XML
Forum Index » Pets
Spacey72659

My error log files showed DEP issues at first and I was relieved. I thought that would fix the issue - but even though I fixed that, the game still crashes

I though it was just my horse lots, b/c everything else works fine, but now it's spreading. It's like, I can play a family for awhile, but then suddenly, they just crash. Then, I can never get back into the lot - it either just never finishes loading or it crashes withing seconds of opening the game.

It's getting really irritating since I used to never play the same families a lot, but now, since I WANT to keep my legacy familieis going, I can't. UGH.

frylock243

Hey, Spacey, cwaddell suggested that she had the crash issue and had to use Twallan's MasterController mod to go total annihilation on some of the extraneous sims in her crashing games. I finally opted for the same. I took out the stray animals, deer and foreign tourists. My game has been running up to where I have ErrorCode 12 again.

So, that might be why you're having trouble - bloated game.

Now, I just need to figure out why I can't upload screenshots to the exchange ... and why my launcher no longer hooks up with the Welcome page.
taffles

Blackthorn1918 wrote:My game only freezes when i go into build/buy mode and redecorate something for a while then when i go to unpause it and it won't let me and then i have to force it to shut down. Then on my desktop it says sims3 pets has stopped working windows will shut down the program and let you know if there is a solution.

My game also has problems when I go into build/buy mode. If it doesn't crash when it's starting up, it crashes then. But from what I've seen so far, this is caused by the latest patch they released, and a lot of people are having this problem, so hopefully it gets fixed soon.
SkaFish325

Mine is doing the same thing and I am pretty mad about it. It really sucks that I just wasted money on something I can't even play. Thanks a lot EA!
Maera

For build/buy mode crashes, disable shop mode in your game options. It's the new in game advertising they added that's doing it.
Pink_Sim2010

Everything that you all have described has happened me as well. It's the most frustrating thing ever. I just bought pets and generation and I can't play it because of the malfunction. So annoying. I WANT TO PLAY.
Kelci91

My game ran perfectly until I installed the new patch, now it crashes at least every 20 minutes. Thanks, EA.

beachgal79

My game is also crashing after I installed the latest patch on ~12/15. It has become very annoying and crashed twice during the create a sim. I lost everything I created. Hopefully they will issue a patch to their patch?
michele2oo9

I bought pets about a month ago and couldn't even play the game for more than a few minutes without it crashing. I uninstalled it and waited for the patch to come out, and it did seem to fix most of the problems (although I had to disable Shop Mode), but EVERY TIME a horse shows up on my screen, the game crashes. It doesn't matter if I open the adoption window, create-a-sim, or just stumble across one while playing the game; the horses are definitely the problem for me. It makes me really sad, because the horses were what I was most excited about!
AaliyahLovesYou

My game freezes while it starts loading then if im lucky it wont crash on the loading screen but it if doesnt crash on loading page it crashes like 5 minutes once it's completely loaded so now im just waiting until the new patch because this is ridiculous and extremely annoying! and sometimes i try to make a new family but once im about to move them in the house it crashes before i can even save
AaliyahLovesYou

My game freezes while it starts loading then if im lucky it wont crash on the loading screen but it if doesnt crash on loading page it crashes like 5 minutes once it's completely loaded so now im just waiting until the new patch because this is ridiculous and extremely annoying! and sometimes i try to make a new family but once im about to move them in the house it crashes before i can even save
missjasm1ne

I found a solution that works for me. Everything was moving smoothly until I installed pets and I kept getting the error that says "The Sims 3 has stopped working" and it would crash. I have Windows 7 and basically what's going on is an issue with DEP.

Go to your start menu and go to the control panel. Click on "System and Security" then "System." On the left hand side, click on "Advanced System Settings." Now click on the "Data Execution Prevention" tab and then select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except for those I select."

Next, click on "Add" and browse for TS3W.exe under
C://Program files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin and click "Ok."
You're going to have to restart your computer, and then the changes should take effect. I haven't had any issues with crashing since I did that! Hope it works

If life rains on you too much, grab an umbrella. ☂
PrincessTink384

still crashing and i haven't played in days.
octoberfier

I didn't start getting a crash until I downloaded those "sim points" purchases like hair or clothes, through the game. It's so stupid. It glitches when moving around the screen and i have to save all the time because it could crash at any time. ): What do i do!!
SimAddict2009

I don't have a mac so no horse issue here and as for other crashes in game for me it runs very well indeed.

I'm on a HP Pavilion DV6 3100sa Laptop (just turned 1 year old in november) and the only crashes I got were when I installed the latest patch and tried launching the game.

It would crash on the sims 3 logo intro. It did this in the beguining had about 3 crashes but then it calmed down and I have had none since, it loads fine now.

As for in game crashes or freezes so far no in game crashes or freezes here. But clearly there is something wrong in the game if there are all these crashes. Hope when the next patch comes out it will address all theese in game crashing issues you guys are having as well as any others .

Also this patch fixed the no fluff issue for me ^^.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/22/11 04:29 PM

Forum Index » Pets
Go to: