Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Are the Expansions Cohesive?  XML
Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Tota

I really miss that they are not cohesive like in TS2, I mean, I like the idea of playing one game with more features, rather than several different games in one If you catch my drift.

I played vanilla for a long time but finally had to install mods to handle all the different bugs that come with new expansions and that is really low quality, in my opinion. I could not play the game without NRaas all mods as it is today.

christine400

Evil_One wrote:
Pepperbutt wrote:I'm too lazy to google, so by cohesive do you mean that they build on each other?

No. They don't. They're all independent of each other, which has both positive and negative reactions. I kind of like that I don't have to have EVERY EP if I want to do something (when I tried to run TS2 on my old comp, I screwed it up because I didn't install them in order), but the fact that they all seem like separate games.. really sucks.

The most negative effect of non-cohesive TS3 EPs, is that the ever lazy Sims team doesn't test each EP with the previous EPs... They're only tested with the base game.

Which means bugs (and I'm not talking bunny here).

i heard they did that? does anybody know why ?

and plus when they put the system requirements its just for that EP not previous ones they should two seperate colums on saying the requirements if you only have that ep and one saying all requirements if you all or most of the eps all i need is a estimate

Christine<3
tashie_baby11

I wish the EPs were cohesive. I really wanted a singer for my band when I saw Showtime.. But nope. Oh well.
Mstybl95

^^^That is why I bought Showtime! LOL...EA got me good with that one!

I really want a cohesive game. I mean, if I play one of the professions, then that seems to be all there is to do. There is nothing that adds on to the benefits of playing it. Like I would have liked to have seen the Architectural Designer be hired to create stages or venues. Heck, I'd like for them to be hired to design other things, too, like stables in pets, clubs in Late Night, or even vacation homes in World Adventures. I just wish it all blended together.

I agree with the person that said it feels like we are playing a bunch of individual games in one.

Evil_One

christine400 wrote:
Evil_One wrote:
Pepperbutt wrote:I'm too lazy to google, so by cohesive do you mean that they build on each other?

No. They don't. They're all independent of each other, which has both positive and negative reactions. I kind of like that I don't have to have EVERY EP if I want to do something (when I tried to run TS2 on my old comp, I screwed it up because I didn't install them in order), but the fact that they all seem like separate games.. really sucks.

The most negative effect of non-cohesive TS3 EPs, is that the ever lazy Sims team doesn't test each EP with the previous EPs... They're only tested with the base game.

Which means bugs (and I'm not talking bunny here).

i heard they did that? does anybody know why ?

Because it's faster, easier and cheaper to make an EP that only works with itself and the basegame then it is to make an EP that has to work cohesively with itself and all previous EPs.

Smash & Grab programming.

Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: