Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Sims 3 Vacation?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
bosslaydee

CountFav wrote:
bosslaydee wrote:they already did a vacations.. it was the first expansion, world adventures. theyre not gonna elaborate any further on it.

Um, well if you read my post properly you will see that I already know about WA, as I mentioned it about twice. But that isn't what I meant, like I said I want somewhere for my Sims to go and have fun not a "click and go" exploration. My idea of a holiday is to relax not an adventure into a dusty tomb where there is the chance I can be burnt or die of hunger.

Also what is the point in saying "They aren't going to elaborate any further" you don't know their plans any more than I do. If you don't have anything constructive to say then don't bother. There is a difference between voicing an opinion and stating a fact. What you said was as if it was a known fact not your opinion.

Anyway, a family centered holiday would be great. It would be nice to send the whole family to the beach and swim in the sea again. Or one of those activity center holidays, which could also bring back a lot of free time things and sporting stuff.

A tropical Island would be cool, I could imagine lots of exotic birds flying round (maybe bird watching could come back)

To be honest it would just be nice to get a few new places to visit, even if the new worlds only had one or two new attractions on each one, it would still make the idea of a holiday more dynamic.

calm down. it WAS an opinion. and no i didnt read your post fully. :/ my bad. but yeah, you need to chill, i wasnt trying to be rude. just stating what ive seen over the years. and honestly, you dont want something new??

Staker

bosslaydee wrote:they already did a vacations.. it was the first expansion, world adventures. theyre not gonna elaborate any further on it.

I agree.
It doesn't matter to EA whether it's vacations or adventures. EA produces expansions that all have a different theme; they all bring a new feature. It's the core theme that matters, because that's the ep's foundation and everything else is built upon the core theme.
The core theme of World Adventures is not adventures, it's travelling to a foreign country.
The core theme of Vacations would not be vacations, it would be travelling to a foreign country.
It would be the same as making a sea-based expansion, where you can explore the ocean and find islands and such. And then the next expansion would be another sea-based expansion, only this time you can dive under the sea and find shipwrecks and such. Travelling is an umbrella term for both vacations and adventures and it was already done in World Adventures which includes adventures. Travelling has already been done, there's no point of making it a second time and that's it.
And I'm not trying to sound like an EA employee, this is plain logic.

"In this life we only have each others. If one of us goes down, we all go down. So focus." -Leonardo (TMNT 2003)
MaxQBaker

CountFav wrote:I would like to see the return of a vacation expansion that was centered on vacations, it could have new sub worlds with very different locations and things to do in them. The main world could be like Italy with rolling hillside and a beautiful lake with lots of empty lots to add our own builds.

Sim Safari - can have wild animals roaming around like in the Pets Expansion. Wouldn't need pets for that because In Late Night there were pigeons. Sims can stay in the Safari Lodge or a new tent. A new car could be a jeep (tiger stripe jeep haha!) A new career could be Zoologist/explorer, in the Science facility, which would now be the science and zoology center. Possible return of the Zudu witch doctor.

Sim Greece - beautiful white houses, sandy beaches, blue seas (which could hopefully be used for swimming, If they can't swim in the sea then maybe a boat that could be used like a car, with an invisible road that can be set on top of water that the boat would float along) Obviously there can be temples to explore. A new community lot could be an open spa, with mud baths and massage tables circa Sims 1 (yes I know that would make the original spa rabbit hole not needed, but seriously would anyone care?) There could be new food. A new job could be history teacher/self employed relic finder(also compatible with WA EP)

Sim City - A mini city, for romantic breaks with little boutique hotels. A theatre/opera house. Some little shops like a florist, a bakery, clothes shop, jewelry shop and an ACTUAL cafe, these could also be a street market just using the registers. All of these things could be done with the WA registers. And these could also be new jobs as Sims could own and work in them. It could have a old romantic European look/feel to it, or a more modern Manhattan Soho/Greenwich/union square look.

Sim Aspen - A snowy resort for the Sims to enjoy. They could stay in a Ski lodge or in posh hotel. There could be the return of the Sauna and hot springs. The usual snow activities for all Sims to enjoy, snow ball fights, making snow-sims, snow angels. The new creature could be a Yetti.

What do you think?
(sorry I always ramble on a bit)

Yup. it would be cool.
And I also disagree with others who think WA was definitely the Sims3 version of Bon Voyage and such.

Personally, i think that by the end of the Sims 3 franchise, they will release a mechnism in game so that you can travel to any world you have installed (i.e. barnacle bay, Lunar Lakes, Hideen Springs, etc.) and treat them as vacations.

But by then, they will also have added things like sunbathing, swimming in ocean, and the various other vacation type perks we saw in Sims 2.

They haven't done proper honeymoons yet either, so maybe it could be part of that update.

iyhareholman1

I for one would not be unhappy with a vacation EP it would be cool to go to Italy or on a Safari taking your family along. As for the possibilty of a Seasons EP definity got my vote
CountFav

bosslaydee wrote:calm down. it WAS an opinion. and no i didnt read your post fully. :/ my bad. but yeah, you need to chill, i wasnt trying to be rude. just stating what ive seen over the years. and honestly, you dont want something new??

I do want new things, there hasn't been a Safari, Greek or Italian themed world. However I would like to see the return of a snowy world.
I don't see why you've told me to calm down/chill. I haven't been aggressive or rude to you. I always try to write, in my opinion, rather eloquent and educated replies, I would never just insult someone. However I am sorry if you have taken offense to anything I have written, but you can't honestly expect to post on someone's thread telling them something that you don't know, any more than they do and not expect them to answer back to you. I personally would never make a reply to someone that wasn't complimentary or constructive, there are many things that get posted on the forums and I want to jump in and say "they'll never do it" etc etc but I find that rude, also I can't 100% confirm what EA plan to do.
I only asked what people thought of my ideas, I never once asked "does any one think that they will make this?"
So, I don't mean to sound rue but it you don't want to join in by throwing some vacation/holidays ideas about, then please kindly leave me be with my ideas/opinions, thank you.

MaxQBaker - YES! That would truly be amazing if they could implement that (now please) I do feel like having sub neighborhoods is lacking, the three from WA are cool, but it would be nice to be able to visit the other worlds too. But I'm sure I read somewhere (but don't quote me on this) that with all the aging up and story progression for all the different worlds would take up too much space and make the game run slow. But to be honest I wouldn't really care if the Sub 'hoods didn't age up etc. It would just be nice to have an option of taking Sims to lots of different places. It is the little actions that make the game so interesting, I forgot about honeymoons, they were cool.

Staker - I do understand what your saying, fundamentally they do share a similar theme but, I will rather sheepishly mention how parallels can be drawn between Late Night and Showtime. A lot of talk has been thrown around that they are basically the same game, or that they should have been the same game, or Showtime is Late Night part 2. So I would argue that EA sold World Adventures as an EP based around adventure more so than travel. I think it was them taking the idea of a holiday/vacation EP and taking it to the next level, which they did, it is one of my favorite EPs. But I'm not alone in wanting the possibility of a new EP based purely on the idea of fun holidays/vacations centered more on the aspect of family time, In WA yes you cant take your family with you but when exploring tombs its sometimes easier to do it with just one Sim, where as in previous Vacation eps there were things for the whole family/group to do and it gave a more realistic approach to how an ever day person spends their holiday because I don't personally know anyone who has ever en-counted a mummy on their travels! Maybe I don't know enough exciting people though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/06/12 08:47 PM

bbordewyk

My thoughts on a vacation expansion,

I know some of the stuff I put in this picture is very unlikely XD but I do hope they come out with an expansion for leisure trips to hotels and resorts rather than just adventure trips to camp sites. Don't get me wrong, World Adventures is my favorite expansion pack so far, but I really want some vacation destinations

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/06/12 09:41 PM

CountFav

bbordewyk - Any of those activities from that cover would be amazing! I do miss hotels, there is nothing I like more than going to a hotel in real life. Also if they the Sims could stay as long as they wanted too, that would be better It always irritates me that they cant say for longer than 14 days (I think) at the moment. I don't think that there is anything too unlikely in that photo. Something that would be cool though would be a hot air balloon, Sims could pay for a ride in that, and when we click for the map view we would be able to see a hot air ballon floating around.
bbordewyk

It would also be great to finally be able to go swimming at a beach. What the heck else are beach lots for!? XD

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 05/06/12 10:06 PM

CountFav

I miss sun bathing. Used to find it s funny when a Sim got burnt and they turned red. And the fact that they could get a tan that would last a few days was great because it just makes everything that little bit more realistic. I swear it's the small things I miss the most about previous Sims games. Hopefully over time though more of these things can be brought to Sims 3.

Wouldn't it be fun if a group of teens could all go on holiday together, camping in a forest/staying at a beach hotel.

Also if there was an option to send a Sim to work in one of the holiday resorts, a bit like the boarding school, and if your Sim went on holiday the one that was sent away to work was a npc in that world.

Because EA like the whole sharing Sims in-game, there could possibly be a Sim port that would send your Sim off to a friends game for a holiday with their Sim/Sims(They couldn't control yours it would be like when a sim is on a date) If they took your Sim to a theme park, and they won a cuddly teddy your Sim would return to your game with the ted or other souvenirs.

A carnival vacation spot would be good too. Sims could stay in old fashioned Gypsy caravans (like the Lat Night trailer vans) or a B&B. The world could be a little village in a forest (gives it a sort of magical feel) with big top tents and carnival rides.

Although a beach resort could have a carnival/theme park on a boulevard/boardwalk. Also a beach resort could have a swimmable sea/posh hotel/sun bathing there could also be a beauty pageant for all ages both male and female.

Obviously I would like to have a winter resort with snowboarding/wood lodges/skiing/ice skating and other usual snow activities.

I think a safari would be nice, its never been done before and it could have a with a jeep tour/bird watching/zoo <Sims wouldn't have to interact with the animals because we cant when we go to a zoo. There could be cages/enclosement in buy mode and you'd have to select what animal you wanted in it (tiger/monkey etc).>
Mandylcd

CountFav and bbordewyk--great pictures and ideas! I was thinking of other locations to travel to and I thought of some of the same things you mentioned-including being able to ski and to surf so your game cover, bbordewyk, was excellent. Very creative. I thought that being able to ski and surf would also blend in with seasons activities. And I would love to have a seaside resort to visit.
didiruvalcaba

yes! the little things is what makes it so fun! at the moment I'm bored of TS3 I'm doing challenges and such.... I'm waiting for showtime.... I was waiting for bugs to be eliminated but I see that they haven't fixed bugs this far in to the game... and there is already spoilers for a new EP. it could be the rumored one that is on VIP's page but it could be another one that is finished or almost finished...
Valandis

Great ideas! You have my full support on them!

constance

WANT. WANT. WANT. WANT.

Oh man, I bet with Sims 3, they could make the destinations really beautiful.

Your mom's a Seasons thread.
CountFav

The EA team are so clever when it comes to creating worlds. There isn't a world that doesn't look beautiful. It would just be nice to have some more variety, a lot of the worlds are very American looking (not saying that is a bad thing and yes I do know that there are other themed worlds) but there are so many creative new worlds they could make, from the realistic like jungles, forests, safaris, Venice, Greece, Japan, Aspen, Florida, London etc or fantasy worlds like a fairy tale forest, which could have a circus/carnival and the town hall would be an old castle.

If I'm being honest the thing I like the most about the idea of a vacation EP is just the new worlds, I love seeing what new world the teams come up with, and it would be nice to get some more variety on the rabbit holes. Because if we have to have them then they should be interesting to look at, this is something that has started to happen though with the recent EPs, but it just needs to be taken to the next level. Why can't the city hall be a grand palace on the banks of a river? Or the police station be like the Tower of London, the hospital could be a grand old mansion that has been converted into a private practice. They could combine the book shop, supermarket, restaurant, spa and theatre into one big mall, (like how the city hall can hold the army and police too) just think of all the space that would save for adding new lots. The school could get a makeover too and be held in a sort of "Hogwarts" style castle, because there are a lot of Harry Potter fans who would like to send the Sims off to school in a castle.
I just think that if we have to have Rabbit holes they should be interesting and dynamic places that really do add character to the worlds and also a sense of history, like the world/town has been there for years.
Jess1281

bosslaydee wrote:
MadameLee wrote:

um hello that first one wasn't at all Vacation like. Like Sims Vaction or the Sims 2 Bon Voyage. Its just more work,work,work.

Oh well.. thats electronic arts for you. They arent going to expand further on a vacation type of ep. and i doubt a lot of people would appreciate 2 of the same type of ep when they could have something totally new and different.

Actually They've done a lot of expanding on existing features of games already released, alot of the patches and EPs enhance smooth out things, and What do you call Showtime? It delved further into Celebrity Life that was introduced with Late Night. Like Supernatural is delving further into the Supernatural element added with Ambitions and Late Night both, so who's to say they won't release a proper Vacationing EP before launching into Sims 4??? I certainly cannot say one way or the other.

Post Reply Forum Index » Ideas & Feedback
Go to: