Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Farming Ep  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
ltd2mp87

I also love the idea
A coupoe years ago there was a rumor about a "Sims in the Country" ep, which was gonna be about farming. I was so happy when I first heard it, and it was so dissapointing when it turned out to be a hoax...

So I think the farming EP would be awesome, and it would be even better if they combined it with seasons! Cuz farming rovolves around weather conditions, like you sow in spring, harvest in autumn, and during the winter everything is frozen so the farm animals sit in their barns and no crops are planted, etc.
Vermatrix

Would this mean a return of the plant sim? Or do we go with something new like a scarecrow sim

RockChick

I think it would be fun to finally have actual llamas in a Sims game!
Llamas being a recurring little theme/joke in the sims for so many years

I would love chickens , ducks, geese (eggs obviously, meat , geese make good burglar chasers!!!)
Would be great to have goats/llamas or sheep also (wool, home made knitted gifts, clothes, snuggle blankets or toys for kids)

Love the idea of cows and pigs as well (meat, milk...pigs could eat slop / leftovers...how about a pet pig to hunt truffles and earn money that way or use to become cordon bleu chef?
Cows milk for...milkshakes and milkshake makers (open a functional malt shop and ice cream parlour with your own produce, as well as homemade foods moodlet boosts)

Wheat and home milled flour for bakery type produce (again, sellable fresh bread and cakes, enhanced status effects from eating home produced foods)

Herb and flower garden as well (career opportunity for florist, wedding flowers...skill gains for better displays etc...also home made beauty treatments and pamper gifts)

and basically new interractions based around self suffiency and crafts, some sort of community market for people to sell and buy produce and related crafts and goodies would be awesome and would work good alongside other homemade sims things (eg nectar)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/03/12 09:19 AM

ltd2mp87

Vermatrix wrote:Would this mean a return of the plant sim? Or do we go with something new like a scarecrow sim

scarecrow sims are a great idea!
littlelinford

Just thought of a new idea, since evereyone is saying seasons deserves its own ep. Maybe becuase EA has already done horses in detail, they'll focus on seasons and add some crops and farm animals in the mix. so it would be a seasons ep with livestock?
make sense? actually sounds better than a farming ep with weather in
Jennygirl

ltd2mp87 wrote:
Vermatrix wrote:Would this mean a return of the plant sim? Or do we go with something new like a scarecrow sim

scarecrow sims are a great idea!

That would be awesome! You can put a scarecrow up in your field/garden/etc, and it would jump off it's post to take care of all your gardening needs, then go back onto the post when it is finished. You can do some quest (similar to the genie) to "release it from it's post,"and the scarecrow would come to life and join your household (and look human at that point). All scarecrows would have a green thumb trait.

Rianna90

I would love a farm pack!

Harvest Moon had serious rpg elements. Plus the focus of the game was farming. A sims EP would only add farming elements to a much broader game, therefore not force you to spend hours farming.

Farmville is completely different..and again focused solely on farming.

Comparing the two is like comparing a game that focuses on fighting fires to Ambitions or one that focuses on quests to World Adventures.

Farming will never be the focus of the Sims 3 game, only one EP. And even then, more than likely you can just what you do with the wineries. Set up the farm and then go do something else with another family.

I find it odd that so many people are comparing an EP with some farming elements (you know EA..it won't be all about farming) with a full fledged farming game. Do you really think an EP would be as detailed as Harvest Moon? I loved HM, by the way...but as a farming game, not as a life simulator.
slynnski

Location:On the Titanic, in a fancy dress, sipping tea in the 1st class lounge.

Rianna90 wrote:I would love a farm pack!

Harvest Moon had serious rpg elements. Plus the focus of the game was farming. A sims EP would only add farming elements to a much broader game, therefore not force you to spend hours farming.

Comparing the two is like comparing a game that focuses on fighting fires to Ambitions or one that focuses on quests to World Adventures.

Farming will never be the focus of the Sims 3 game, only one EP. And even then, more than likely you can just what you do with the wineries. Set up the farm and then go do something else with another family.

I find it odd that so many people are comparing an EP with some farming elements (you know EA..it won't be all about farming) with a full fledged farming game. Do you really think an EP would be as detailed as Harvest Moon? I loved HM, by the way...but as a farming game, not as a life simulator.

Well then if it's not detailed, and farming isn't the main element or the main focus, I don't see how it could be considered a farming EP. Your whole post is kind of contradictory.

Participate in my contest!
Rianna90

slynnski wrote:
Well then if it's not detailed, and farming isn't the main element or the main focus, I don't see how it could be considered a farming EP. Your whole post is kind of contradictory.

Ummm...it is an EP, not a full fledged game. This means it will be only a part of THE SIMS 3 rather then the entire game. Farming will not be the focus of the game, only the EP. This means you don't have to spend all your time farming like you do in games that are just about farming. You do know that an EP is meant to be an add-on to the base game, right? It is not supposed to be the entire game.

I do know that some people play the current EP, get bored, put the game away, and then play the next EP. In that case, I suppose you might see the EP as the entire game. I really don't think most people do that though. I think most of us use the EPs to add onto our already established worlds and would simply use a new EP as a part of the overall experience.

I did not mean to confuse you.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/03/12 07:03 PM

Masquerade_Angel

RockChick wrote:I think it would be fun to finally have actual llamas in a Sims game!
Llamas being a recurring little theme/joke in the sims for so many years

I would love chickens , ducks, geese (eggs obviously, meat , geese make good burglar chasers!!!)
Would be great to have goats/llamas or sheep also (wool, home made knitted gifts, clothes, snuggle blankets or toys for kids)

Love the idea of cows and pigs as well (meat, milk...pigs could eat slop / leftovers...how about a pet pig to hunt truffles and earn money that way or use to become cordon bleu chef?
Cows milk for...milkshakes and milkshake makers (open a functional malt shop and ice cream parlour with your own produce, as well as homemade foods moodlet boosts)

Wheat and home milled flour for bakery type produce (again, sellable fresh bread and cakes, enhanced status effects from eating home produced foods)

Herb and flower garden as well (career opportunity for florist, wedding flowers...skill gains for better displays etc...also home made beauty treatments and pamper gifts)

and basically new interractions based around self suffiency and crafts, some sort of community market for people to sell and buy produce and related crafts and goodies would be awesome and would work good alongside other homemade sims things (eg nectar)

I think these are excellent ideas! I love the idea of more diverse ranges of flowers and more options for homemade baking. A farmers market that you mentioned would be wonderful. It would sort of bring back that Open for Business feel & perhaps could be extended to selling any other items if the player wanted.

Thanks to your "geese being good burglar chasers" comment, I can't get the image of an army of Llamas in ninja outfits guarding the Sims farm out of my head now.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/12 01:05 PM

RockChick

I think a petting zoo feel would be nice too, attached to the Farmers Market and would be cool for building family relationships and cute photo ops with the kids etc..bottle feed a baby Llama and so forth, and little chicks and ducklings would be sweet.
I so wish flowers in game were CAS recolourable. I love making gardens and there's not enough variety for me really (not without CC at the moment)
All just wishful thinking of course! but a nice change from the high end /celeb stuff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/04/12 10:56 PM

bosslaydee

slynnski wrote:
Rianna90 wrote:I would love a farm pack!

WHAT?? its an ep.. meaning an addition to the base game.. so every ep is just an ADDITION never focused fully.

GREENEYA

littlelinford wrote:Some of you may know, there is a possibility of a farming ep for TS3.

This is quoted:

"gardening and harvestable items expanded to include cash crops: corn, wheat, rice, coffee and sugarcane.
Raise cattle and livestock: Cows, sheep, pigs, llamas, ostriches and chickens.
sell your extra meat, eggs, milk and produce at the farmers market
fight drought, insects, crows and WOLVES(!) pesticides, scarecorws (fight scarecrows?) and electric fences. "

WOW! Personally i think this is brilliant. EA did well with pets and horses, imagine llamas, chickens, cows etc! the animals would be cute and fun, and it would be very comical, especially if there is cow milking, sheep shearing, egg collecting, wolves, electric fences etc. I think this would be amazing.

What would your suggestions be? What are you hoping there is?

I hope that we will get that EP for TS3.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: