Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
2600 SP Contest: Makeover Family and Home. WINNERS ANNOUNCED. See page 16  XML
Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
klb685

This sounds like a really fun challenge!

Are building cheats allowed? (moveobjects, constrainfloorelevation, etc.)
I assume the furnishings need to be new so we cannot devalue the lot by letting them live in it, correct?
whatsociallife

I downloaded the family but they didn't come with the house. Have you uploaded that separately?

Faith_Andhope

klb685 wrote:This sounds like a really fun challenge!

Are building cheats allowed? (moveobjects, constrainfloorelevation, etc.)
I assume the furnishings need to be new so we cannot devalue the lot by letting them live in it, correct?

I love building cheats. However, to make this fair to everyone, including those who do not know how to use these cheats, I will say no this time. Try to do it without cheats. The only exception to this would be "moveobjects" You can use that one because it is hard to do landscaping without it and you don't need to have a lot of building cheat savvy to know how to use it.

So building cheats (CFE, etc): No.
Moveobjects: Yes

Furnishings do not have to be new if you feel they can be restored in a way that still suits the remodel of the rest of the house. Remember, creativity is one of the judging criteria. If someone can take something old and make it look new and suited to the remodel of the house, then by all means, use the old.

What exactly do you mean, "devalue the lot by letting them live in it" ??
Faith_Andhope

whatsociallife wrote:I downloaded the family but they didn't come with the house. Have you uploaded that separately?

I'm having some trouble with the lot uploading. I'm taking down the current one and am going to try again. UGH.

Stupid Exchange/Launcher/#@*!(%)#*
cherry022806

Good luck with the lot. I have had issues with lots before sometimes those little things can put up a huge fight.

Faith_Andhope

Household Download Link: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/533197.page

There is no CC or CAP in this SimPack. (Checked with Custard)

HELP!

The Download page says there is stuff from: Town Life, Generations, World Adventures and Ambitions.

I had every intention of making this entire household, including family and house base game only. I have no idea where any of this stuff from the EP's and the SP could be. I have just done a thorough search of the house and was very careful with the family members when creating to only use base game. Either I'm very s-t-u-p-i-d or the Exchange filer reader is flawed. I just don't know. If anyone could help me try to find the items from these EP's and the SP and help me get them removed, I would be eternally grateful.
klb685

I downloaded the file and opened each person up in CAS - upon initial inspection I didn't see anything that wasn't base game. Going to do a more thorough check now.
cherry022806

Ok maybe its a pattern you used! I have noticed that patterns dont have a marker on them if they come with an ep or sp.

The little boys workout shorts! I'm not sure if that is from WA or not.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/25/12 08:16 PM

Faith_Andhope

klb685 wrote:I downloaded the file and opened each person up in CAS - upon initial inspection I didn't see anything that wasn't base game. Going to do a more thorough check now.

Thank you so much. If you can find what I have missed (If I indeed missed anything) I will find a way to reach through my computer and give you a big squishy HUG.

Personally, I think the Exchange filter system is full of ____*.
Faith_Andhope

cherry022806 wrote:Ok maybe its a pattern you used! I have noticed that patterns dont have a marker on them if they come with an ep or sp.

The little boys workout shorts! I'm not sure if that is from WA or not.

You may be right. I did use lots of patterns, but I would have sworn I used ones I was sure were in the base game. But you indeed may be right.

You know, if you are right, now that the photos have been taken, I could remove all patterns and put them back to plain. That way if it is the patterns that are the problem, that would disappear and the people would just be downloaded plain instead of "bad" as I made them, but the pics would still represent the idea.

Hmmmmmm
klb685

So far:

The dad is clean.
The mom has WA and TL: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5657967
The daughter has WA: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5657973
The son is clean.

Now going to inspect the mom and daughter.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 04/25/12 08:29 PM

cherry022806

Patterns and make-up is the only thing I could think of, but I'm only looking at the pictures so I could be over looking some thing.

klb685

Daughter: Athletic shoes are from WA
Faith_Andhope

klb685 wrote:So far:

The dad is clean.
The mom has WA and TL: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5657967
The daughter has WA: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=5657973
The son is clean.

Now going to inspect the mom and daughter.

Wow, ok, I'm going to take them into CAS and see what I can do about cleaning them. It may indeed be patterns. Ugh, how will I know? Patterns aren't marked? I'll just have to remove all the hideous stuff? That defeats the whole premise. Well, I got to do it.
klb685

Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Go to: