Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Continuous short freezes.  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Liz865

I've had this problem many times. What I do is SAVE AS every time something big happens. I think it's the corrupted saved files. Try to load a new game and see if it changes. Whenever that happens to me, i revert back to a previously saved version and it works just fine. i also try to reset, pause, wait, and i have twallan's overwatch....just SAVE AS and delete as you go. pain in the butt but it's better than nothing
valerika84

I have the same freezing problems...It's definitely these latest patches because it all has started as I installed them...
Bronwin2

I seem to have the same problem, but I have had it since patch 1.26 and Pets.

One thing has improved in that lately I have not had a total freeze that makes me reboot.

I am sure that there is something in the code because a lot of players have much better computers than mine and have this problem.

corneliabyrne

Jackie22 wrote:No, none of those were relevant to me at all.
Could it be bad store content? I have downloaded so much store content and It's a fresh install...

Please, anybody?

The stalling and freezing came to everyone along with Showtime expansion. I am experiencing it and popular Let's Players on YouTube are experiencing it. So if you have Showtime then there's nothing you can really do. We just all have to wait for next game update Or it could be the patch which means again there's nothing you can really do except to wait for another update or patch

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/17/12 11:53 AM

corneliabyrne

meganjericho wrote:I'm also getting this. I updated the game today and since then it's been freezing especially when I try to click from fast forward to normal speed.

Totally same here and it's driving me CRAZY!
corneliabyrne

Gemmaprocter wrote:i also have the same problem but i have no cc installed and my game wont connect to internet

Do you mean that when you start the game and the launcher opens then it comes up with notification saying Cannot connect to Origin or smth like that? Coz I'm having same problem and it's insane. Have you found the solution yet?
Hawkflight1066

I have only the base game, all but one stuff pack, two purchased worlds and some store downloads. NO eps, NO mods, NO CC. My game is fully patched.

I have been experiencing freezing ever since I began to play an EA family in Hidden Springs. NOTE I did NOT get any freezing when I installed Hidden Springs - I know this because I continued to play Barnacle Bay for a week without problems before beginning to play Hidden Springs. Immediately I experienced freezing.

It coincides with the arrival of the maid, the departure of sims to school/work, and the posting of messages about achievements etc. Clearly the game can't handle its own software any longer. The more sims in the house, the more interactions going on, the worse the freezing. And as I say the problem did NOT coincide with the download and installation of Hidden Springs - it began only when I actually started to play this neighbourhood. Programming errors? I don't think it's my pc. I think it's EA's programmers getting it wrong.

A Genuine English Eccentric
Also appearing at
http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Guid_Morrow_Club
Jackie22

Still having the issue, EA get your **** act together.
I wanna play with my Sims.
xxflauntxitxx

Hey

I believe it's everyone who has updated to the most recent version that is experiencing crashing and freezing during game play.

I guess we will have to wait for EA etc to fix this error and provide a new update that don't cause these problems !!

My advice, un-install and re-install your base game and once completed, DO NOT update. This has worked for me and the freezing etc has stopped.

Ashleyjim09

it has happen to mine also but my game also quits on me i have tryed everything so idk how to fix it my intel n directX is up to date and i have lots of space left on my computer i have tryed everything can some one help me too
TonyACT

Jackie22 wrote:Hey Simmers,

After updating to the latest patch every couple of Sim hours the game will stall and freeze for 3 or more seconds then resume; Sometimes it can be longer.

The only installed content I have is from The Sims 3 Store. I tried doing a fresh install, fresh update and re-installing my Store Content but I'm still experiencing the stalling/freezing.

Anyone else experiencing this?
- Jackie22.

Same here as of today - only have store content and the first 2 xpacs / 1 stuff pack. I reinstalled recently and have been adding in the xpacs slowly as if they were all new.
Jackie22

4 Weeks later and still no fix or even acknowledgement from EA that there even is an issue.

Not a happy Simmer.
I'm losing faith in you EA.
Jackie22

EA, please for goodness sake admit this is a problem you're looking into so we can at least know you're being somewhat competent with your customer service okay?

We want to play the product we payed for.
We can't..

We're angry.
shan_26

Hi I was having the same problems until I started using CC magic. I went from almost 20 mins of load time, choppy laggy unplayable games to now my game loads in 1 min. I would'nt be posting this if it didnt work .

My computer:i5 2400, 8gb of ram, gtx 560 superclocked graphics, WD 500 gb hDD 7200 rpm, more than enough to run the game. What I did was download and use a player made program called CC magic:

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=461888

Jackie22

Let me make this abundantly clear.

I am not freezing because of Custom Content, my computers system requirements and settings, my the state of my neighbourhood or anything like that.

I (along with everyone else) have been experiencing freezes every 10 minutes (Sim time) in which our sims freeze in place for a number of seconds while everything else seems to still be animating (plumbobs spin, Zzz's move).
We've been having this issue since 1.3.1 and it has NOT been fixed.

EA have yet to acknowledge the issue and it's starting to enrage me.
Are we going to go months without a fix, are we going to ever get a fix?
A little accountability on EA's behalf would be nice.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: