Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Witch/Wizard as the new "creature"? (PICTURE!)  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
x_Saffron

PEACHES327 wrote:
SimsManiac2k9 wrote:...

Its a magic act. Its Stage magic & Thats EA's picture.

Does not look 'Creature like' Enough.

I agree... it's just a magician performing a trick. Meh, too bad it's not magic - the "real" kind like in Makin' Magic.

My only problem with this being a "trick" is that the sims is not on a stage, or nothing, and has such a mean look on her face. I personally don't think she's doing a trick.

(Have you noticed every sim game except Generations & Pets had the creature on the box art? There's a "magician" holding a wand on the Showtime box )

( OFF-SUBJECT EDIT : Is it me or one of the sim on the poster in this pic -http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/6465549189/in/photostrea
m/ - looks exactly like this woman : http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0U4Yf7IDGPM/TfTG8AkhJtI/AAAAAAAAAew/d
MwSpNn18CM/s1600/vero1.jpg
)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/07/11 05:46 PM

SimsManiac2k9

x_Saffron wrote:
My only problem with this being a "trick" is that the sims is not on a stage, or nothing, and has such a mean look on her face. I personally don't think she's doing a trick.

(Have you noticed every sim game except Generations & Pets had the creature on the box art? There's a "magician" holding a wand on the Showtime box )

( OFF-SUBJECT EDIT : Is it me or one of the sim on the poster in this pic -http://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/6465549189/in/photostrea
m/ - looks exactly like this woman : http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-0U4Yf7IDGPM/TfTG8AkhJtI/AAAAAAAAAew/d
MwSpNn18CM/s1600/vero1.jpg
)

We don't know if she's on a Stage or not, She could just be acting mean in act or something.. I can't tell. The rabbits behind her make her look like she is on a stage or something like that.

Gen and Pets are the only missing a some sort of Creature, Pets should of had Werewolfs.. Im not sure on this witch thing &

They are similar, I don't know who that woman is though...

Nickelsims

x_Saffron wrote:My only problem with this being a "trick" is that the sims is not on a stage, or nothing, and has such a mean look on her face.

To me, she looks like she's on a stage. The lighting looks like stage lighting. There are curtains but no windows. She looks like she's in front of the box shown in the trailer that they use for the sword trick. So what if her face looks mean? Magicians don't have to smile the whole time...that actually would be kind of creepy.

Visit The Brennan Legacy at http://nickelsims.blogspot.com. The next heir vote is scheduled for January 2012!
Staker

I think it's just a trick. I believe that magic is a skill that you can improve to learn new tricks, or you receive more tricks as you climb higher in your magician "career". Maybe you start out with these "pulling rabbits" things, and as you evolve, you learn real magic. Wasn't the magic in Makin Magic also a mixture of real magic and tricks?
I hope there will be witches and wizards in the game, but I don't think that the sim in that picture is nothing more than a performer.

"In this life we only have each others. If one of us goes down, we all go down. So focus." -Leonardo (TMNT 2003)
KoumoriDiru

x_Saffron wrote:My only problem with this being a "trick" is that the sims is not on a stage, or nothing, and has such a mean look on her face.

You can't tell, the picture is too close up. As Staker said, perhaps she's quite high up in the magician career, making her able to do better tricks.

I really hope it isn't the new creature- doesn't look very creature-like anyway. In Sims 2 the witches looked like your typical witch, not just like some normal human- because I'd love magic in my game (proper magic).

Meri20098

PixelRainbow wrote:I hope it's witches/wizards!
...I love Harry Potter so now I have so many families in my mind!

I'd consider getting it if that was a part of it

GREENEYA

KoumoriDiru wrote:

You can't tell, the picture is too close up. As Staker said, perhaps she's quite high up in the magician career, making her able to do better tricks.

I really hope it isn't the new creature- doesn't look very creature-like anyway. In Sims 2 the witches looked like your typical witch, not just like some normal human- because I'd love magic in my game (proper magic).

I agree.
Staker

KoumoriDiru wrote:

I really hope it isn't the new creature- doesn't look very creature-like anyway. In Sims 2 the witches looked like your typical witch, not just like some normal human-

You know, some people could be insulted by your comment One of my second cousins is a witch, and she has explained to me about a hundred times that witchcraft is a religion and witches are normal humans - not some creepy crones from Hänsel and Gretel. She told me that every witch gets his/her powers from a higher being, like from a demon or a deity, and no witch is born with abilities, since the power doesn't come from them. And believe me, she gets mad if someone says that she is not a normal human.
So be careful what you say She might place a curse upon you.

"In this life we only have each others. If one of us goes down, we all go down. So focus." -Leonardo (TMNT 2003)
sshaw1

Location:This is my timey wimey detector, it goes ding when there's stuff.

Staker wrote:
KoumoriDiru wrote:

I really hope it isn't the new creature- doesn't look very creature-like anyway. In Sims 2 the witches looked like your typical witch, not just like some normal human-

You know, some people could be insulted by your comment One of my second cousins is a witch, and she has explained to me about a hundred times that witchcraft is a religion and witches are normal humans - not some creepy crones from Hänsel and Gretel. She told me that every witch gets his/her powers from a higher being, like from a demon or a deity, and no witch is born with abilities, since the power doesn't come from them. And believe me, she gets mad if someone says that she is not a normal human.

Agreed. Well, not about the cursed part! I know a wiccan and she hates to be stereotyped as a devil loving demon, when she obviously isn't. But I do understand what you mean, most people want the creatures in the EP's to be actual creatures.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 12/07/11 07:42 PM

reni401

IceBro wrote:OMG, THE STATUES

How did i not see this before....

It all makes sense now...

THis can only mean....

The new creature is the SOCIAL BUNNY

AHHHHHHH, Run for your tiny simmy lives, its coming for us...!!!!

Social bunny... social features. I smell an easily spread rumour just begging to be unleashed upon the forums!

Reni & Hans. Met in the official Sims chat room in 2000. Married in 2008. 1st child born Feb 4th, 2011 .

Baby #2 on the way, due late June.
SimsManiac2k9

reni401 wrote:
IceBro wrote:OMG, THE STATUES

How did i not see this before....

It all makes sense now...

THis can only mean....

The new creature is the SOCIAL BUNNY

AHHHHHHH, Run for your tiny simmy lives, its coming for us...!!!!

Social bunny... social features. I smell an easily spread rumour just begging to be unleashed upon the forums!

Ooooh Don't tempt me.

SimsManiac2k9

See the Rabbits?

I'd rather have the Social bunny back, Than a Human looking Witch.

Pcjunky13

x_Saffron wrote:
SimsManiac2k9 wrote:

Its a magic act. Its Stage magic & Thats EA's picture.

Oh god. You didn't read, did you? Of course, it's a EA picture.

And, from what I can see, this is not a magic act. In the magician career paths, the "tricks" seem to be "fake magic", like pulling a rabbit out of a hat, "cutting" someone in two, etc. The cliché magic acts. However, that glowing blue orb is nothing like the rest of the showcased tricks. For that reason, I think it is actual magic.

I know normally creatures are not shown in the early EA pictures, but if you think about it, Imaginary Friends were showcased very early in the sims Generations.

EDIT: Did the witches and wizards in previous games looked "creature like"? No. They looked like regular sims with magic powers.

okay first of it even says in the descripition of what this game will be what u can be Singers, Performers, Magicians, and DJs. Doesnt say magic.. Its just a magic trick not everything is in the trailer or just for example sims 3 pets they didnt show they didnt show that you can teach ur pets tricks yet it was in the gameplay
Pcjunky13

oh and in the trailer the show a guy floating and underneath him is a blue mist you forgot to mention that so easily...Oh and hello the only way to get magic is buying the spelling book in the store technically they havent in there
KoumoriDiru

Staker wrote:
KoumoriDiru wrote:

Ok?

Post Reply Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: