Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Freezing every few seconds  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Clareyfairy

Yeah i've got the same, was fine until i installed Master Suite..

Bored of trying to get it to work, not in the mood to play anymore....

x

Stimpy432

I had this problem a while ago. I had to completely swipe my computer, as the sims 3 was affecting everything on it. I have done this many times now, because it will run fine when I swipe my PC, but then after a few months it will start to mess up and this issue is one that always crops up in my game when it starts to get worse. I hate having to resolve this by swiping my computer because I lose all my progress and it goes away only temporarily.
Since I installed Pets, it's even worse. My game crashes freezes, you name it. It has got a lot better since I updated my driver, but I'm not getting my hopes up that my computer won't ever need swiping again. To be completely honest, Pets is the most buggy game I have ever come across and it really needs to be sorted. It's not even a fun game to play anymore, I spend more time sitting drawing and reading in front of my computer screen waiting for it to load than actually playing the game itself. I don't have Master Suite, and I don't intend to, but I'm now seriously debating whether to get Showtime or not, considering what Pets has done to my game.
All I can suggest is to check your computer has enough space/RAM, your driver is up to date and that your graphics card matches the Sims 3 requirements. I know this may not help everyone as my equipment matches all the requirements and does still not work very well, but if I can help at least some of you it's worth it. Hope I can help.

ShiningForce40

I stopped playing for about a week or two but after switching my household to a new game, I have re-encountered this issue.

My guess is that it's the patch, as well. Before downloading it, in the past, I never encountered this kind of problem before.

And no, it's not my RAM or not having enough memory which would be a likely scenario, understandably. I've still got some ridiculous amount like 300 GB and I can't remember what the RAM count was but I'm sure it's more than sufficient.
LeeLeeAnne

I am having the same issue. I just purchased a new computer 2 weeks ago and have no CC. My old comp used to play just fine. I put all my games on (world adventures and loft stuff) game played ok for a bit. Then after a few times loading it I couldnt travel to China. It would freeze every few seconds. But will be fine when I go back home. I double checked all my settings and game requirements and they all meet or exceed what is outlined. I make sure I go in and shut everything down, nothing running in the background and have not loaded anything on my new comp as of yet. HD is still clean other than my sims.
I am now missing my Download manager and get error messages about it as soon as I try to load the game. I am beyond frusturated!!!
You can do better than this EA!!

Talizmyn

Same issue since November. EA took until January to reply to my email, and after going over ways for me to fix it (all things I tried on my own) CLOSED my case, without a resolution, just a few days ago.

Once I installed Pets, it all went downhill. One Representative told me to UNINSTALL Pets, which leads me to believe the expansion is faulty. And EA knows it. They just don't care about you, or about me. I'd say we should all demand refunds for being sold a shoddy product.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/17/12 02:04 AM

wfriedman

We have this same problem too! We just upgraded our catalyst video drivers and it didn't help, nor did turning down the graphics settings.
shampains

I'm glad that I'm not the only one having this problem with my game.

I can still play the game, but after a while the Sims keep freezing, usually when I want them to do a new task, such as talk on their phone or go somewhere. It must be a bug with the game, I just hope that they release a patch which will fix it.
Aliyaki

having the same problem, right after the update today. Quite annoying.
encupcake

I have exactly the same problem! On two of my households the game freezes every 5-10 seconds on live mode but sounds, water and the simble above sims' heads keep moving. I haven't uploaded any expansion packs and the most recent patch I uploaded was weeks ago (my problem only started at the weekend). So far my knew households haven't had any problems but I am worried about them all going bust - please help!
ftchflcn2004

its happening to me as well, Please help fix this problem, its getting annoying
MiyuEmi

Someone is stuck. That's basically it. With Generations and the corresponding patch, they messed up the pathing in the game and as said above, this is most pronounced in China. You can't even walk through some of the tombs without getting your sim giving you a routing error and tantrum when there's obviously nothing in there way.

The only way to fix it is to pause the game and find someone stuck somewhere they shouldn't be. If you have the Master Controller, you can reset everyone in your town. Generally look out for Generations built houses or other houses made by EA with fencing around and near the front door (the Doll House is a disaster). Just look for sims that are just standing around doing nothing, make note of where they are and check back there. In China the Hot Springs and other areas like this are prime suspects as well as, strangely in my game at least, the Pei family. Once I reset the entirety of them, I would get a move with my game for a while.

It's basically pathing and routing errors that haven't been fixed in any patch since Generations.

kimberla

Until I installed the update I had rather fortunately avoided this. Everything was running fine, but now after about 30 minutes to 60 minutes of playing I will get my first freeze (character and mouse interaction only). As stated in the original post, other stuff keeps going.

My freezes get closer and closer together until after 2 hours I have to re-start.

Having been a Games Designer for a while, and winning a BAFTA (Check out GRiD designer credits, I am Andy (Andrew) Kimberley) I can say with no hesitation that this is a memory leak or similar, perhaps exposed by new code in Master Suite, Pets, or the latest update.

I honestly wouldn't bother fiddling with your PC's, etc. It is clearly a Sims 3 problem. Hang tight, re-start after every couple of hours (like I have to) and fingers crossed the dev studios at EA will have a fix sooner rather than later.

Hope this helps,

Andy
SimsAddiction968

I'm having the same problem. Everything stops but the spinning plumbob, water running, stereo, I still have sound but not a sim moves. Can't select anything.
AmaraHope

Having the same problem, took CC completely out, and still having it freeze every 30 to 90 seconds. gosh this is very annoying. hope it gets fixed soon.
Poppi33

Same problem here. I bought the game 3 or 4 days ago through Steam and it is almost the only thing on a brand new computer.

It's very annoying and I am really hoping it is fixed soon. It freezes every few seconds no matter what I do. I don't have any expansion packs either.

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: