Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Why do you hate the World Adventure?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Zeri

yeah thats true, it does. thats why i need some new tombs ^_^

but the simfu and necter making and photography are more than worth it as well

Nik24X7

I actually enjoy WA very much. There's only a couple things I don't care for about it. First, I hate the extra loading time it takes to travel to a foreign destination. Second, I don't care that the quests are rather repetitive. I've travelled through the same tombs and collected the same objects time and time again. But I don't think I've had a Sim make it through to the "end" so to speak. They usually die before that happens. I've gotten to where I send Sims to a destination with the only purpose of enjoying the place and interacting with the locals. I don't usually perform any more quests.
Zeri

yeah it would be nice if a child of a sim, could say pick up where dad left of. it does get bothersome always starting over

Rockleyfamily

Hate is a strong word, I like it when it works, I've had a lot of fun travelling, the destinations are beautiful and you get a sense of satisfaction from solving tombs.

My WA is ALWAYS broken, travelling can cause my computer to shut down, my sims to disappear, ME to arrive at the destination simless (that was odd) and sims getting stuck in the destination. I tried to travel recently after the patch came out, thinking it would be ok but it didnt work

I wouldn't uninstall it though, I love the basements, the furniture, the clothes, the skills etc and I use them all, I just have no real plans to actually travel!

betty_me13

Thank you for recommending them Zeri! If you have any questions regarding tomb building, I would be happy to help!

How can you explore the tombs again? Is it a cheat?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/10/12 06:30 PM

CK213

It's ok, but I rarely send my sims anymore. I just use the content for local community lots. I sent sims away once to have a clone of mysim waiting at home. That put me off traveling. Tomb raiding was interesting the first few times, but I got bored of it. I might give it another try. It's been awhile.

TheChronicR

I love the World Adventures expansion pack and its three worlds are some of my most favourite worlds in the whole of the Sims series. It is a very clever idea, but very poorly done. I apologize, but the routing in all locations is absolutely horrible, add to that the numerous glitches and irreversible bugs (that are only now being noticed by EA and fixed), and you get the picture. However I am one of those lucky players who rarely have technical problems with this expansion pack (touches wood). It's absolutely flawless to me and I simply have to send one of my legacy sims to the tombs. They are so detailed!

With regards,

TheChronicR
Zeri

yeah i find its really a good idea to have long interludes between travels. helps lessen the 'humdrum' of it.

and you dont need a cheat to redo a tomb, just go back to the destination and enter. i play so many different towns tho, i rarely have many opportunities to completely explore ONE place completely.

i like to go and clear the sphinx right away. that way, not only is it easy for a cursed sim to get right to the point, but its loaded with loot that can help out a poor sim family. i often send new families on adventures to get extra money

(and decor)

Sunflower227

WA = WIN.

Oh. My. GLOB!
pr0x1ma

It's an okay EP. I don't like it for the travelling just because I find the quests very tedious anymore. Once you're done with the quests, there's not much else to do in the other countries other than sit there. Whenever I do send my sims, they go only for about a day because I get bored quickly abroad.

But I do love it for the skills/recipes and the furniture.

cwaddell

I like WA but Gen broke it to some extent. Patches since have fixed some of the problems.

If I'm not planning on buying a vacation home, which requires level 3 visa, then I don't do the quests at all.

I use the time to learn and advance skills, write books for my author sims, build relationships for traveling couples, harvest produce for gardener sims, buy books and equipment. Edit: Athletic sims jog everywhere. I also have my sims call home every day to slowly build relationships but also to keep their social and fun meters up. Almost every one of my teens get their own separate trip as soon as they age up and can build their newly learned skills. Plus teens travel cheaper and they don't get those annoying phone calls pushing quests.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/10/12 08:10 PM

stilljustme2

KoumoriDiru wrote:I don't hate it. What I don't like though is that once you've explored a tomb none of your other sims in town can, so once you've done the adventure that's it you can't re-do it.
But it's good fun, and Shang Simla is beautiful.

This. I'd like it if the tombs reset so that more than one Sim in a town (or especially a family) could explore it, maybe with different items available to find. The tombs eventually get repetitive after a while too. The loading screens are frustrating after experiencing the "open town" aspect of Sims 3 -- it feels like going back in history to the Sims 2 era. And it's unrealistic to come back from a "trip" and it's only 5 minutes after you left.

I do like some of the features of the WA towns -- I've used some of the lots in my other towns after remodeling them (some of the homes in Champs le Sims really work well with the horses in Pets), and I've got mods that make the WA items available at the stores in my home town (books, skill items, and fruits/vegetables/fish); I also put the fish spawners in my towns. But I really see no purpose in having my Sims travel any more.

Everett

Zeri wrote:i love WA its one of my favorites pets is my all time fav tho.

This

Aside from Pets, World Adventures is my favourite also. Don't really like the other EP's.

Do like the travel/adventure aspect and the ability to explore.
ladyinlife2

I love WA. I have a second generation sim now who's lifetime wish to to explore 6 tombs in each location. If i have another sim i want to explore and want to start fresh i save the family, and restart in new game
Mylita

I love WA, it is my favorite expansion. My sims come back rich from doing the adventures and I keep and display the collectible items. I even hand the collectibles and any art work/statues/inventions/potions/gems/stones down to my next sim. <3

Mylita

edited to add: I use MC to give my sims adventures, because I like to do them back to back. WA is not for vacationing for my sims, it is their job. While successive sims can do the quests individually to get the final reward, all the doors will be open and many of the random drops will not have respawned. So, I set them up in their own game. I do save the the house and hand it down with all the stuff I've accumulated, though. I do give the sim some of the travel oriented life rewards and can finish all the adventures I like to achieve visa level 3 in six days.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 01/10/12 09:30 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: