Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
This is really getting old EA  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
butterfly61

I am really not sure about this one. I own everything from Sims 1 & 2. I own everything up to this point in Sims 3 including the useless for me BB and LL. I may have to wait until I can get this one on sale. I can't find anything in the pictures that seems to interest me. Totally bums me out. Maybe when others post and say how much they love it I can get excited about it.

Mistletoe143

Location:Hoping for a Santa holiday set & not coal this Christmas 2014!

@butterfly61

I was ambivalent about buying this stuff pack, but the live chat convinced me as the objects looked SO MUCH better in-game than in the screenshot. Actually, I was disappointed like you in the store world, Barnacle Bay, but I realized last night that with this stuff pack, I can now redo Barnacle Bay into a Peter Pan Neverland world... It's now made me super-excited to get the pack, because I now think that I can use all the items for this. So, I pass along this idea to you and other simmers--Barnacle Bay is no longer useless and this could be super-fun recreating the store world.

Happy Simming!

Please click & sign the petition!
DaQueen84

piddlesim wrote:I love this pack. I already have it preordered thanks to a sale from amazon. My only regret is that June 5th wasn't so far away.

I have so many things planned for this stuff pack. So waiting that long is cruel.

Amazon doesn't deliver on day of release like pre-order from EA
MrHawk

catloverplayer wrote:Everybody here knows I will buy it. My only regret is June 5th is so far away.

It's cool. You'll have some new store stuff in the interim.

butterfly61

Mistletoe143 wrote:@butterfly61

I was ambivalent about buying this stuff pack, but the live chat convinced me as the objects looked SO MUCH better in-game than in the screenshot. Actually, I was disappointed like you in the store world, Barnacle Bay, but I realized last night that with this stuff pack, I can now redo Barnacle Bay into a Peter Pan Neverland world... It's now made me super-excited to get the pack, because I now think that I can use all the items for this. So, I pass along this idea to you and other simmers--Barnacle Bay is no longer useless and this could be super-fun recreating the store world.

Happy Simming!

Thanks for that idea and I will look forward to seeing your pictures if you post them

breville69

I will skip this sp because ,it is not worth the price and the items are useless to me.
piddlesim

DaQueen84 wrote:
piddlesim wrote:I love this pack. I already have it preordered thanks to a sale from amazon. My only regret is that June 5th wasn't so far away.

I have so many things planned for this stuff pack. So waiting that long is cruel.

Amazon doesn't deliver on day of release like pre-order from EA

Yes they do. They have always had a release day delivery. It is 99 cents for their release day delivery shipping if you are not a prime member ( which I am not at the moment ). I have always gotten my games ( not just sims ) on release day if I select release day delivery.
piddlesim

catloverplayer wrote:EA knows how much I love unique themes as I've mentioned it many times especially to the store team. This is why I can't wait to own this sp. Lots of ideas candy wedding venues,candy clubs,candy houses,candy theme for daycare profession and kids room,pink trees for Easter celebrations,candy theme for Santa's workshop and so many more uses for this stuff pack.

I too adore unique themed items. This pack is much more than just some candy items. The peppermints, candycanes, gumdrops, gingerbread, and other items and clothing will go great for christmas. The cotten candy trees, candy houses, and lollypops are great for easter lots and decorations. Plus they fit right in with the bunny outfits from showtime. Halloween decoring... most of these will fit right in.

There are a lot of things that these items can be used for. I always decorate my sims 1, 2, and 3 games for the holidays. So I am really thankful that the items in this pack can be used for lots of different holidays.
sereniticat2

Hopefully, by June 5th I'll be well enough to sit at the computer and play Sims again. ( I only visit my machine for a little bit at a time atm) I really really want this set to play Rflong's Cake world. I think it'll be a perfect fit and am really looking forward to it.

Only thing I am unhappy with so far is having some of the clothing actually Say Katy Perry on it... but what can ya do ?

Also, I think I read a Simmer suggest turning BB into a Peter Pan type setting with the things from this pack..and that sounds cool too.

[IMG]http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u88/serenit
icat/sims/SerenSig
stormwench

bustamove13 wrote:I am a sims 3 fanatic but i am going to be sitting out on this one i think this is nothing but consumerism ani hate it!!!!! i think everything in this stuff pack will be worthless PLEASE comment below with you feelings on it.

To me the SP is worthless. Now that does not mean, as I have been told in other posts, that I like mundane things and can't be whimsical and that's why I don't like it. Both of those assumptions are wrong and actually many of my favorite purchases have been because the objects or clothing is unique to the game.

BB comes up and so does LL often in these discussions (negatively I might add) but they were pretty unique and had unique items and especially BB had some unique clothing. This is the same with some store packs and other SP's. Up to now I have bought everything TS3 and not to just say I did; often it because of one or two objects that are so great they are worth the 19.99 or the store cost. Even EP's are somethings bought just for one certain part of the game play or because of the content, I don't have to love the whole thing to see the worth of the package.

While almost everything "official" that EA puts out for The Sims has some sort of niche its always been made with the idea of versatility so that at least some of it can integrate into other stuff or designs with some imagination.

Now candyland is very imaginative, no doubt about that but the niche it is in sort of limits the imagination. If you are not imagining a candyland all put together from this EP you can be at a loss for what to do with the stuff. may be they went to far with the whole 'niche'.

Take what would have been a fantastic adaption to the fountain with the swag around it. The idea of this at a wedding, or birthday or a formal party; as a home decor piece or whatever is blown away when the SP team decided to be over the top whimsical and plopped a Pink Freezer Bunny on top.. and you cannot recolor the Bunny. That pink bunny is not going to work for me in any way I can think to use the fountain except for the community pool it was built for or a candyland decorated house.

Many of these objects are the same way, at least the content that is not recycled from existing pieces in the game. In some cases you can recolor but they color scheme is more then 4 colors so you have 1-2 colors your stuck with no matter what. All the really 'new' stuff I have seen are things like the banana split shaped couch, doorways, video consoles and other objects with cupcakes or ice cream shapes on top that can't really be anything but objects with cupcakes or ice cream on top, no matter how much you recolor or re-pattern them - they stay stuck in the niche.

As for the ones that are not shaped or have a shape added that sticks them in the niche, they are in game objects that we have and can recolor already. Lots and wallpaper are tings we can already do in game so why sell it as 'something new'.

This is why it lowers this EP in the OP and my (and several others) eye to be worthless. Outside of what you can build with a sweet treats themes there is not any real use for the really new objects.

It does not even become useful as a mega pack where you get more when you realize that you are not getting any more really 'new shapes (hair, clothing, objects) then in any other SP - the 'extra' is just fill in: recolored in game objects already there, wall paper and community lots that they are trying to sell you as 'new' or 'unique'. Neither of which they are.

I really understand why you would feel this SP is worthless to you. I feel the same way.

Ceres_Meiriona

When it goes on sale, it will occupy my shelf.

The cool thing about The Sims, is if you don't like something, you don't have to buy it to keep playing.

Only1whtrbbt

No way, no how.

I'll be avoiding this like I have avoided Showtime. Like a plague.

I am not impressed with whatever direction EA think they are taking The Sims in, and now apprantly we're getting a Magic EP next?! Guess I can save my money and pick up Pets when they have their half price sales, and then wait until they do a Weather based EP....
bustamove13

I had my fhingers crossed that the next ts3 that they put out would be weather and seasons i really think we are lacking that also with the college i am not sure if EA is going to suprise me positivly or negativly with the next game they put out!!!!!
stormwench

Only1whtrbbt wrote:No way, no how.

I'll be avoiding this like I have avoided Showtime. Like a plague.

I am not impressed with whatever direction EA think they are taking The Sims in, and now apprantly we're getting a Magic EP next?! Guess I can save my money and pick up Pets when they have their half price sales, and then wait until they do a Weather based EP....

I had not heard that Magic was next but that does not mean anything although Seasons should be seeing that they have seemed to be doing them in the order of TS2. But, scary though the thought maybe, they may think "Katy Does Magic" as a better fit then "Katy in the Snow". At least with a Magic and KP they can do all her clothing again and it would fit a bit better then dressing her in snow suits and rain gear.

Sadly, if this KP Collaboration extends beyond this SP, TS# and any future EPs and SPs will have to part ways for me. Showtime and even a special candyland SP to connect with KP is one thing but how can EA think of slamming KP into other titles - it wold be glaringly out of place. Do you think KP would say more about a Magic or Seasons EP then about changing hair color and feeding them? (My sims have not needed me to feed them when hungry sins the original game).

Mistletoe143

Location:Hoping for a Santa holiday set & not coal this Christmas 2014!

@Only1whtrbbt

I wasn't happy about Showtime either in the months before it was released. I still don't like Simport and I have never used it, but I did purchase the expansion--it actually turned out to be one of my favorites so far. I was really surprised by this, but I love all 3 careers (unlike Ambitions) and all the objects. So, I intend to be surprised by Sweet Treats as well.

@stormwench

In patch 1.32, there was some spoilers accidentally included which highly suggest a magic expansion being next. You can find more info here: http://simsvip.com/?page_id=8081 I'm not fond of occult themes, so I don't know what to think of this. It's one think to do a fantasy/candy theme and quite another for the occult for me. But, I'll reserve judgment until I know more.

Happy Simming!

Please click & sign the petition!

Post Reply Forum Index » Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
Go to: