Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
I hate the imaginary friend...  XML
Forum Index » Generations
Buffyspiker

Homeworker wrote:I use the teddy bears to keep them entertained plus with a 100 BC imaginary friends wouldn't be fun..

I've never successfully done a 100 BC. The most I managed was 29. Haha.
Didn't make much difference though. I still deleted 'em after toddler stage, so they didn't interfere.

Jenieusa

turn on the cheat

testingcheatsenabled true

drag IF onto ground

go into buydebug mode

shift click to delete object

Homeworker

Buffyspiker wrote:
Homeworker wrote:I use the teddy bears to keep them entertained plus with a 100 BC imaginary friends wouldn't be fun..

I've never successfully done a 100 BC. The most I managed was 29. Haha.
Didn't make much difference though. I still deleted 'em after toddler stage, so they didn't interfere.

I'm on 9 -.- I've got the fertility treatment now though, and when my 4 teenage boys move out I think it'll be easier. I have 6 boys and 3 girls

Buffyspiker

Homeworker wrote:I'm on 9 -.- I've got the fertility treatment now though, and when my 4 teenage boys move out I think it'll be easier. I have 6 boys and 3 girls

Good luck! It took far more patience than I had. At least now you have the fertility treatment things should start moving along a bit faster

Homeworker

Thanks

anettesb

It dependts on the child if I keep them.... but it is anoying that almost all my kids get 1...

click siggy to take part in the contest
knazzer

I totally forgot about that thing!
Msrednotdead

I love the Imaginary Friend, am trying to get a whole family of them lol, I want my Grown up imaginary frineds to have imaginary frined babies and their babies get given imaginary frineds as well. I want a whole town of Imaginary Frineds

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/12 12:36 PM

Tranquillite

Depending on the family I'm playing, I'll usually keep the IF if it's only for one of the children. When I'm playing my legacies though, I never let them have their IF's. Dealing with 6 kids is enough, let alone each of them having an IF following them around.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/16/12 12:34 PM

anettesb

Msrednotdead wrote:I love the Imaginary Friend, am trying to get a whole family of them lol, I want my Grown up imaginary frineds to have imaginary frined babies and their babies get given imaginary frineds as well. I want a whole town of Imaginary Frineds

well in that case they super fun...

grownup in doll form is still a little crepy though...

click siggy to take part in the contest
PHOEBESMOM601

If you've never transformed the IF to a real child and then had the Sim and the IF marry it's something to try. I've had some of the most gorgeous and interesting Sims result from those marriages.

Step outside of your comfort zone. Ask why. Don't accept,"because that's the way it's always been". Think outside the box.
Homeworker

I've tried that too, several times! I'm using one of my IF/Sim hybrids as a daddy in my 100 BC, not right now though, I'm thinking baby 14..

bklienhart

rgirl1 wrote:I liked the first couple of IF. I even brought two of them to life, After that it 'got old'. Now I delete them as soon as they come in the mail

Same thing. I can delete the ones my families get, but it's all the other kids around town that have imaginary friends that they constantly play with that annoys me.

F - is the Fire that rains from the skies
U - for Uranium bomb
N - is for No Survivors!
brookesaywhatx

enkeli63 wrote:
aaronrulz wrote:Is there a way to disable the imaginary friends that my Sim newborns get? I've had Generations since it came out and i've never liked the imaginary friends and its annoying that i build a whole playground for my Sim kids and they just want to sit inside and play with a stupid doll

please tell me there is a way to disable it? I tried to "sell" it when it was in the kids inventory but it wouldn't let me

I don't like them either! I think they should make an update to the hospital so that parent sims can take their child there for "mental health services" to get rid of the imaginary friend. That would be an excellent option that would allow players to keep the IF when they wanted, but have a gameplay solution available for when they don't!

As someone who grew up in & around "mental health services" thats not really something I'd like to have in my game...it would bring back bad memories.
GalacticGal

One of the things I don't like about the IF is that even if I queue up an action for the toddler, such as play with block table, or the xylophone, or the shape-sorter bench, my toddlers are SO obsessed with that stupid doll, they sit and sing and/or play with it, instead of building necessary skills. (It's the dumbing down of the Sims! LOL --- as if they weren't dumb enough already. )

All three volumes of my Star Trek fan fiction trilogy can be downloaded for free from here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/

Forum Index » Generations
Go to: