Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
A change of Heart <3  XML
Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
TINA180

Curliest wrote:I think a lot of the kickers and screamers will say nay. I mean, we're upset about the SP that's why we're complaining, it wouldn't make sense to complain and then turn around and buy it. The way I can see myself obtaining this is if some CC requires it.

Yeah the pictures are beautiful, but to go out and buy this just to put some candy themed items in my game that won't be nearly as beautiful because I have an older PC is a complete waste. It's upsetting because there's very little diversity and uses for normal people.

I think alot of them will say Nay too.. I was one of them a couple weeks ago! So I can relate to the Nay Feeling! & By no means is this SP out of hot water to me, I still have negative views.. But given the fact there's still 2months before it arrives, some ppl "May" change their opinions & that makes sense..

Now as far as CC goes, I agree. I like CC & I've seen some CC items that would go well with this SP already.

I also agree that there is little diversity & could easily become boring for some but creative minds will be in full force.. I've seen beautiful things made from Crap!..

Sn: The PC issue I'm sorry that it's old & A waste. I can only Imagine

GabbyGirlJ

When I first saw it I think I was just kind of overwhelmed by it. It's so sugary and bright and unlike anything else that I have in my game. I went on to say in a few posts that I would probably get it, but I wasn't sure how much I'd use some of the objects. However, the more I see of it, the more it grows on me. I like several of the things I've seen in the renders.

I used to play with a lot of fun, fantasy themed items in TS1 and 2 because I had downloaded tons of custom content (faery wings, stuff like that. I even remember finding a Candyland/Gingerbread themed set for TS1 long ago that I used to create a winter vacation spot). But with TS3, now I'm older and I have a "serious" job, so my attitude and my reasons for playing the Sims have changed. Plus I've stopped using CC in my game, so my families and homes are much more realistic than they used to be. I started to think, maybe I've gotten into a rut. Maybe my game could use a little more fantasy. So, now I'm definitely seeing this SP in a more positive light.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/04/12 04:16 PM

"You're not as bad as everyone says you are."
Ceres_Meiriona

For me personally, I don't really care for it. I never got ugly over it, because it's a stuff pack, and to be truly honest, it's keeping with the light hearted atmosphere that EA has always tried to keep in the game. Plus, how can you be angry when looking at cupcake bra's.. like seriously, who can look at that clothing and not crack up laughing.

Remember the fruit hat from the Sims? (laughs thinking about it) It has always seemed to me, my own opinion of course, that the Sims in general was about simulating real life in an entirely fantastical and out of this world way. Outrageous clothes, outrageous lifestyles, outrageous adventures! It's supposed to this crazy fantasy adventure that you make for yourself, and I do think that ridiculous themed store content and SP's help us remember that.

I don't care for it enough to pay full price, but when it goes on sale in the future I'll add it to my collection. It will have its uses. Especially if they ever give us Seasons, it will be prefect for Christmas!

TINA180

GabbyGirlJ wrote:When I first saw it I think I was just kind of overwhelmed by it. It's so sugary and bright and unlike anything else that I have in my game. I went on to say in a few posts that I would probably get it, but I wasn't sure how much I'd use some of the objects. However, the more I see of it, the more it grows on me. I like several of the things I've seen in the renders.

I used to play with a lot of fun, fantasy themed items in TS1 and 2 because I had downloaded tons of custom content (faery wings, stuff like that. I even remember finding a Candyland/Gingerbread themed set for TS1 long ago that I used to create a winter vacation spot). But with TS3, now I'm older and I have a "serious" job, so my attitude and my reasons for playing the Sims have changed. Plus I've stopped using CC in my game, so my families and homes are much more realistic than they used to be. I started to think, maybe I've gotten into a rut. Maybe my game could use a little more fantasy. So, now I'm definitely seeing this SP in a more positive light.

Awh.. Well when I first saw it, I was overwhelmed too. I felt I couldn't connect this stuff with anything in my game. As I thought about it.. I'm nowhere near creative but I have friends that are.

I agree it's growing on me too Lol.. I have a "serious" Job as well, I am a Pediatric Assistant Manager & Accounts Rep. I know my position has changed my attitude to be more Understanding & Tolerating, Especially with children. I don't Incorporate any of my work with my game play, But I can definitely use a little more fantasy as well

I stopped using CC furniture & Deco majorly when Pets was released.. That EP broke it all..I'm right back at it now that CC may just save this SP!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/04/12 06:01 PM

TINA180

Ceres_Meiriona wrote:For me personally, I don't really care for it. I never got ugly over it, because it's a stuff pack, and to be truly honest, it's keeping with the light hearted atmosphere that EA has always tried to keep in the game. Plus, how can you be angry when looking at cupcake bra's.. like seriously, who can look at that clothing and not crack up laughing.

Remember the fruit hat from the Sims? (laughs thinking about it) It has always seemed to me, my own opinion of course, that the Sims in general was about simulating real life in an entirely fantastical and out of this world way. Outrageous clothes, outrageous lifestyles, outrageous adventures! It's supposed to this crazy fantasy adventure that you make for yourself, and I do think that ridiculous themed store content and SP's help us remember that.

I don't care for it enough to pay full price, but when it goes on sale in the future I'll add it to my collection. It will have its uses. Especially if they ever give us Seasons, it will be prefect for Christmas!

Oh I got ugly over it & Still kept laughing.. Lol I was never "Mad" tho. This pack will come to pass & It didn't take me long to realize that. Now I agree some things EA incorporate are outrageous & shockingly bad! Yet they remain available for when ppl decide they want something new & "Out of the Ordinary".. Perfectly when the Price is right & their current game play has taken it's course..

Sn: I will get it on sale too & Fingers crossed for Seasons!..

julienrob2004

First impression it was too sickly sweet for me

Then the more i found out the less i wanted it

Then found out it is the same price as an EP for nothing much more than an SP, SO a definite no from me now and after seeing a load of pictures i will not even want it when the price is lowered when it hits the bargain bins

SMILE . You may not realise how bad everything is. But it sure annoys all the grumpy people and makes you feel better .
TINA180

julienrob2004 wrote:First impression it was too sickly sweet for me

Then the more i found out the less i wanted it

Then found out it is the same price as an EP for nothing much more than an SP, SO a definite no from me now and after seeing a load of pictures i will not even want it when the price is lowered when it hits the bargain bins

Can't say I blame you..

TheMomminator

It's not something I'm going to spend money on but for the sake of truth in advertising, I only own two stuff packs. I usually pass on them and just buy things from the store that appeal to me.

I appreciate the variety though. I think some of the very creative builder/designers will grab it and run with it.
TINA180

TheMomminator wrote:It's not something I'm going to spend money on but for the sake of truth in advertising, I only own two stuff packs. I usually pass on them and just buy things from the store that appeal to me.

I appreciate the variety though. I think some of the very creative builder/designers will grab it and run with it.

I would have preferred this stuff came from the Store. That way other Ideas could be Implemented for stuff players really wanted.. & I appreciate the variety too, The Price I do not appreciate at all! Lol

The creative people got their eyes on this one, Just look what Joolster did..
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5509862

EA eat your heart out! Lol

mosneakers

NOOOOO Tina! Say it isn't so!

*sigh* I still love you the same, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not hoping for you to change your mind again!

TINA180

mosneakers wrote:NOOOOO Tina! Say it isn't so!

*sigh* I still love you the same, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not hoping for you to change your mind again!

Lol..Love you back Mo* <3<3

I don't have my mind made up just yet but I still need you around to pinch me & tell me to snap out of it... I don't like anything but the clothes.. I guess that's not enough reason to pay a high price for is it?.. I don't want to pay that much just to enjoy the clothes..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/06/12 03:01 AM

yoshi_dragur2012

Rinoa666Angel wrote:Didn't they announce this like....today.You change your mind like day and night don't you
TINA180

yoshi_dragur2012 wrote:
Rinoa666Angel wrote:Didn't they announce this like....today.You change your mind like day and night don't you

.. Yeah obviously she didn't get the memo as early as I did..
DulceHoney

Curliest wrote:I think a lot of the kickers and screamers will say nay. I mean, we're upset about the SP that's why we're complaining, it wouldn't make sense to complain and then turn around and buy it. The way I can see myself obtaining this is if some CC requires it.

Yeah the pictures are beautiful, but to go out and buy this just to put some candy themed items in my game that won't be nearly as beautiful because I have an older PC is a complete waste. It's upsetting because there's very little diversity and uses for normal people.

Do you still make custom avatars??

As for the rest of this thread: I never hated the SP, I just hated that they give us all this sweet stuff and no sweets shop No edigle "Sweet Treats." I think that was a dumb thing to do. lol. There's barely any candy in the game, and my sims would have loved to have a candy shop or ice cream parlor.

I think, if this SP goes on sale somewhere, like Townlife did (I got it for under $10!), I will get it though. Or, even better, if it comes free with the next EP lol.
IamRoccoKitty

It's not change your mind like day and night, it's

"First your Hot then your cold"

couldn't resist, I mean this is a Katy Perry themed SP!

Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: