Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
And you wonder why the simguru's don't post.......  XML
Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Mychuckyboy

Wow, its amazing how he tried to make a heart felt post about what there trying to accomplish over there and people took a blind eye to it. I guess some people don't realize that there a company and while they do try to make there customers as comfortable as possible, there also trying to make money. I agree that we should be treating the gurus with respect, as sometimes it takes a lot of guts to get into the middle of things and be the voice of reason, as Graham showed.
calmorezoo

Mychuckyboy wrote:Wow, its amazing how he tried to make a heart felt post about what there trying to accomplish over there and people took a blind eye to it. I guess some people don't realize that there a company and while they do try to make there customers as comfortable as possible, there also trying to make money. I agree that we should be treating the gurus with respect, as sometimes it takes a lot of guts to get into the middle of things and be the voice of reason, as Graham showed.

I was shocked by the rudeness of fellow simmers in responce to guruSemedi post . But i think that many of them didnt even read the whole post. I myself am of the view that this was a personal message type post and not a formal ea one. so it makes the responce even more uncalled for. To think I was of the belief that the simming community was a kind and understanding one.

I hope that graham isnt to hurt by what was said and that he will still post on the forum from time to time as its nice to see a guru that has thier own veiws as apposed to always the EA official one.

Mychuckyboy

calmorezoo wrote:
Mychuckyboy wrote:Wow, its amazing how he tried to make a heart felt post about what there trying to accomplish over there and people took a blind eye to it. I guess some people don't realize that there a company and while they do try to make there customers as comfortable as possible, there also trying to make money. I agree that we should be treating the gurus with respect, as sometimes it takes a lot of guts to get into the middle of things and be the voice of reason, as Graham showed.

I was shocked by the rudeness of fellow simmers in responce to guruSemedi post . But i think that many of them didnt even read the whole post. I myself am of the view that this was a personal message type post and not a formal ea one. so it makes the responce even more uncalled for. To think I was of the belief that the simming community was a kind and understanding one.

I hope that graham isnt to hurt by what was said and that he will still post on the forum from time to time as its nice to see a guru that has thier own veiws as apposed to always the EA official one.

This used to be such a nice community of people, everyone knew everyone and socialized. These are different times in the forums now where if you speak your mind you get attacked, and attacked ruthlessly. All I can say is you can't be afraid to speak your mind, even if it is apart of the minority. I wish we were all as close as we used to be, but, time to move on I suppose. I just hope someday we, including the gurus, can speak freely without being verbally abused by people, but we may never see that.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/12 05:54 AM

calmorezoo

Mychuckyboy wrote:
calmorezoo wrote:

This used to be such a nice community of people, everyone knew everyone and socialized. These are different times in the forums now where if you speak your mind you get attacked, and attacked ruthlessly. All I can say is you can't be afraid to speak your mind, even if it is apart of the minority. I wish we were all as close as we used to be, but, time to move on I suppose. I just hope someday we, including the gurus, can speak freely without being verbally abused by people, but we may never see that.

you sound like my kinda simmer! are you happy to accept a friends request if so Id like to be your simming friend

Jarsie9

The replies on this post are much nicer than the ones on the post where SimGuruSemedi posted.

I Am No Longer Accepting Friend Requests. All Friend Requests Will Be Declined.
NotSoLucky

The only guru that I ever got to respond to me was meatball. Try posting on his page. Hes really nice too

Forever & Always <3 My Dragons
Springfairy556

XKidsInLoveX wrote:Maybe if they listened to the simmers like they claim to do, and stopped releasing crap SP's.....

Aww sorry you dont like them, but not everyone feels the same. I personally love Showtime.However there are some packs I won't be happy with, like the magic expansion, I really truly do not want to see sims riding around on broomsticks and turning each other into frogs, I think that all belongs in Medieval.While I think that, others may like it.I'm not thrilled about the new SP either.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/10/12 06:16 AM

Springfairy556

NotSoLucky wrote:The only guru that I ever got to respond to me was meatball. Try posting on his page. Hes really nice too

SimGuruPoptart is on quite often
SimGuruSarah was on the other day, she randomly gifted me.
SimGuruRusskii is on quite often on the mypages.

=)

Mychuckyboy

calmorezoo wrote:
Mychuckyboy wrote:
calmorezoo wrote:

you sound like my kinda simmer! are you happy to accept a friends request if so Id like to be your simming friend [/qI

I sent a request!
reecehammond

Mychuckyboy wrote:People really need to stop it with jumping down EA's throat. I'm not exactly thrilled with the bugs or the upcoming stuff pack, but I'm not going to verbally attack them because of this. If people have questions or statements they should find a way to politely come out with them, not start screaming. Screaming at someone never solves the issue, its just escalates it.

exactly

Hey everyone
I Have been a simmer for about 7 year now (i'm 15 and i started when i was 8.) i <3 the sims so much, add or gift me i won't bite x
reecehammond

Julia526 wrote:And, just to add why they dont post much, they have full time jobs, and lives, and promotional tours for some. Its not like they can come on a topic and what for replies

yes also this and it isn't even part of their job desription to come on here and look its a personally option......

Hey everyone
I Have been a simmer for about 7 year now (i'm 15 and i started when i was 8.) i <3 the sims so much, add or gift me i won't bite x
reecehammond

calmorezoo wrote:

that is pretty much the reason i made this thread.....

Hey everyone
Lonnehart

Ugh...

With a game series as popular as this it's going to have "rabid" fans. They'll be more vocal than most other fans, will always demand more, and will become very upset to the point of rudeness and maybe beyond if they don't get what they want. I find it kinda sad how the gurus always seem to be treated by some of them.

But this is just my two simoleons. I prefer to just enjoy the game and buy the stuff I want and leave all the other stuff alone.

And I guess I'll go and thank the Gurus for putting up with us for good or for ill.
reecehammond

Lonnehart wrote:Ugh...

With a game series as popular as this it's going to have "rabid" fans. They'll be more vocal than most other fans, will always demand more, and will become very upset to the point of rudeness and maybe beyond if they don't get what they want. I find it kinda sad how the gurus always seem to be treated by some of them.

But this is just my two simoleons. I prefer to just enjoy the game and buy the stuff I want and leave all the other stuff alone.

And I guess I'll go and thank the Gurus for putting up with us for good or for ill.

Hey everyone
gamegirl07

I totally agree to be perfectly honest.

I myself am not too thrilled about the idea of a stuff pack full of candy themed objects to do with Katy Perry, but I would never vent any anger or aggression at the Gurus.

Nobody gets anywhere by being rude. I understand how people can get frustrated sure, with the buggy Showtime (I too have been having problems with the game crashing and errors etc), but verbally attacking and bullying the Gurus is just childish and doesn't benefit anybody.

My opinion, you don't like the Katy Perry stuff pack or Showtime, don't buy it. Simple as. Like I said, I don't like the idea of the stuff pack, and I won't be purchasing it, end of.
Voicing an opinion is one thing, being downright aggresive to a member of the site, Guru or not, is another.

Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: