Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Problems with the Daily Deals?  XML
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Author Message
SimGuruSarah


Joined: 05/29/09 09:54 PM
Messages: 409
Location:Redwood Shores
Offline

LittleKittenCat wrote:Oh hey, I have a question about the daily deals. There's been a problem lately that causes a set or item to disappear from your wishlist if it shows on the daily deal. I've stopped buying from the store for a while because of this. Does that still happen or has it been fixed?


I am not familiar with that issue, but I have passed it along to see if anyone else knows about it. When you say "lately" do you mean in the last few days/weeks or longer than that?
Profile
Faith_Andhope


Joined: 01/27/11 01:48 PM
Messages: 4413
Location:Midwestern USA
Offline

SimGuruSarah wrote:
LittleKittenCat wrote:Oh hey, I have a question about the daily deals. There's been a problem lately that causes a set or item to disappear from your wishlist if it shows on the daily deal. I've stopped buying from the store for a while because of this. Does that still happen or has it been fixed?


I am not familiar with that issue, but I have passed it along to see if anyone else knows about it. When you say "lately" do you mean in the last few days/weeks or longer than that?


This problem started when they did the last MyPage update last week, at the same time our Wish Lists became broken so that we cannot remove items from them, whether we own the items or not.

When an item on our Wish List goes on the Daily Deal, it is no longer on our Wish List until the DD is over.
Profile
Glimmer50


Joined: 03/30/11 01:08 AM
Messages: 623
Offline

Thank you for the feedback. Glad to know someone is listening. Great customer service!! Makes all the difference in the world. My faith in EA is starting to grow. Thank you again.
Profile
SimGuruSarah


Joined: 05/29/09 09:54 PM
Messages: 409
Location:Redwood Shores
Offline

Faith_Andhope wrote:
SimGuruSarah wrote:
LittleKittenCat wrote:Oh hey, I have a question about the daily deals. There's been a problem lately that causes a set or item to disappear from your wishlist if it shows on the daily deal. I've stopped buying from the store for a while because of this. Does that still happen or has it been fixed?


I am not familiar with that issue, but I have passed it along to see if anyone else knows about it. When you say "lately" do you mean in the last few days/weeks or longer than that?


This problem started when they did the last MyPage update last week, at the same time our Wish Lists became broken so that we cannot remove items from them, whether we own the items or not.

When an item on our Wish List goes on the Daily Deal, it is no longer on our Wish List until the DD is over.


I have passed this info along, thank you!
Profile
LittleKittenCat


Joined: 11/15/10 05:57 AM
Messages: 640
Location:Soft, Warm Duvet
Offline

SimGuruSarah wrote:
Faith_Andhope wrote:
SimGuruSarah wrote:
LittleKittenCat wrote:Oh hey, I have a question about the daily deals. There's been a problem lately that causes a set or item to disappear from your wishlist if it shows on the daily deal. I've stopped buying from the store for a while because of this. Does that still happen or has it been fixed?


I am not familiar with that issue, but I have passed it along to see if anyone else knows about it. When you say "lately" do you mean in the last few days/weeks or longer than that?


This problem started when they did the last MyPage update last week, at the same time our Wish Lists became broken so that we cannot remove items from them, whether we own the items or not.

When an item on our Wish List goes on the Daily Deal, it is no longer on our Wish List until the DD is over.


I have passed this info along, thank you!


I noticed this issue around the beginning of this month I think. It was around the same time the deals started on a 3 item rota (refer to the Daily Deal gone wonky threads that popped up) and we noticed we could not gift whatever set or item is on the daily deal because the gift link was missing. And if you go to the item itself to gift it, you won't get the daily deal price. That part of the issue was fixed, but we still can't gift whatever is on the daily deal.

So yup, between the crazy rota, the disappearing items on my wishlist when it goes on the daily deal, and being unable to gift daily deals to anyone... its put me off on this month's spending. As a result, I haven't checked the store in a while, hence the question.

Thanks for looking into this =^__^=
Profile
Meru_ruru


Joined: 07/20/09 06:01 PM
Messages: 37
Location:Canada
Online

DD glitched again. I was waiting for September 2011 to go on DD but it skipped it and went to July 2011 instead.

Profile
starnex


Joined: 09/13/10 07:47 PM
Messages: 325
Offline

Meru_ruru wrote: DD glitched again. I was waiting for September 2011 to go on DD but it skipped it and went to July 2011 instead.


Will update my first post! Can't believe September 2011 Compilation was reduced by nearly 70%, well it would have been if it had been available.
Profile
Meru_ruru


Joined: 07/20/09 06:01 PM
Messages: 37
Location:Canada
Online

Thank you starnex! I know! I couldn't believe the sale price on it. The compilation price itself is already a good deal for the sets included (I did the math ) But the discounted price is fantastic!

I do hope that they will cycle through them again or at least the ones that were skipped, just to make it up for us. Especially the kids stuff because that's what everyone is really after.


Profile
starnex


Joined: 09/13/10 07:47 PM
Messages: 325
Offline

Meru_ruru wrote:Thank you starnex! I know! I couldn't believe the sale price on it. The compilation price itself is already a good deal for the sets included (I did the math ) But the discounted price is fantastic!

I do hope that they will cycle through them again or at least the ones that were skipped, just to make it up for us. Especially the kids stuff because that's what everyone is really after.



You're welcome! I haven't looked at that compilation properly yet, but I'm considering the one that's up now seeing as it's just 700SP and the cool summer nights on t's own is 1400 :O

But yes, I hope they'll be able to cycle through them again! Not that i'll have any SP left by then
Profile
SimGuruSarah


Joined: 05/29/09 09:54 PM
Messages: 409
Location:Redwood Shores
Offline

We have some fixes in the works for the content that didn't actually go on sale, and the content that didn't stay on sale very long. I've told everyone how much you all want to buy those sets, so hopefully we'll see them show up again in the next few days

I am a producer on The Sims 4 working on awesome secret stuff! Please Follow me on Twitter @SimGuruSarah
Profile
starnex


Joined: 09/13/10 07:47 PM
Messages: 325
Offline

SimGuruSarah wrote:We have some fixes in the works for the content that didn't actually go on sale, and the content that didn't stay on sale very long. I've told everyone how much you all want to buy those sets, so hopefully we'll see them show up again in the next few days


Thankyou so much SimGuruSarah! Once again, really appreciate the help and replies from you and thankyou EA team for the great sales! 68% off is a bargain!
Profile
Meru_ruru


Joined: 07/20/09 06:01 PM
Messages: 37
Location:Canada
Online

Yes thank you so much for your replies SimGuruSarah! I appreciate that you're on top of these posts.

And not be totally negative, the daily deals we have been getting are awesome! Truly great discounts! Thanks again!

Profile
ThresherV


Joined: 06/27/10 12:15 AM
Messages: 226
Location:Centralia, IL USA
Offline

Dang, was hoping to catch the last 2, but at least I got the July 2011 Comp. Thanks for the bargains!

Profile
Virvatuli


Joined: 05/29/09 01:12 PM
Messages: 165
Offline

While this skipping of DDs is annoying, SimGuruSarah has really done a great job replying to and informing us. Thank you! This, together with the really sweet bargains, are really improving my opinion of EA. I hope this will be a lasting trend.
Profile
wrecktangular


Joined: 09/11/09 08:26 AM
Messages: 168
Location:England. Row G, seat 14
Offline

just also wanted to say about the september deal. i almost screamed when i saw i had missed it!
my thanks to SimGuruSarah too

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/27/12 11:55 AM


Guinea Pigs!
Profile
 
Forum Index » Store General Discussion (EN)
Go to: