Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Nexon to Buy Out - Electronic Arts  XML
Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
LittleGlitters

Oh lordy.

I have never even heard of Nexon, to be honest- but by the immensely negative reaction above...do.not.want.

iheartjackie

LittleGlitters wrote:Oh lordy.

I have never even heard of Nexon, to be honest- but by the immensely negative reaction above...do.not.want.
Same here, especially after Dmoquinn's post. *snicker*

Dmoquinn

iheartjackie wrote:
LittleGlitters wrote:Oh lordy.

Same here, especially after Dmoquinn's post. *snicker*

Well, that post was just based on the above reactions.
iheartjackie

Dmoquinn wrote:Well, that post was just based on the above reactions.
I thought it was very funny, clever and cute quip on the situation. I love those kinds of snarky remarks.

Allspice1232

That's...really out of left field. They don't even make the same kind of games. All Nexon makes are F2P MMOs; EA's biggest franchises are mostly singleplayer.

Not sure how I'd feel if it actually came to fruition. I've never played a Nexon game (I've heard of Maple Story and Vindictus, but I don't play MMOs so I've never played them), so I have no idea how they are as a company, but the comments above are not encouraging.
Arletta

Allspice1232 wrote:That's...really out of left field. They don't even make the same kind of games. All Nexon makes are F2P MMOs; EA's biggest franchises are mostly singleplayer.

Not sure how I'd feel if it actually came to fruition. I've never played a Nexon game (I've heard of Maple Story and Vindictus, but I don't play MMOs so I've never played them), so I have no idea how they are as a company, but the comments above are not encouraging.

Pay to win as opposed to free to play. You can play free, I grant you, but you move a lot faster through the game(s) if you use the microtransaction store they have. Their aren't many who will have much good to say of the company.

Like Jarsie said, unless EA confirm I'll treat it as a rumour. There's no point in getting bent out of shape unless it's confirmed.

To err is human. To blame a computer is even more human.

http://arlettats3.blogspot.co.uk/
Allspice1232

Arletta wrote:
Allspice1232 wrote:That's...really out of left field. They don't even make the same kind of games. All Nexon makes are F2P MMOs; EA's biggest franchises are mostly singleplayer.

Pay to win as opposed to free to play. You can play free, I grant you, but you move a lot faster through the game(s) if you use the microtransaction store they have. Their aren't many who will have much good to say of the company.

Like Jarsie said, unless EA confirm I'll treat it as a rumour. There's no point in getting bent out of shape unless it's confirmed.

Oh...those kinds of games. No me gusta, do not want.
The only MMO I have any experience with is Team Fortress 2 so I always think of that when I think F2P MMOs. They have a store too, but I never used it and have never felt like I was at a disadvantage because I didn't.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/27/12 04:29 AM

wzw1177

God, I don't think a Korean company will be able to do that.
No offense to Korean people.

The Sims 3 University, March 5, 2013?
Pepperbutt

"Have you ever heard of a gaming company called Nexo---"

"Yep, and they want to buy EA, but that's bogus because EA is worth more, and makes more, in every single way."

I'll take my fiance's word on that.

I don't game (and I wouldn't say I'm a gamer for playing Sims), but tbh the game is going to hell- it's turning into crap, and my fiance read an article that according to EA, everything should be cloud gaming. Well, guess who isn't buying TS4 if it is! All I have to say at this point is you're screwing people with bad internet over. My internet goes out every five freaking minutes. I'd rather shoot my own foot than try and play an online game.

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
maria_loves_alex

I don't want this to happen!

GBA91101Nver4get

I really hope that it doesn't happen. I don't want the sims to be turned into an online game. Oh well until it is confirmed by EA i'll take the info with a grain of salt.

Nobody does it better, Steve Jobs you simply are the best. RIP 10-5-2011
Ivinora

Pepperbutt wrote:"Have you ever heard of a gaming company called Nexo---"

"Yep, and they want to buy EA, but that's bogus because EA is worth more, and makes more, in every single way."

I'll take my fiance's word on that.

I don't game (and I wouldn't say I'm a gamer for playing Sims), but tbh the game is going to hell- it's turning into crap, and my fiance read an article that according to EA, everything should be cloud gaming. Well, guess who isn't buying TS4 if it is! All I have to say at this point is you're screwing people with bad internet over. My internet goes out every five freaking minutes. I'd rather shoot my own foot than try and play an online game.

Actually accourding to a dutch game site Nexon is worth about 8miljard while EA is only worth 5.2 miljard dollars... .
I don't know nexon for anything except for Maple story so no idea if its true or not... .
and don't forget EA hasn't been making alot of profit these years they almost all the time ended in red numbers that doesn't help their company in being more worth or help their stock folks not to mention all the bad publicity EA has been getting lately ect. ect.

(dutch link not that anybody gets it)
http://pc.4gamers.be/nieuws/15501/1/Gaat-Nexon-MapleStory-achte
r-EA-aan

Do The Zoidberg (V) (°,,,,°) (V)
thesimdeej33

Its just a matter of wait and see!

Ivinora

thesimdeej33 wrote:Its just a matter of wait and see!

Indeed it is, personally i don't see it happen XD EA would never ever sign/agree to being a company UNDER somebody else ;P .
This is a company that would like to rule them all, and will walk over death bodies to get there ;P (such as every other company in the world).

Do The Zoidberg (V) (°,,,,°) (V)
crystal91390

Oh I really really hope not, I've played most of Nexon games and no matter how great the games are it's not worth it since the service is just horrible.

If you think EA Customer Service is horrible imagine Nexon's. Since we all basically PAY to play the sims franchise, EA sort of has that responsibility to somewhat fix problems that customers may have, but Nexon isn't like that AT ALL. Once they release a new patch or update it takes MONTHS for it to get fixed even if its something that is truly game breaking. We all know how EA embellishes on their products, Nexon likes to appease the customers but never follows through. So I really hope that this is just a rumor since I would not touch any of their games based on years of experience dealing with that company.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/27/12 08:57 AM

Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: