Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can someone build a house from this floor plan for me?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
ZooProfessor3

Well it's not so much that we LET you, as you just DID it!

You are living your life on the "it is easier to gain forgiveness than permission" idea I see.

You DID say where you got the form, and I'm not mad or anything, but I am a bit confused. Don't you have exactly the same request pending with us? Do you really want TWO of the same lot?

Maybe I'm REALLY confused and your request with us is something different. I guess I should double-check!

EDIT:
No, I checked and it is EXACTLY the same lot. Is that what you intended to have more than one of these? If you would like to edit your post at D.N.A. to request a different house instead you can do that.

Just post on our thread to say that you edited your request so that I can see if the title of your request needs to change. You will still keep your same spot in line if you edit your request and you can edit it at any time up until someone claims it (after that you can't change it unless the person who claimed it agrees). If you edit, make sure to post to tell us.

Zoo

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/09/12 09:57 PM

love1616

ZooProfessor3 wrote:Well it's not so much that we LET you, as you just DID it!

You are living your life on the "it is easier to gain forgiveness than permission" idea I see.

You DID say where you got the form, and I'm not mad or anything, but I am a bit confused. Don't you have exactly the same request pending with us? Do you really want TWO of the same lot?

Maybe I'm REALLY confused and your request with us is something different. I guess I should double-check!

EDIT:
No, I checked and it is EXACTLY the same lot. Is that what you intended to have more than one of these? If you would like to edit your post at D.N.A. to request a different house instead you can do that.

Just post on our thread to say that you edited your request so that I can see if the title of your request needs to change. You will still keep your same spot in line if you edit your request and you can edit it at any time up until someone claims it (after that you can't change it unless the person who claimed it agrees). If you edit, make sure to post to tell us.

Zoo

I din't realize I needed to ask for permission to copy and paste a generalized form. I gave D.N.A credit, I never tried to take credit for the form. Don't worry, I won't use it again, I'll make my own if I ever ask to have another house built. In your thread, you said you were backed up for 4 weeks, I thought I might have faster results by posting my own thread. I never thought to take my request on your thread down, but I have taken it down now. And I don't believe you know how I live my life at all, and I found your assumption a bit rude. I have NEVER been anything but polite, helpful, and friendly on these forums.

RIP Momma! Cancer sucks!
Morakai

Now, now, love, you did nothing wrong. Yes, you did use a form that you filled out for a request, but you also gave them credit for it. A lot of builders use forms that are similar because builders needs about the same info to be able to build to specifications.

You did nothing wrong with requesting a house with DNA & the same house in this thread. I did something similar. I posted a request with DNA, and with Aleisha, for the same house. Mind, I didn't have a floor plan, but different people will interpret plans differently as well. I got 2 totally different houses. Both are great, and I appreciate both building them for me.

So, take a breath, and return to take a look at the house that is looking great so far, and remember sometimes things that are typed are not said in the tone that we read them in. Sad, but true.

Zen hugs!

(Zen hugs: The hugs that I would give if I was there)

Edit: can't get my fingers to keep up with my brain today for some reason.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/09/12 10:48 PM

=^..^=

love1616

Morakai wrote:Now, now, love, you did nothing wrong. Yes, you did use a form that you filled out for a request, but you also gave them credit for it. A lot of builders use forms that are similar because builders needs about the same info to be able to build to specifications.

You did nothing wrong with requesting a house with DNA & the same house in this thread. I did something similar. I posted a request with DNA, and with Aleisha, for the same house. Mind, I didn't have a floor plan, but different people will interpret plans differently as well. I got 2 totally different houses. Both are great, and I appreciate both building them for me.

So, take a breath, and return to take a look at the house that is looking great so far, and remember sometimes things that are typed are not said in the tone that we read them in. Sad, but true.

Zen hugs!

(Zen hugs: The hugs that I would give if I was there)

Edit: can't get my fingers to keep up with my brain today for some reason.

I didn't think I had done anything wrong until she posted that. *Deep breath* I'm hosting a lottery now to calm my nerves. And she is doing a lovely job on the house! I'm excited for my sims to see it

RIP Momma! Cancer sucks!
ZooProfessor3

love1616 wrote:
ZooProfessor3 wrote:Well it's not so much that we LET you, as you just DID it!

EDIT:

Zoo

I din't realize I needed to ask for permission to copy and paste a generalized form. I gave D.N.A credit, I never tried to take credit for the form. Don't worry, I won't use it again, I'll make my own if I ever ask to have another house built. In your thread, you said you were backed up for 4 weeks, I thought I might have faster results by posting my own thread. I never thought to take my request on your thread down, but I have taken it down now. And I don't believe you know how I live my life at all, and I found your assumption a bit rude. I have NEVER been anything but polite, helpful, and friendly on these forums.

Okay, WOW.

First of all, I was trying to make a little joke as you said, "thanks for letting me use your form" or something of that nature and I just found it funny because it was not so much like we had a choice.

The actual use of the form would be an issue for me if you were on a request team, but I really had no problem with it in this case and I even said that.

I KNOW we have a long wait time, I was only trying to be helpful to say that IF you get some version of this house that you really like then you don't have to be stuck with two of the same house, you could alter your request with D.N.A. to get some other house or building that you like instead.

If I was rude, and even re-reading I have to say that I do not SEE the rude, then I want to say I apologize. It was never my intention to do that.

By the way, "It is easier to gain forgiveness than permission" is actually a saying I really like and wasn't intended to be mean.

I think you over-reacted. Perhaps you will agree when you reread everything I posted and you posted. If not, that's fine, too. Good luck and God bless.

Morakai

Shoot! I'm excited to see it as well! I did find your lottery. Nominated as well.

Just hope you feel better soon!

Zen hugs!

=^..^=

Elimarna

*throws calming fairy dust glitter powder stuff over everybody, including herself*

Bad news: Game froze, had to force it to close, lost everything I'd done since waking up.

Good news: Now that I know what I'm doing to some degree with that roof, with any luck it'll be better looking, ESPECIALLY since my memory is being wonderful today and I am able to remember every single thing I'd used up to the freezing up of my game.

Hopefully will have it all back where it was within a couple of hours, once I've eaten my dinner.

love1616

Elimarna wrote:*throws calming fairy dust glitter powder stuff over everybody, including herself*

Bad news: Game froze, had to force it to close, lost everything I'd done since waking up.

Good news: Now that I know what I'm doing to some degree with that roof, with any luck it'll be better looking, ESPECIALLY since my memory is being wonderful today and I am able to remember every single thing I'd used up to the freezing up of my game.

Hopefully will have it all back where it was within a couple of hours, once I've eaten my dinner.

OOOhhhh Shiny! My game does that all of the time. I use the "saver" mod by twallan. It reminds me to save every 30 minutes. I believe you can redo it and make it just as good, or even better Sometimes it's better to get a fresh start, kinda like you did a rough draft and then are making the final draft.

RIP Momma! Cancer sucks!
Elimarna

Great news! I am almost completely back to where I was before my game froze! Things match a lot better on the outside, just need to do the same for the inside (doors and arches).

Flooring inside is also all placed, but no wallpaper/paint/anything else pretty that might go on a wall.

Oh, and note the roof. I think it has improved a great deal.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/10/12 02:16 AM

love1616

Elimarna wrote: Great news! I am almost completely back to where I was before my game froze! Things match a lot better on the outside, just need to do the same for the inside (doors and arches).

Flooring inside is also all placed, but no wallpaper/paint/anything else pretty that might go on a wall.

Oh, and note the roof. I think it has improved a great deal.

OOHHHH!! I love it even more than before! And you work so fast

RIP Momma! Cancer sucks!
Elimarna

Just because I haven't shared this shot with you yet, here is the bit of landscaping I did last night before moving on to the interiors.

Now, a couple of quick questions:

1. Would you like a nectar cellar? I can tack one on pretty easily below the basement if you do.

2. How furnished would you like it? Do you want just the basics (kitchen counters, stove, fridge, sink, and bathroom plumbing), most furniture and some decorations (the former plus the basic furniture and reasonable electronics, plus a few things like curtains and paintings where I see fit), or all out, leave nothing undone DECORATED?

I ask because obviously the cost of the house to your Sims goes up with everything I add to it now. I'm at the decorating and landscaping stage at this point, so not too much longer left now!

Morakai

I don't know what love1616 will think, but it is look great so far! Is that a deck over the walk out basement I see peeking out there in the back?

=^..^=

love1616

Elimarna wrote:Just because I haven't shared this shot with you yet, here is the bit of landscaping I did last night before moving on to the interiors.

Now, a couple of quick questions:

1. Would you like a nectar cellar? I can tack one on pretty easily below the basement if you do.

2. How furnished would you like it? Do you want just the basics (kitchen counters, stove, fridge, sink, and bathroom plumbing), most furniture and some decorations (the former plus the basic furniture and reasonable electronics, plus a few things like curtains and paintings where I see fit), or all out, leave nothing undone DECORATED?

I ask because obviously the cost of the house to your Sims goes up with everything I add to it now. I'm at the decorating and landscaping stage at this point, so not too much longer left now!

Oh I never thought about a nectar cellar... Yeah I can see one of the future generations being a chef so that would work out great! You can go all out on the decorating if you want to, I'm not worried about the cost of the house. I'm just going to cheat and move them in it with freerealestate lol

It looks so pretty! I'm so excited! Thank you again for building this for me

RIP Momma! Cancer sucks!
Elimarna

I've got far more than this done inside, but I thought I'd pop over and give you a little preview of the INSIDE for a change. So here is the kitchen and breakfast nook.

Looking at the breakfast nook from next to the stairs:

Looking at the kitchen from next to the stairs:

Looking down the hall toward the stairs, front door, and living room from the breakfast nook (not done decorating it yet, but just for some perspective):

Looking at the kitchen from the breakfast nook:

(My computer graphics aren't mind-blowing and these are compressed a bit, so things may not look as impressive. Also, my apologies for the sheer number of curtains this house has already acquired. I have a mild obsession, but if you want me to kill them, let me know.)

love1616

It looks awesome! I usually put curtains on all the windows, it makes it more lifelike Oh I love it! You are doing a fantastic job!

RIP Momma! Cancer sucks!

Post Reply Forum Index » Creative Corner
Go to: