Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
"That's it. You're grounded! And you, too. And also you!"  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Mikezumi

Katimo wrote:I think its a good idea just poor execution. I don't like the fact that once a Sim is grounded they can't go to school, then they get yelled at even more.

I'm not against the idea of having it there as an optional interaction. I just don't like any kind of autonomous actions that can't be cancelled.

Jojo777

Mikezumi wrote:
Katimo wrote:I think its a good idea just poor execution. I don't like the fact that once a Sim is grounded they can't go to school, then they get yelled at even more.

I'm not against the idea of having it there as an optional interaction. I just don't like any kind of autonomous actions that can't be cancelled.

It can annoy me too, especially when I'm playing my wishacy and it's against the rules to have a parent unground a child- unless the parent wishes to do it!

But I find it hard to believe no one has made a mod to control this. Surely other people have felt the same way?

Simsister2004

Mikezumi wrote:... and people ask why Generations is sitting, sealed, under my desk, never to be installed

It's certainly installed, as I love much more than I don't like about it. But on my shelf, it's Late Night resting, never to be installed again. I get the creeps having vampires all over my town.
halouja

I'm torn with the whole grounding business; I quite like the idea of the parents doling out punishments for misbehaviour but then I'm disappointed too, because of the fact that they get into trouble if they try to go to school when they're grounded - which is totally ridiculous, what parent is going to stop their child from attending school?

Perhaps a patch one day might "tweak" this a little to make it a little more realist?

Mikezumi

Simsister2004 wrote:
Mikezumi wrote:... and people ask why Generations is sitting, sealed, under my desk, never to be installed

It's certainly installed, as I love much more than I don't like about it. But on my shelf, it's Late Night resting, never to be installed again. I get the creeps having vampires all over my town.

It's a good thing EPs are optional. If all this stuff came with the base game we would all have things to complain about ... at least this way we can pick and choose what we want

elelia1

It is a bit strange that they didn't make it optional.. although I also think the celebrity status should be optional in LN. (not that I have either expansions..)

Nik24X7

The grounding feature from Generations is my only dislike from that EP. 99% of the time, it's not the teens fault. And grounding a kid because he/she is going to school is ridiculous!
Cate_0014

In my game, when i ground my teens they can`t go to school!! Its so stupid! If thats the case, I would want to be grounded
TheMomminator

I like the grounding feature but they needed to tweak is that school and work were the only places the kid could go.
bloodempress

Simasaurus09 wrote:My Sim yelled at her daughter for leaving the house for school (she was grounded for skipping).. Err excuse my EA, whyyy did you make it work like this? Makes no sense.

And dad let her know that Moms just PMSing. But he busted in to tell her this before she used the bathroom. Weird

I can't stop laughing at this scenario. "Dad... can't this wait like two minutes? I gotta go."
NotSoLucky

Teenagers getting time outs?

Come on EA...

Forever & Always <3 My Dragons
friohur

Nik24X7 wrote:The grounding feature from Generations is my only dislike from that EP. 99% of the time, it's not the teens fault. And grounding a kid because he/she is going to school is ridiculous!

^this^

i would like it a bit better if i cancel the action when the parents queue it
though i have taken to stuffing said parent in a room with no doors when they queue it

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/16/12 06:15 PM

Mikezumi

friohur wrote:
Nik24X7 wrote:The grounding feature from Generations is my only dislike from that EP. 99% of the time, it's not the teens fault. And grounding a kid because he/she is going to school is ridiculous!

^this^

i would like it a bit better if i cancel the option when the parents queue it
though i have taken to stuffing said parent in a room with no doors when they queue that action

I imagine I would also be tempted to kill a few sims if I couldn't cancel an action that I didn't want

friohur

Mikezumi wrote:
friohur wrote:

^this^

i would like it a bit better if i cancel the option when the parents queue it
though i have taken to stuffing said parent in a room with no doors when they queue that action

I imagine I would also be tempted to kill a few sims if I couldn't cancel an action that I didn't want

i know i punished a few sims in TS2 by locking them up like that

but in 3 i usually play my favorite house and it's huge. it can take kids a while just to get to the gate and the bus
and sometimes the bus is late

Jed_Bartlet_02

Also kids getting scolded for skipping school when in fact they DID go to school, just that they were too slow to catch the bus and had to go to school on their bicycle. Never understood this.

Anyway, I usually make the parent let the kid off the hook and everything's fine again. My Sim's kids have not been grounded yet, though. Wouldn't the "let off the hook" option work for this?

Post Reply Forum Index » General Discussion (EN)
Go to: