Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
The Odd Couple - A Couples Modeling Comp [Scores and Final Assignment are up!!!]  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
ColorMePink

Location: Call me Vid, Pink, ColorMePink, but DO NOT call me crazy! Do I look crazy to you?

Cute competition. I'm tempted, but I have to think about it some more first. Will be lurking. Love comps like this.

mbhoban

Reserve me a spot please! Will get my form up ASAP
Rayshizzie

cuddles54227 wrote:
Rayshizzie wrote:
Rayshizzie wrote:Please reserve me! As long as it's ok I use very little cc and don't have poseplayer.....

Awsome, I'm totally up for this...this contest is just way to cool to pass up. Honestly I have been considering installing the pose player mod, although I have never used any mods before. I figure since I'm just sarting to get into these contests it might be something worth getting. Is it easy to use and install? Also is there any certain poseplayer mod you might reccomend I use? Thanks!

Maybe this will help you: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/425438.page

As for use, it's very simple. Download poses, install them, click on pose player and select the pose.

This is great, thanks so much for posting the link, I will definately go back to it once I'm ready to start it all up, I just want to get in some playing time tonight before I go to bed then tomorrow I will go back to the link and start from there. Very useful, and exactly the type of tutorial I'll need

crimsonsunsets22

ColorMePink, thank ya, and hooray for lurkers I do hope you'll join us!
mbhoban, you've been reserved. Excited to see your couple

Rayshizzie

crimsonsunsets22 wrote:Off from work (finally), so time to address some questions

Gleeky321 wrote:Should I make a head shot for judging?

Ah, I was thinking about that last night. I originally wasn't planning to have you guys do that, but you certainly can if you'd like to. Rainbows, you can make a headshot if you'd like as well, and I'll make a judge's wall.

theabster123 wrote:May i please judge?

Unfortunately all the judges spots are filled, sorry There are still infinite spaces open for contestants, though, if you're interested.

Rayshizzie wrote:
Rayshizzie wrote:Please reserve me! As long as it's ok I use very little cc and don't have poseplayer.....

Awsome, I'm totally up for this...this contest is just way to cool to pass up. Honestly I have been considering installing the pose player mod, although I have never used any mods before. I figure since I'm just sarting to get into these contests it might be something worth getting. Is it easy to use and install? Also is there any certain poseplayer mod you might reccomend I use? Thanks!

I literally JUST installed Pose Player 2 days ago (I took a looong break from Sims when my old PC broke down- I didn't even know Pose Player existed until Monday). Installation is pretty simple- if you've ever downloaded any CC that's a .package file, Pose Player works the very same way. Once you have Pose Player installed, you can download any pose pack that you like and those poses will show up under the list in Pose Player. All you do to get it to work on your Sims is buy the Pose Player ($1 under misc decor) and have the sim you want to make a pose select it, then choose the pose you want them to make.

That is sooooooo convienient that I'll actually be able to download poses I like rather than have to figure out how to create them all on my own (at first of course). Thanks much! And as for my models, I plan on creating them both tomorrow so I'll have my application form in by then! I can't wait!

crimsonsunsets22

Indeedy, you can generally find pose packs that suit what you're looking for for a particular picture. I know MTS has a lot of romance themed poses, a pool party set, a set for sleeping, etcetc. This is a good place to start out, since the pack includes so many poses just in one download. This thread has a few links and photos to some other pose sets as well (I know it hasn't been updated in a while, but there's still a lot of useful info to be found). Also at the top of the page, there's a link to a list of 250 EA poses you can do if you select Pose By Name in the pose player and type out the animation code. There's a lot you can do with it!

I'm excited to see your models soon As for now, I'm gonna head to bed. Goodnight, all. :3

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/12/12 03:55 AM

weerweer02

So I tried downloading the pose player from Mod the Sims, but I'm not sure I did it right. They tell you to find it in buy mode? I'm a little confused, and I'm not sure I downloaded it right.

Hehe. ^_^' I'm asking because I want to sign up, and so far, everyone here has been posting links that have been really helpful. Is there a more detailed instruction on downloading the pose player itself?
ColorMePink

Location: Call me Vid, Pink, ColorMePink, but DO NOT call me crazy! Do I look crazy to you?

I have to go bed, but reserve me.

peacexlovexstp

oh can you reserve me? :)

crimsonsunsets22

weerweer02 wrote:So I tried downloading the pose player from Mod the Sims, but I'm not sure I did it right. They tell you to find it in buy mode? I'm a little confused, and I'm not sure I downloaded it right.

Hehe. ^_^' I'm asking because I want to sign up, and so far, everyone here has been posting links that have been really helpful. Is there a more detailed instruction on downloading the pose player itself?

It'll be in buy mode under misc decor. It looks like a little movie clapper board. Did you extract the file to your Mods folder after you downloaded it?
There's a tutorial here on downloading package files to be used in-game. Downloading Pose Player works the same way, so if you use that tutorial, you should be on your way to posin'

And yay, more sign ups! Glad you guys decided to join, I'll go ahead and reserve you all.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/12/12 12:50 PM

weerweer02

See I tried downloading it that way. For some reason it isn't working still. D: Sad day. I may not have pose player for this.
crimsonsunsets22

You may be having the same problem I had when I first tried downloading it. When you download the framework in the tutorial, you have to save it to C:\Users\name\My Documents\Electronic Arts\Sims 3. My problem was that I'd saved the original framework into C:\Program Files, etc. Once the framework is in there, it should create a folder called Mods. In that folder, there's another folder called packages, where you can save every package file you download. The framework should have placed 2 package in there so that you can test out if everything worked okay. One of the files it installs for you is a nointro mod, so you can test out if everything got installed correctly. If you start up the game and the movie intro is gone, then everything's working and you can start downloading whatever mods or cc you want (and you can delete the nointo mod and the nobuildsparkles mod that the framework puts in there if you want).

I hope you get it up and running, but if not it's totally okay!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/12/12 01:30 PM

weerweer02

I figured it out! Make sure people know that if it doesn't work the way you normally download it, they should try putting it in the packages file in the mods folder that you received with the original framework download. It finally showed up. The same thing for other poses.
kayndekayne

Your name (or what you'd like to be called):Amy
Couple's names: Jacen and Kimi
Headshot of both Sims together on white background:
ColorMePink

Your name (or what you'd like to be called): Pink
Couple's names: Maggie and Arnie
Headshot of both Sims together on white background
Bounus clickable pic since her eyes are closed in the above:

Short bio: Arnie is your typical nerd, while Maggie is your typical goth girl. Growing up together they were the bestest of friends, but then it turned romantic.

Edit: What makes them an odd couple? Maggie is brave, a party animal, and very outgoing. Arnie is socially awkward, scared of everything, and would rather study than party.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 04/13/12 06:45 PM

Post Reply Forum Index » Sims and Modeling
Go to: