Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Is anyone elses game freezing/lagging?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
XKidsInLoveX

extremeasaur wrote:i've just uninstalled all the games again and am about to reinstall everything again...I am so angry.

-hugs- i hope everything goes well for you. are you going to be reinstalling showtime?

artlove1

My game has been lagging and force closing since i installed Pets back in January. I thought it was just me, even all the patches havent helped.

I love the Sims but I hate the constant freezing!
extremeasaur

XKidsInLoveX wrote:
extremeasaur wrote:i've just uninstalled all the games again and am about to reinstall everything again...I am so angry.

-hugs- i hope everything goes well for you. are you going to be reinstalling showtime?

thanks for the hug. I've got about $1,000 into this game.

i hate the idea that I can't just play. I am going to install ShowTime, I paid for it and I want to play it.
XKidsInLoveX

extremeasaur wrote:
XKidsInLoveX wrote:

thanks for the hug. I've got about $1,000 into this game.

i hate the idea that I can't just play. I am going to install ShowTime, I paid for it and I want to play it.

will doesnt the disk have the patch in it?

XKidsInLoveX

artlove1 wrote:
My game has been lagging and force closing since i installed Pets back in January. I thought it was just me, even all the patches havent helped.

I love the Sims but I hate the constant freezing!

i hate it too its depressing ugh. Its soo hard to play with the dang freezing

KirbyAndKat

Location:CURRENTLY ON AN INDEFINITE HIATUS FROM THESE FORUMS

Noo!

I'm about to install Showtime this afternoon and I hope these issues don't occur. But, we have to disable CC before updating? Can we re-enable it later?

Hibernating. ON A LONG HIATUS FROM THESE FORUMS DUE TO HEALTH ISSUES.

Find me on Carl's Sims 3 Forums or MyPage. -K&K(=
extremeasaur

the discs don't have the patches but you get the prompt to patch if you launch the game after every install.

i generally wait until the end, but this time I want to test the game as I go and get all the Sims CC from the store loaded earlier in the re-install process.

then I can ensure that at least all that stuff is working early on instead of waisting an entire day loading it all and then it screws up again.

I am seriously considering moving the entire game to another computer.
XKidsInLoveX

extremeasaur wrote:the discs don't have the patches but you get the prompt to patch if you launch the game after every install.

i generally wait until the end, but this time I want to test the game as I go and get all the Sims CC from the store loaded earlier in the re-install process.

then I can ensure that at least all that stuff is working early on instead of waisting an entire day loading it all and then it screws up again.

I am seriously considering moving the entire game to another computer.

well would you mind letting me know how the game runs without patch 1.32? And god i hope this gets sorted out for you soon

XKidsInLoveX

KirbyAndKat wrote:Noo!

I'm about to install Showtime this afternoon and I hope these issues don't occur. But, we have to disable CC before updating? Can we re-enable it later?

you just have to update without it, move your mods folder and downloads folder to your desktop, then update and put it back, make sure all of your mods are updated before you play again though

extremeasaur

XKidsInLoveX wrote:

you just have to update without it, move your mods folder and downloads folder to your desktop, then update and put it back, make sure all of your mods are updated before you play again though

I will have to set up the Mods folder again when I'm done and I think I made a real mess of this when I installed the Resource.cfg.

does it go in the Mod folder along with the Packages folder or does it go IN the Packages folder?
XKidsInLoveX

extremeasaur wrote:
XKidsInLoveX wrote:

I will have to set up the Mods folder again when I'm done and I think I made a real mess of this when I installed the Resource.cfg.

does it go in the Mod folder along with the Packages folder or does it go IN the Packages folder?

mine is in the mods folder, not the packages folder. ive never had to update my resource.cgf file, ive always used the same one since 2009 ha

To7m

extremeasaur wrote:
XKidsInLoveX wrote:

it goes in the mods folder, not the packages folder
extremeasaur

To7m wrote: it goes in the mods folder, not the packages folder

when I finally get all the disc back in I will place it in the Mods folder - thanks again everyone.

Disc 1 is almost loaded.
Writin_Reg

Well you removed the mods, but did not uninstall your CC. You have apparently been lucky this has not happened to you before if you think removing the downloads folder uninstalls the content from the game. It doesn't. It is just a folder to hold sims3pack until it is installed. Once the content is installed you can delete all that stuff in the downloads folder as it is in your game. You have to use the launcher, under installed content to uninstall all Sims 3 packs - and yes one at a time and it is mixed in with all the regular and store content as well. CC is not easy to uninstall and because of this and the fact it can corrupt the game when you update if not removed - although it doesn't always corrupt - it can - I won't use CC because it's too darn hard to remove and add back in with every update. Nothing is worth that much work and now you need to do a complete manual uninstall/ reinstall and clean your registry to fix it - or keep lagging until it doesn't play anymore unfortunately.

A reset of the folder and using CC cleaner might help, but not sure if it will fix it, and you will still need to uninstall that content.

I do know there are several hairs that were a problem with Showtime and a few outfits, but which ones I have no clue as I quit following that kind of info seeing I don't use CC at all. I just saw several posts here and there regarding them and have no clue if anything else is uncompatiable. It was not in this forum though where I saw that - it might have been the Showtime forum a few days ago.

But not following EA's instruction for their patches is sooner or later going to bite you where the sun doesn't shine. I know, I got bit a few times before I gave up on CC - way back in the early stage of Sims three.

I can attest without CC or mods there is no problem at all on my pc - but then I knew that back in January when I beta tested the game.

ETA if any of you are crashing, in particular if you have Pets too, and you have not applied your games to the DEP exception, you may want to do that and it will stop the crashing. But lagging and freezing is definitely caused by some form or corruption or incompatiability between something in your game or corruption of the game.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/10/12 07:35 PM

Simasaurus09

I have not updated my game yet still because of all the issues.. I was thinking of maybe today taking all my CC and 1 mod out then doing a cache clean as well as a CC clean before updating my game and putting things back in after updating them BUT NOW... It seems that might not protect me. Awesome... o.- Can we ever just patch issue free?

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: