Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
This is the worst move you guys have pulled yet!  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
Sabrosa

elizka93 wrote:I don't even care about the fact that it's gonna lag. If I wanted to connect with my friends I wouldn't be at home playing the Sims! Oh god, someone please wake me up from this nightmare.

Lol I've never complained about and EP or SP but this?! ***?

LOL I feel the same way. I told my hubby today was the day the Sims died to me. Been playing for over 11 years and I can just see the direction they want to take this brand, and I am not going to be around for it.
shogunfish

SimChick1016 wrote:
shogunfish wrote:Do they really think people are excited enough to pre order this? They really need to read the forums.

I'm amazed by the amount of people that seem to be excited about the EP as it is. I mean, seriously? You all are content with this? It's a few crayons short of a full box, if ya know what I mean.

Wait... really. I have literally seen maybe three people who like this. On the forum index for Showtime (It makes me shutter that that exists) most posts are about "No this is horrible" about two or three are about "Don't judge a book by it's cover" and one is "I like it"... I do know what you mean, though, it's a few slices short of a loaf.

windweaver

JohnDaShanker wrote:All of you complaining about the social features, its not required to have them, infact it's not even what you think it is. YOU CHOOSE to allowsomeone else game to JUST preform a gig,(might add more in later expansion packs), it's not like "oh no some random person came into my game and ruined my garden", stop complaining. Also if it freezes and crashes the game frequently, they wouldnt of put it in there if it did. By the way the hardcore forum'ers like you, aren't their only fans and buyers and this social aspects may appeal to more people than you think. Lastly EA isn't dumb enough to require you to have Facebook or other social networking sites just to play a game since not everyone has them. No one on here thinks logically anymore, and it's so irritating.

What do you mean, EA isn't dumb enough to require you to have facebook? You are required to have internet, read your base game box. And everything they make freezes and crashes the game, why do you think Twallan and Pescado's mods are so popular? Why are the tech sections full of posts about.... none other than.... freezes and crashes!

lol, where have you been since June of 2009? sleeping?

Send letter to complain about T4:
Andrew Wilson, CEO
Electronic Arts
209 Redwood Shores Parkway
Redwood City, CA 94065
redique

Wait I just found out about this EP today and I read the new social features but it sounded I can use not need to play it in the game and im still catching on to all this but does it mean I need to use this to play if so. OMG WHAT ARE THEY THINKING REALLY I BET THERE IS LIKE ZILLIONS OF PEOPLE THAT DONT EVEN HAVE FACEBOOK AND TWIITTER AND THEY PLAY THE SIMS AND I DONT WANT MY STUPID FRIENDS TO SEE THAT MY SIM JUST TOOK A DUMP IN MY GAME AND EVEN FIND OUT IPLAY THE SIMS CAUSE I KNOW SOME WILL JUST CALL ME GAY SO EA THAT IS THE WORST THING U EVER DONE AND IF U DONT PUT IT THAT U DONT NEED TO USE ITS ONLY AN OPTION ITS NOT REQUIRED TO USE IT TO PLAY IT I AM NOT BUYING A SIMS EP FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AND THIS IS SAYING A LOT. Sorry about all the caps but Im just that angry and again im sorry for all the caps but I just wanted to show my anger and its not target at u its for EA so dont take it personaly,
Nickelsims

For me, it's not so much that it will have the social feature that bothers me (provided we are allowed to turn it off because I would never, ever use it), it's that this social feature seems to be the "Big Thing" for this EP. EA is like yeah, okay here's a few new jobs that we forgot to put in Late Night, but now you can connect to FACEBOOK! YAY! Who the flip cares? Has anyone ever even requested that? I just don't get it. Of all the thousands of wonderful, seemingly easy-to-implement ideas on the forums, they give us facebook. Seriously. I could just cry with disappointment.

Unless it is gifted to me or EA releases more info about it that makes it seem worthwhile, this will be the first EP I won't get since the original Sims came out. And it's not because I'm scared of facebook or because I wanted something else, it's because I literally do not see one single cool thing that would make it worth my money.

Visit The Brennan Legacy at http://nickelsims.blogspot.com. The next heir vote is scheduled for January 2012!
Goldmoldar

redique wrote:Wait I just found out about this EP today and I read the new social features but it sounded I can use not need to play it in the game and im still catching on to all this but does it mean I need to use this to play if so. OMG WHAT ARE THEY THINKING REALLY I BET THERE IS LIKE ZILLIONS OF PEOPLE THAT DONT EVEN HAVE FACEBOOK AND TWIITTER AND THEY PLAY THE SIMS AND I DONT WANT MY STUPID FRIENDS TO SEE THAT MY SIM JUST TOOK A DUMP IN MY GAME AND EVEN FIND OUT IPLAY THE SIMS CAUSE I KNOW SOME WILL JUST CALL ME GAY SO EA THAT IS THE WORST THING U EVER DONE AND IF U DONT PUT IT THAT U DONT NEED TO USE ITS ONLY AN OPTION ITS NOT REQUIRED TO USE IT TO PLAY IT I AM NOT BUYING A SIMS EP FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AND THIS IS SAYING A LOT. Sorry about all the caps but Im just that angry and again im sorry for all the caps but I just wanted to show my anger and its not target at u its for EA so dont take it personaly,

Before you get upset, I would wait and see how this social function works first. I am going to think ahead for EA and they might do it and thay might not. I do not think just anybody can enter one's world without permission. It might have a system where one requests to enter or is on a friend's list and even then they might still need permission. If it is like that it might be more acceptable to some and I can accept that even though I will not use that function. Other games are using the features that EA is using but not with Facebook(hate facebook) Dead Island does it even if I am not in multiplayer I have other people coming into my game. Gaming is evolving and with social networking it really has evolved. This was bound to happen and sadly it is not going away.

I7-4770K Liquid cooled, ASUS Sabertooth Z87, HD 1.5 GB 7200 RPM , 16 GB 1600 MHz, Nvidia 780 Ti Classified 3 GB, ASUS Blu-ray Burner, 850W PSU
Danodanz

I am willing to bet my life savings that the only people willing to buy this are under the age of 14.....And just an added bet, the first Sim they'll be making is Lady Gaga.

Wrong or right, the game is still lame.

This could actually be the best thing you'll ever read......Even if it's not it's worth a go!
www.danzoisthebest.blogspot.com
Sk8rblaze

I'm really hoping they cap the EPs at 8. There's no reason to go on with this mess, it's just hurting the franchise more and more as you can see for yourselves just by looking at the forum. I understand someone reading this may be thinking it's a great EP and there's nothing wrong with it but the amount of people ranting over it is the highest ever seen with an EP from The Sims (1, 2, AND 3). I remember at first there was something with University. Wasn't as bad as this though.

EA, just release 2 more crap EPs after this and take all the time you need to perfect the Sims 4, please.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/07/11 01:24 AM

Jarsie9

Sk8rblaze wrote:I'm really hoping they cap the EPs at 8. There's no reason to go on with this mess, it's just hurting the franchise more and more as you can see for yourselves just by looking at the forum. I understand someone reading this may be thinking it's a great EP and there's nothing wrong with it but the amount of people ranting over it is the highest ever seen with an EP from The Sims (1, 2, AND 3). I remember at first there was something with University. Wasn't as bad as this though.

EA, just release 2 more crap EPs after this and take all the time you need to perfect the Sims 4, please.

And if the Sims 4 is online, forget you, EA, because I won't be buying it.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
Cyberqueen13

Jarsie9 wrote:
Sk8rblaze wrote:I'm really hoping they cap the EPs at 8. There's no reason to go on with this mess, it's just hurting the franchise more and more as you can see for yourselves just by looking at the forum. I understand someone reading this may be thinking it's a great EP and there's nothing wrong with it but the amount of people ranting over it is the highest ever seen with an EP from The Sims (1, 2, AND 3). I remember at first there was something with University. Wasn't as bad as this though.

And if the Sims 4 is online, forget you, EA, because I won't be buying it.

I will! I will buy it and I will have house party competitions with friends that I have met in the sims forums. I already add their avitars to all my worlds. It would be awesome to invite a sim friend over to see the new living room set and to shoot some pool together. I LOVE that the pool table and jutebox are back! Awesome, and now my Alisha Keys and Robin Thicke can perform togther FOR REAL!

I Dream of Sims
x_MG_x

These people are clapping because of the original post:

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 12/07/11 03:11 AM

CALL ME JAKE BTW

vmprslr

I like the idea of playing in your friend's game, if that is correct, but everything else seems already done, and should have been in late night.. I am disappointing. I will however not be disappointing if they include weather in this ep! which i highly doubt.

-vmprslr

ChellyMadock

elizka93 wrote:... If I wanted to connect with my friends I wouldn't be at home playing the Sims! ...

This. I like the sound of careers, it sounds like it could be a fun expansion, but I probably won't get it because of the social features (unless they're completely optional and you aren't penalized in any way for not participating).
Mikki101

I think this EP is such a joke. Come on.

Long live the manwitch!!!
GBA91101Nver4get

I really hope that this whole online social thing isn't the direction that EA is going to take with the sims series. I hope that this is just a bad experiment that they'll learn from. I don't know who thought that the whole online features were a great idea, but clearly it wasn't.

Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best. RIP 10-5-2011

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: