Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims3 Constantly Crashing! Out of Ideas PLEASE HELP :(  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
yesme88

me too and at first I thought it was a sim that I had downloaded but i took him out of the game and I still have crashes like 30 min into playing .I had none of this untill I installed pets and patched. its been nothing but but a pain inthe backend ever since. I almost wish i had just skipped buying it but now that i have it and payed 40 bucks I feel like I have the right to play problem free.
lenne543

I'm having the exact same problem, I have NO CC and it happens to me ALL the time! I'm close to giving up Sims if I didn't just buy a new expansion pack... I noticed it started happening after the last patch (I know, Broken record.) but still, that was a month or so ago (maybe more, can't remember.) you think by now, some one would have made a new patch to fix this... It's getting to the point that every time I turn on my game I say a little prayer that there's a patch cause I don't want to have to keep worrying about saving every 5 minutes...
Maybe we should start a petition to EA to get a new patch in or something
hearmeroarx

You didn't do anything wrong. I'm having the same issues, and just recently contacted EA again, with a very long email.
I've uninstalled and re-installed my games probably around four times-and that's a LOT...and a lot of time-and I've done all the DEP, the dxdiag's, EVERYTHING suggested, yet nothing's worked.

I agree with the assumption that it's the patch. It has to be, otherwise we all wouldn't be having such a rough time with this game.

We pay money for this...we should get a working game.

"Sometimes you gotta fall before you fly."
Eppybiz7

hearmeroarx wrote:You didn't do anything wrong. I'm having the same issues, and just recently contacted EA again, with a very long email.
I've uninstalled and re-installed my games probably around four times-and that's a LOT...and a lot of time-and I've done all the DEP, the dxdiag's, EVERYTHING suggested, yet nothing's worked.

I agree with the assumption that it's the patch. It has to be, otherwise we all wouldn't be having such a rough time with this game.

I feel the same way. There was a thread on here called "Sims 3 Pets Official Crash Thread", but it has disappeared. There were 60 pages of crashing problems on that thread alone.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I've tried EVERY solution suggested by anyone or anything I could find. The problem is NOT our computers - it is Pets and/or the latest update.

What I wonder is if they are even working on it, or are they too busy working on new store items, and new expansion packs. I, for one, will not spend another dime until this issue is resolved.

hearmeroarx

Eppybiz7 wrote:
hearmeroarx wrote:You didn't do anything wrong. I'm having the same issues, and just recently contacted EA again, with a very long email.

I feel the same way. There was a thread on here called "Sims 3 Pets Official Crash Thread", but it has disappeared. There were 60 pages of crashing problems on that thread alone.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice. I've tried EVERY solution suggested by anyone or anything I could find. The problem is NOT our computers - it is Pets and/or the latest update.

What I wonder is if they are even working on it, or are they too busy working on new store items, and new expansion packs. I, for one, will not spend another dime until this issue is resolved.

I wonder the same exact thing. I've probably done an uninstall-re-install up to 5 times in the past 3 days. The base game alone I did 7 times, to fix launcher issues too. When I call or live chat, they don't give straight answers. Now, they've never been rude to me, but this is an obvious common problem. Why can't they work on a solution or find someone to help us? Why does it have to be so difficult to help the people who spend hundreds of dollars on the games, and good equipment to run the games? Not another cent will be spent on another game/pack until this is resolved for me too.

"Sometimes you gotta fall before you fly."
Kinseth

Have any of you guys tried Twallan's mods? I not, I suggest downloading and installing ErrorTrap, Overwatch, MasterController, and DebugEnabler.

My game was unplayable before I reinstalled these mods (I switched to a new laptop). Part of the problem is also tied in to neighborhoods, etc. I can't get Appaloosa Plains to stop crashing no matter what, but my other neighborhoods are just fine.

Also, if you're going to use non-store CC, I suggest Grant's rig fixer program as well.
Eppybiz7

Kinseth wrote:Have any of you guys tried Twallan's mods? I not, I suggest downloading and installing ErrorTrap, Overwatch, MasterController, and DebugEnabler.

My game was unplayable before I reinstalled these mods (I switched to a new laptop). Part of the problem is also tied in to neighborhoods, etc. I can't get Appaloosa Plains to stop crashing no matter what, but my other neighborhoods are just fine.

Also, if you're going to use non-store CC, I suggest Grant's rig fixer program as well.

Kinseth, thank you for the suggestion. I have Overwatch, but not the others. Maybe MasterController will help me. I'm almost afraid to try it, though, because I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice already. I don't know if I could face it if I had to do it again! LOL

blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

Do you start the game from the icon on the desktop or from the .exe file placed on the desktop. Along with again adding all the games .exe files to DEP as well as the launcher from the latest released EP/SP, what happens if you right-click on the desktop icon (for whichever way you start your game) and run as administrator?

At my age competence is a turn on!
♥At Work!♥
Trufan1

I'm thinking it has something to do with Appaloosa Plains. I rarely had crashes until installing Pets but I too am effected by this now. My game will randomly crash anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes into gameplay. Never in CAS though, but the second I leave it and go back to the edit town screen it will crash. Even in build mode, the game will crash. It's very frustrating. But it only seems to happen when I play Appaloosa Plain saves. My other neighborhood saves seem fine. It could just be a coincidence, but I can play in other towns without a single crash...then as soon as I switch over to an Appaloosa Plains save *crash*

This is just a thought I'm having, I'm not saying that town is bugged officially...but until I know for sure, I won't be playing there any time soon.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/20/12 07:16 AM

Eppybiz7

blunote00 wrote:Do you start the game from the icon on the desktop or from the .exe file placed on the desktop. Along with again adding all the games .exe files to DEP as well as the launcher from the latest released EP/SP, what happens if you right-click on the desktop icon (for whichever way you start your game) and run as administrator?

I start with the .exe file. I never start from the launcher anymore. But I've given up on Pets for now. I'm not going to install it, only to have to uninstall and reinstall everything AGAIN. Don't think I can go through it! LOL

So I am just going to wait (and wait and wait). Definitely not spending any more money with them until this is fixed.
Kornie69

I must chime in here as well, I have had sims 3 since the start and I didn't have these crash issues at all until a few weeks ago. and only with appaloosa plains just like what someone else mentioned in a previous post. I too am not spending my hard earned money on any other content until we get what we have, working reasonably well, I literally can only play a few minutes before it crashes.
Phil51660

Like some of the other people on this thread, I use Twallan's mods. I use Overwatch and Master Controller. I can't play my game without them.

When the game starts lagging and jerking, I run the Master Controller, and it goes back to running smoothly. If your game is working well and then starts lagging, I think it's because a Sim is stuck and making the game lag. Master Controller fixes this by reseting all the Sims in the town.
rishad262

i get some warning message when i try to "end process"
CandieGuRl34

Same here; my Boy friend just bought me a new computer so i would have better graphics, but when i installed the game on the new computer it updated and all it dose is crash. They need to fix this issue, I was just about to buy the last two expansions i am missing, but now idk if i will just be wasting even more money!! Sims3, late night, generations, pets, ambitions, master suite, online content, and a new computer.... all to not be able to play more than 2 min, if I'm lucky!

I was given the suggestions to turn off processes and turn down graphic settings but that only helped for a couple of days.

Since it is all of us, it isn't my new computer and it isn't the game because it just started.... this is frustrating!!!!
EvermoreRocks

Sims will never be fixed sadly the last update they did stuffed it all up.

It first did it on my mac then I was talked that the mac was not good for sims
Now I use a 2k worth Alienware (for games) and it still crashes

I only have 1 family on the game (recently playing) heaps of memory though it still crashes

Sims is ending, I hate this but i will have to sell all my games
It hurts bc i really enjoy sims.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: