Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
National Poetry Month Mini Contest Day 8: Memory  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
thesimling

It was from around five years ago, but in winter (not April) - but I'm from the UK It's sort of a jumbling of memories - the first couple of verses are from being older and the rest is from when I was really young.

I loved being small because more times than not the snow was "Knee-Deep" (hence the name of the poem).

Zulie234

thesimling wrote:It was from around five years ago, but in winter (not April) - but I'm from the UK It's sort of a jumbling of memories - the first couple of verses are from being older and the rest is from when I was really young.

I loved being small because more times than not the snow was "Knee-Deep" (hence the name of the poem).

Yea, I remember when that was the way it was! Yu should have seen the blizzard in April, everybody started freaking out, except for us kids who had already started a snowball fight I loved your poem, I though that the mid winter was a metaphor but poems are meant to be thought of in different ways according to the readers life. I really enjoyed it!

thesimling

Zulie234 wrote:
thesimling wrote:It was from around five years ago, but in winter (not April) - but I'm from the UK It's sort of a jumbling of memories - the first couple of verses are from being older and the rest is from when I was really young.

Yea, I remember when that was the way it was! Yu should have seen the blizzard in April, everybody started freaking out, except for us kids who had already started a snowball fight I loved your poem, I though that the mid winter was a metaphor but poems are meant to be thought of in different ways according to the readers life. I really enjoyed it!

Snow is hilarious. Just last year at my school we had to go home early (around three times!!) because of the amount of snow. Also stopped our exams for a whole week (AMEN)

Zulie234

thesimling wrote:
Zulie234 wrote:

Snow is hilarious. Just last year at my school we had to go home early (around three times!!) because of the amount of snow. Also stopped our exams for a whole week (AMEN)

Best. Snow story. EVAR! (and yes, that IS the old meme!)

stikystuff

has this one finished? I get a bit confused with the time/date differences. Ah well if not. About 6 years ago I was homeless this kinda sums up how I was feeling. Sorry for bringing anyone down xx

Home

Its a miracle
Its a Joke
I'm Free
Your all mine now

I'll love you forever
Don't leave me
Four years to find you
One day to own you
You look good in red
I don't want you broken
Were together now.

Why am I still alone, with walls to call my own.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/12 02:28 PM

ciane

If you are looking for community input on this, I mentioned before I love Zulie's and Boltz's. To that, I'll add Starguru's wonderful memories.

Blythelyre

ciane wrote: If you are looking for community input on this, I mentioned before I love Zulie's and Boltz's. To that, I'll add Starguru's wonderful memories.

That's great!

If others wouldn't mind chiming in on their favorite three entries, I would very much appreciate it!

Zulie234

Blythelyre wrote:
ciane wrote: If you are looking for community input on this, I mentioned before I love Zulie's and Boltz's. To that, I'll add Starguru's wonderful memories.

That's great!

If others wouldn't mind chiming in on their favorite three entries, I would very much appreciate it!

Simling, Boltz, Anette

starguru

@ciane Thanks for the compliment!

Blythelyre wrote:

I especially enjoyed StephBE’s, annettesb’s and thesimling’s.

ciane

I can see how difficult this is going to be!

thesimling

I enjoyed Boltz', anettesb's and Zulie234's.

TnT_Terry

Gosh I have missed so many days I hate headaches dagnabbit, they always get in my way...ugh

Awesome poems everyone and congrats to the winner
thanks so much for hosting these dear Blythe, I truly enjoy these reads as well as feeling inspired to write again...huggies

Zulie234

thesimling wrote:I enjoyed Boltz', anettesb's and Zulie234's.

Thanks!

walkingstick

I've been lurking. Great poems everyone. My vote goes to

Zulie234
anettesb
BoltzY2K

StephBE

My votes go to starguru (and not cos she said me), Boltz and Erja888.

Post Reply Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Go to: