I think cupid's wrath has to do with the voodoo doll as well. You can make another sim love you, that's probably it
So, it seems this file is very important for pc. I'll do a reinstall of my pc and see what's in there. I don't think there's need to share it though. If everyone just reinstalls their PC and keeps that file safe, that should work, I would think.
Joined: 06/23/09 05:03 PM
Location:In The Ori Galaxy
crinrict wrote:Don't know if it will help with all your issues. Should with the moodlets I would guess though.
OK for my HS i took out all that i could within the current caches...meaning everything but the FOY...reinstalled the new set...plus spellbook..RCW...PBM...BS...and so on...
and yes i even took out the 2 mods i had for the current set and the spellbook....
It all works...except for the no animations on the FOY...but it does works...
Right now i am happy and content with this...however...
I am also going to try reinstalling EVERYTHING....deleteing all cache...and reinstalling it all....for my current HS...just to see
if it will help with the FOY....If not i am still satisfied....
I deleted everything but the CCmerged out of the DCbackup folder...
Joined: 12/08/11 07:31 AM
1. Do you delete your files in DCBackup ? Yes, I delete every file, but the ccmerged file from the folder after installing items.
2. Do you usually delete the ccmerged.package file (also to be found in DCBackup) ? No, I have never deleted the ccmerged file, and if I do, its done long with the whole Sims3 folder and its place right back into the newly created folder/s or I reinstall all items before even starting the game up again to play.
3. What kind of issues do you have ? None, I have not had a problems with any of the store items I have so far.
4. Which PC do you have installed ? Not sure how to answer this one, if you are asking abt my own or a store item PC. Mine is a dell some years old which I have upgraded its parts. I do not think I have any store sims PCs.
5. Anything else you might want to add. I have always wondered abt this file and its importence, why I have never deleted it when doing the baseic deleting of files and folders.
The only time the ccmerged file is deleted is if I removed the whole Sims3 folder and start up a new game mods and cc free(which are store items only). Then I go about placing the needed files back into the clean newly made Sim3 folder, with the ccmerged files into the DCbackup folder(unless I am reinstalling all items), my saved filed into saves as well as the files that go into Savedsims, InstalledWorlds, Library and WorldCaches folders, along with the Options file and any other files that are needed for the game or my saved ones that sit within the Sim3 folder on there own and not in any other folder within.
ETA: That I place the whole DCCache folder back in, as well, I keep a copy of the folder and files else where and update them each time I add something new from the store. The folder and files are also placed right back in the new Sims3 folder with all the other ones as stated above.
This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/30/12 05:24 PM