Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
can i disable imaginary friends?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
MAnatomy

haha i wish you could delete it. i will keep it in the inventory and i get pop ups saying "your sim isloosing friendship with bobo!!!!!!!!!!!!!" or "i wanna play wawawa" stuff. annoying lol

GARRICK20

how do you put it in another family members inventory? i know that sounds stupid but when every i try to do that it wont let me
GARRICK20

hahaha MAnatomy and for some reason they have really silly names
StephBE

Yep, seen that in another thread - gift the creature to someone else!!

missxkris88

I don't like those things, they have this pedo-vibe to them, in my opinion. I used cheats, held down shift and clicked on it, pressed "object" "delete" and it disappeared for a while, then randomly came back.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/17/12 07:40 PM

missaugust123

Press: ctrl, shift then c. You will then see a blue box at the top of the screen.
Next type: testingcheatsenabled true
^ exactly that then press enter.
Lastly: HOLD shift then click on the imaginary friend and click the only option 'object delete' or something like that!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/19/12 02:31 PM

PHOEBESMOM601

I can't believe so many people want to get rid of them. I've turned many of them into real Sims and most are very attractive when turned. In several of my games the IF ended up going from best friend to romantic interest for the Sim who got it at birth. It makes for an interesting story line.

Here's a guide to the IFs.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/generations/imaginaryfriend.p
hp

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
tiggersorensen

I discovered that if I let the IF age into a teen it started freezing my game up and I couldn't play anymore. I used the testingCheatsenabled true, shift clicked on the teen IF and it totally fixed my freezing problem. I can play the fam now!
SimsDude32

Yall don't know how to get rid of them?! There's like an interaction where you tell click on them, (using the sim that they follow around all the time) And there's some kind of interaction where you can tell them to go away, and then they go back into the bear form and don't ever turn back unless you tell it too.
CranberryApple

I would say turn them into a regular Sim and make them move out/kill them that way!

Dreamie209

well your prayers will soon be answered! Weather you buy Supernatural or not, the update patch will give us the chance to control or disable a supernatural creature (yes that includes our sim children's favorite little monster ).

secretuk1965

GARRICK20 wrote:secretuk1965 iv tried a few times to put it back into there inventory but it wont go back in seem like when there out there out for good

you have the option for them to leave you alone to, just go up to the doll and say leave me alone they will go back to toy foam, until you apologize to them they will stay that way.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/06/12 08:10 AM

Meowsx

i find them incredibly creepy omg :c
puggie55

Yeah.. I got annoyed with them too since my sim would always have to shoo them out of the bathroom. Anyway, what I do nowadays is DON'T GET THE MAIL haha

But anyway if you happen to have it though what you can do to get rid of it is shift+click it and press "object...delete"
Simsister2004

debbyj9557 wrote:
I agree they are annoying.

The best way I found to get rid of them is to set them down and then place it in another family members inventory. It will sit there indefintely but at least you dont have to see it and your child will eventually not be friends with it.

Words like horrid and annoying are weird to use in my opinion. That sweet little friend need to be activated. Let your simskid ask him/her to clean up the house, while the kid uses the bathroom, amd having such a friend is very nice to the kids in my opinion.

Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Go to: