Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Is anyone else taking screen shots of your SimPoint total?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
MrHawk

Zeek, what's the massive update that's coming. Am I missing something?

ZeekSlider

MrHawk wrote:Zeek, what's the massive update that's coming. Am I missing something?
It's a massive site redesign to introduce the social features being installed into the base game (achievements, chat, walls, etc.). There's a lot of risk for data to be lost in the process, so I'm documenting my Store SimPoint total just in case after the site comes back, my balance is at zero.

Like my post? Buy something off my wishlist as a thank you!
http://tinyurl.com/TS3Store-ZeekWishlist
MrHawk

Sounds wise. I think I'll do the same. Cheers.

MrHawk

Curse you Liam, and all of the Liams.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/26/12 02:56 PM

SoupahReo

I came online, checked the DD and I then checked my balance and saw that it was 0!! It scared the life out of me, I logged out and then back in and I have my SimPoints back. I saw the title of this thread and thought others had the same problem, they don't, but now it has me worried again.

I could spend what points I have before the site change, but I very rarely get points and I was holding onto these for as long a I can, until I can't resist buying. So I am going to take the risk and keep my points. But I will backup my downloads, I did before but that was a while ago, I got more since then.

I also hate this social site change, most people on here don't even want it.
crinrict

Na, Zeek, you're not paranoid. I recommend it in my blog post about the changes as well.

http://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2012/02/showtime-a-patch-and-my-pa
ge.html

kransper

Location:in order of likelyhood: My Page, Facebook, Pinterest, Sunset Valley, Skyrim, reality...

ZeekSlider wrote:
veganzombeh wrote:
ZeekSlider wrote:With such a massive site overhaul coming up, am I the only one paranoid enough to take a screen shot of how many SimPoints I still have left in my account?

I already back up everything I download, so I'm not worried about losing store content I paid for (outside of the game itself taking it away from me *cough*BauHausFence*cough*), and I'll probably re-write all the lost text on the MyPage area as a result of the redesign.

But still, am I alone in this?

That won't help, you'll need more evidence than a screenshot as screenshots are easily editted.
What about a screen shot of my billing history, which what I also took last night, that shows order numbers, amounts paid, methods of payment, and time of purchase?

You can't edit that.

not that I think either way it will do a lot of good, but if you want something try it on page 1 of your purchase history, so they could see you hadn't spent those points

Help! I'm trapped in a siggy box and can't get out!
ZeekSlider

kransper wrote:
ZeekSlider wrote:
veganzombeh wrote:
That won't help, you'll need more evidence than a screenshot as screenshots are easily editted.
What about a screen shot of my billing history, which what I also took last night, that shows order numbers, amounts paid, methods of payment, and time of purchase?

You can't edit that.

not that I think either way it will do a lot of good, but if you want something try it on page 1 of your purchase history, so they could see you hadn't spent those points
The last item that's in my Purchase History was a gift, so I don't know how well that will work in showing that I haven't bought anything with those points. But I'll do that all the same. In fact, I'll do that right now.

Like my post? Buy something off my wishlist as a thank you!
http://tinyurl.com/TS3Store-ZeekWishlist
blewis823

Well, since you made this post, I have made a quick screenshot. Thanks Zeek!

The Sims 4? Are you sure?!

Milliebon

crinrict,

I read your blog about saving your download files to an external drive. I know where my download folder is but I am not sure how to save it. So could you tell me exactly what I need. Is it possible to save it to a cd? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Thanks in advance.
BettySwollux

OP your not paranoid just sensible. It makes sense to safeguard yourself if you've spent money on any product in the event something goes belly up.

I think really there should be an announcement reminding folks about the value of regular backups if they run a large install.

I would strongly urge each and every one of you that does not already do this (out of habit) to backup everything you have downloaded from the store, too

Even if you aren't buying showtime, theres still going to be updates to the basegame because all fixes to EP's get patched into that now.
Obviously as the OP stated, there are store updates coming too, and its best to be safe than sorry especially if you own loads

C:\Users\username\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\
(replace username with whatever your folders called)

You can either just pick out the bits you want to save, like Downloads, Saves, Savedsims, Mods, etcor simply backup the entire thing and pick what you want later.

Alternatively just read that guys blog, its all common sense!

happy simming

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/26/12 06:05 PM

angeldollxx

i did do this! and then i spent it all lol but i took it of my ea point balance as well
thesimling

Scared for this update.... thanks for the advice

lillyanna12

Me to, I'm scared for the update as well because if I lose all my store items I think I might cry. Although, I'm sure if all my stuff did go I would ring up EA and demand it all back! Also a bit scared because listening to Death of Titanic and it is just the perfect song for all this talk!

Thank god it's now over!
crinrict

Milliebon wrote:crinrict,

I read your blog about saving your download files to an external drive. I know where my download folder is but I am not sure how to save it. So could you tell me exactly what I need. Is it possible to save it to a cd? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can burn them on a CD as well if you like. Otherwise just make a copy of the files to either a drive you have connected to your computer, a flash drive or even just a different place on your hard disk (not as safe in case the hard disk breaks).

Post Reply Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: