Bel008 wrote:Problems I have been having since Pets.
With the internet off.
1. Freezing particularly in CAS. The longer you spend in CAS the more likely it will freeze. Can only visit CAS to change hair or clothes a few times per gaming session or it will freeze. Using “testingcheatsenabled true” seems to make the freezing worse.
2. Crashing to desktop when saving. I have tried to copy my sim families to a new saved game on a few occasions. When I go to save it crashes to desktop. Sometimes it will save once and then I play for a while and try to save it will crash. Have noticed that the file size is large between 200 and 300MB. So it might be the size of the file. I was using Riverview and had deleted five townie households and moved in five of my own Sim families. After this I tried only putting back three households still crashed. So I removed a lot of the store and premium content from my two inactive households. While keeping it in my active household and so far it hasn’t crashed and the file size is a bit under 200 MB. Whether it will start to crash when the file becomes larger?
I am not sure if this is a computer memory thing or not but would be like to know. I really love getting and using EP, SP and store content. It adds so much to my game but if it makes your game files so big that you have issues playing why would you. I am already worried if I change too much in my games it will make my save unplayable.
3. Exception raised error then crashing. I have been getting this occasionally for a while.
4. Changing pets in CAS. When I go into CAS to change features of a pet they always turn into creepy looking mutants and often the game will freeze. I don’t know if this is a graphics card issue.
With the internet on and logged in.
1. Error 12. I had never had it before but playing logged in I kept getting it.
2. Freezing particularly in CAS but also during gameplay.
3. Game moved very slowly and was quite sluggish.
It was rare for me to have to quit a game when playing logged in as it usually had some problem before that. I have never tried to simport because my game was having to many issues when I logged in.
I don’t use CC or mods.
I have been having the exact same problems I have reduced setting to make it run more smoothly but nothing works I have a 27' iMac screen and can't play it in full size and in fullscreen because it makes it crash even more! I have the setting at 1080p so that is doesn't crash as much. I can't enjoy my game I'm so frustrated!
I don't have Showtime, but I do have Pets and ever since I've installed this expansion pack, my Console has been full of error messages related to Cider. The problems that I have been experiencing are lagging and freezing at certain times especially after going into CAS. I've also noticed that whenever my sim throws a party especially a wedding, the invited sims don't really do anything up to the point that I'll have to reset them so they can go back home.
Same thing here...
Mine usually happens in CAS, and it is driving me crazy...
I usually end up using a bunch of families that I have already created which gets extremely boring
I really want them to fix it because this game is crashing literally every 2 minutes and I don't think it will help for me to put all of the error info, enough people have
PLEASE FIX EA!!!!
Same is happening to me! I have a top spec 15" MacBook Pro with 1gb of graphics. I know it's not the machine because I regularly use other games and have them spec'd up to max and they run fine with no crashes! I have all the expansions, including Supernatural. I have pre-ordered Seasons & I really hope when I install it, it will fix itself, but I have my doubts. It will totally ruin my gameplay. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall and waste a whole day doing so for it all to happen again. I don't particularly want to use my Bootcamp partition with windows 7, because I want to play sims on my MAC, which I SHOULD be able to do!!! If it still happens with Seasons I will have no choice but to do so. Sort this out for your Mac customers EA! Patch us pleaseeeese!
Oh Thank Lord I'm not the only one!...I've been plagued with Cider BS and poor designing since I started playing Sims 3..Believe me I've been a Sim player since It came out in 2000. And during Sim 1 and Sims 2 I've never had a single crash, even in a virus filled computer!! . Now I got a mac and it takes my 4 hours of restarting the sims 3 in order to get an outfit on my sim, forget about coloring it...might take another 3 hours . There's sooo many bugs in the system I got stretch out dogs looking like taffy walking across my sims' lawns. And don't even think about asking customer service about ur problems...I don't think they even own or ever played the sims. ur better off talking to a robot. I've re and uninstalled the Sims soo much that my disks don't even work anymore... And all I got as a response was BUY ANOTHER ONE!..WHAT!! another 50 bucks just to watch it crash and burn again!! I don't know whos the BRIGHT one in charge, but all they see is dollar signs$$$. They don't care about how much problems we're getting...As long as WE KEEP BUYING they DON'T CARE!
Joined: 05/29/09 07:52 AM
EA Support finally got back to me after two months. My last message was about "Yes it seems to be cider related we will get someone to look into it". Now i'm back to square one having people ask for my system info again!
They also ask for my system info to be saved as Text, but that function is no longer available. with the latest OS
Same here... and they told me to uninstall and install the whole thing again... I dont feel like spending a gazillion hours installing everything again when its EA Games fault by not fixing their problem with Cider!
I followed these steps from "angels_bakery" and I use to crash about every hour and I just finished playing for about three.
1. Download this wineskin http://wineskin.urgesoftware.com/tiki-index.php?page=Downloads 2. Right click once it's downloaded and click "Show Package Contents"
3. Find the Contents file then the MacOS file and in it you'll see "Wineskin Winery"
4. Click on, Applications<Sims 3
> 5. Right click on The Sims 3, click "Show Package Contents"
6. Click on, Contents<MacOS
> 7. Place the "Wineskin Winery" file in there.
I also play the game by deleting my caches, thumbnails, not logging in, play on medium graphics, and use mods/CC.
Here's the topic "angels_bakery" posted in: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/641974.page My expansion packs include: Late Night, Generations, & Showtime.
I also play with tons of content from the Sims 3 Store.