Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Showtime Bugs  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
LadyDelphinea

My sim is an acrobat and she had a big time gig. I sent her to the location and clicked set up the stage. The moment she went to do that she was sent back home! I tried again and it happened again so I exited the game and reloaded. I tried again and same thing happened. Really frustrating!!!
waukesha

Ever since I installed showtime, nothing has gone right. Now we I come to the launcher screen, it shows I am logged in. Then when I start up the game, it says "Network Error, you are not logged in, and if you continue, you do not have full access to extra stuff. It also says go back to the launcher and update the game, then my game says up to date. I am fully upset by all of this, I cannot even enjoy all the simporting and features because it says I am not logged in.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, also uninstalling and reinstalling origin. Nothing has worked.

What is EA going to do about this problem and is anyone else having the issue about logging in?
cadorno12

I figured out how to fix the whole cell phone not working bug. I simply went to edit town and moved my family to the clipboard with house. Then knocked down the house that remained on the lot and move my family from the clipboard back to the now empty lot...
Shifting_Shadows

cadorno12 wrote:I figured out how to fix the whole cell phone not working bug. I simply went to edit town and moved my family to the clipboard with house. Then knocked down the house that remained on the lot and move my family from the clipboard back to the now empty lot...

Permanent or Temporary? I tried moving my simette, it worked but only for 24 sim hours then it glitched again and I also lost all my steady gigs. I'll try your trick but if it does it again I'll just write the game off as unplayable

P.S. If you can't set up a stage try using the moveobjects debug there is likely an invisible object of stage oval in shape you can see the shadow in this mode and remove it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/12 11:14 AM

heyblinken

I have had the same issues with my singer, cannot use custom costumes, cannot perform gigs unless she changes into costume first. So I got her a different job (Music Career), and now she is not able to go to a regular job; changed her back to singer career and now she cannot perform any of the singer job functions. Any time I click on perform job, the action disappears, the same thing happens when I click on go to work, action disappears. And when I try to plan outfit, the CAS screen never loads. Had to kick her out of my house and let her live on her own as NPC from now on. Too bad too, she was an awesome performer
Shananasims

I have a lot of the issues posted above, plus one extra:

two sisters suddenly had the "partner" graphic on the family tree. And it looked like they were dating.

The game was fine one day, the next this showed up right after starting it up. I saw the sticky thread that gave tips to help "unable to wed". These did not work, I do not have mods, I just reinstalled the game before I added Showtime.

Hoping for a patch soon. Sigh.
Shifting_Shadows

Shananasims wrote:

two sisters suddenly had the "partner" graphic on the family tree. And it looked like they were dating.

I've had that glitch too but I assumed it was another glitch that caused it:

lost my career uniform so I moved out and reselected the family:
Husband and wife now not married on the family tree, a few days later their boyfriend and girlfriend; thought it was cosmetic so I ignored it. Moved the twins out to live together downtown, now the twins are also boyfriend and girlfriend.

sad thing is that the game was working more or less fine first patch after town life but now they've broke it again
Sillymehe

Great! People seem to be using the thread keeping it on the top! Hopefully EA reads through these bugs

I've aquired new bugs.. The bugs I hate the most. The "sims disappearing" bug.

First the father of the family disappeared. His "square" is still there but it's unclickable and he is not reset'ed when I try to reset him.

I tried travelling "abroad" to see if he might load properly at the kids return but no, the father disappeared from the family alltogether (even though still alive in the family tree). Also the youngest daughter disappeared from the family but came home with them. While shifting through the sims with the space bar she's unavailable but when I right cliked her I could control her..

Now after freeing the genie my sims suddenly go invisible. While using the testingcheats I can teleport them making them visible only for a little while before going completely invisible. Also the genie glitches with invisibility and even the maid.

I didn't have these major bugs before the last patch..

Why EA WHY does people not demand more from you? I mean Mass Effect 3 had a cruddy ending and the users are in a riot! How come we sim players get so much bugs and so little comfort from you.. Releasing broken games is really, REALLY friggin low.. Not to mention releasing patches that basically scroos up the game.. My save is now broken.. AGAIN - I lost 4 Legacies from all the stupid glitches I got with generations

Shifting_Shadows

cadorno12 wrote:I figured out how to fix the whole cell phone not working bug. I simply went to edit town and moved my family to the clipboard with house. Then knocked down the house that remained on the lot and move my family from the clipboard back to the now empty lot...

It seem to work though at the steep price of losing all family, friends and steady gigs.

Just encountered the resetting stage glitch, happened during simfest; it looked like I smoked the competition then the stage reset at the end of the next act. Needless to say the act was canceled and now my gigs reset rather than end = automatic failure to show.

Sillymehe wrote:Why EA WHY

two words Recession and Minecraft; Minecraft proved that people ARE stupid enough to buy an incomplete game and the Recession means that companies are more likely to throw ethics out the window for a quick buck.

On the bright side Will was bold enough to have a simature of himself put in the latest world so while we wait for patch 1.34 we can earn our brawler badges
Sillymehe

Shifting_Shadows wrote:
two words Recession and Minecraft; Minecraft proved that people ARE stupid enough to buy an incomplete game and the Recession means that companies are more likely to throw ethics out the window for a quick buck.

On the bright side Will was bold enough to have a simature of himself put in the latest world so while we wait for patch 1.34 we can earn our brawler badges

This is painfully true x( I mean, I bought it.. As usual.. And I'm mid 20'ies something.. I should know better

haha yeah - bring on the brawls lol

Nibby_Noo

I have no mods installed but have all Expansions Packs and Stuff Packs and Showtimed Limited Edition. My Sim has the Singer Career and up until the latest patch from EA was unable to play or cancel Steady Gigs and the DJ Booth kept disappearing from the inventory after playing a gig.

However since the patch, installed via the Launcher, it has got worse:-
- MP3 Player switched on and I cannot switch it off. I didn't switch it on and it is annoying
- My other Sim is just a square so no picture
- Game freezes
- The skintone of other Sims in the town has gone black
- Steady Gigs still do not work
- Music appears to be playing in my Sims house but there is nothing switched on

This is the worst experience I have ever had with an Expansion Pack. Hopefully EA will sort it quickly as the game is unplayable in its current state
Sillymehe

Agreed.. Well.. My game practically broke after Adventures and wasn't fixed until SEVERAL EP's had been released.. With new bugs ofc.

New bug btw - My sim suddenly can not sleep in her bed. I've sold the bed, tried single bed, bunk med and double bed.. Alas she can only rest in her sleepin bag... Hvan't even travelled aborad or shipped her with simport yet..

phantomphantastic

My sim has a lifetime wish of being a singer, yet the singer career can't be found anywhere in the jobs or professions...it's like the career doesn't exist! and it's really annoying because I don't want to change his lifetime wish. I just updated the game though so hopefully that will fix the problem!
LadyVampiress

Location:In the graveyard , looking at my latest Victim.. (RIP) dear

here are few of my.

1,Satellite Speaker conflicts with custom music, either you loose sound or crash to desktop.

2,Buck & Chuck Bronco fails you 90% of the time, after 189 tries -5 in a row was completed ,achievements badge was never given.

3,My Evil (Emperor of Evil) Sim served 20 great Cookies, it too never gotten achievements badge.

4,Unique Fireflies Found & Collected, after completing this challenged it showed, all fireflies complete with the little star next to it,but, in the Statistic part shows 12% not 100% if you move to a new hood..

5,Handiness -Statistic & challenge still showing all upgrades complete ..at 97% same for Fishing..

that's a few of them I wrote down..I too having the same problem as above have posted..Singer, ect,ect..not alone, I still haven't gotten my 100 shared memory badge either.my game says I'm sharing 120 memory and 2 Custom under Memory Statistics tab..I do see the badge there just not on my badge page.. Game randomly Freezing up too 3 mins..so on,so on..ugh let me stop here..

I am patch up too 1.33..
ShopiStar

Here's one glitch I have. Not sure if it's a glitch or not, though.

When I got Showtime, I started a new save game in Bridgeport. I was happy that some of the venues from Showtime appeared there.

Well, the thing is that whenever there's a SimFest, it never starts. People just stand there clapping and cheering for hours, without anything happening on stage. And the propietor seems to be stuck in his place. Tried making a sim calling him over near the stage, but the action gets cancelled instantly and he goes back to his spot.

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: