Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
I'd like to thank the Academy, for giving me this opportunity, and... CRINRICT, TARYNTEMPESTWIND  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Katt777

geminiagre wrote:I really love the title of this thread , really creative and really funny

Are we reading each other's minds? (And don't mind me btw, I have a fever.)

Katt777

Ok... there is way too much mind reading going on in this thread... time for the ghost kitty to disappear

Elimarna

Blinding migraine...

So blinding...

I'll try to explain.

I was playing my Sim, Aria (featured in my avatar), over in Hidden Springs. We were having a great time! She got her first promotion at work, collected a few seeds, reached level 2 in cooking and logic and level 3 in athletic! It was fantastic and we were having a wonderful time.

Next thing I knew, a hunk of WOOD slammed into the back of my head! "OUCH!" I yelped as I lurched forward and fell to the ground. "What is WRONG with these people?" As the migraine almost immediately began to set in I felt around with one hand as I held the back of my head with the other. "What's this?" I asked, finding the offending chunk of wood.

It was the Bear Stump, you know the one? Some people like to put it in nurseries and other child-related rooms. I had just really looked at it for the first time this morning and thought it was really cute, so nxtashaxt apparently decided to throw one at me.

Not the way I had envisioned getting one.

But thank you, nxtashaxt! My university's mascot was the bear, so I am more than likely going to end up with, like, 3 dozen bear-obsessed sims at some point and this will be perfect for them. <3

nxtashaxt

Lol you're welcome, glad you liked it

Elimarna

For once, I'm grateful I come with a bit of extra padding.

You see, I was hosting this bachelorette party with my lovely IF-turned-Sim, Lucky Annie, getting her ready to get married to the love of her life, Christian Benoit. It went over pretty well, pretty much all the guests came, and they wouldn't stop laughing at my Legacy's poor heiress for the second generation, Celeste.

It was Celeste's fault. She's pregnant with her third child, at a minimum (she had twins already, it could happen again), and decided to show up at a "Dress to Impress" party wearing her bathing suit.

Perfect.

BUT I'M GETTING OFF-TRACK!

So there I was, getting my Sims all settled into bed after the party wore them out (even the men, who got stuck at home with the twins, but refused to take care of them, sleep, eat, or shower), and I decided it was time to share a few pictures on the forums. So I popped over and then heard a shout from off in the distance.

"Think fast!"

Uhh... WHAT? Then it hit me.

Literally. Right in the stomach. "OOMPH!" I grunted, stumbling backward and instinctively grabbing whatever had hit me.

It was nothing other than a Vine Mirror, come my way via starguru. Thanks, my stomach has a large welt now, and there may or may not be internal bleeding. At least the mirror didn't break.

What did I do to deserve this kind of treatment?! At least I have no need to fear for my wishlist just yet. It's huge and only part of what I want is on it. I would be wildly impressed if it got killed off, not to mention mildly concerned about people's sanity.

Thanks starguru!! I have roughly 785475982743 different uses for this. Or, you know, several. Nurseries and little girls' rooms and a fantasy fairy tale park's bathrooms... OHHH I'm getting excited.

starguru

Elimarna wrote:For once, I'm grateful I come with a bit of extra padding.

You see, I was hosting this bachelorette party with my lovely IF-turned-Sim, Lucky Annie, getting her ready to get married to the love of her life, Christian Benoit. It went over pretty well, pretty much all the guests came, and they wouldn't stop laughing at my Legacy's poor heiress for the second generation, Celeste.

It was Celeste's fault. She's pregnant with her third child, at a minimum (she had twins already, it could happen again), and decided to show up at a "Dress to Impress" party wearing her bathing suit.

Perfect.

BUT I'M GETTING OFF-TRACK!

So there I was, getting my Sims all settled into bed after the party wore them out (even the men, who got stuck at home with the twins, but refused to take care of them, sleep, eat, or shower), and I decided it was time to share a few pictures on the forums. So I popped over and then heard a shout from off in the distance.

"Think fast!"

Uhh... WHAT? Then it hit me.

Literally. Right in the stomach. "OOMPH!" I grunted, stumbling backward and instinctively grabbing whatever had hit me.

It was nothing other than a Vine Mirror, come my way via starguru. Thanks, my stomach has a large welt now, and there may or may not be internal bleeding. At least the mirror didn't break.

What did I do to deserve this kind of treatment?! At least I have no need to fear for my wishlist just yet. It's huge and only part of what I want is on it. I would be wildly impressed if it got killed off, not to mention mildly concerned about people's sanity.

Thanks starguru!! I have roughly 785475982743 different uses for this. Or, you know, several. Nurseries and little girls' rooms and a fantasy fairy tale park's bathrooms... OHHH I'm getting excited.

You're welcome! Glad you like, and I'm especially glad you caught it!

And what did you do to deserve this treatment, you ask? It might have been taunting all of us with that looooooooooooong WL of yours. It's just sitting there, waiting. So are we.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 05/19/12 04:56 AM

Elimarna

starguru wrote: You're welcome! Glad you like, and I'm especially glad you caught it!

And what did you do to deserve this treatment, you ask? It might have been taunting all of us with that looooooooooooong WL of yours. It's just sitting there, waiting. So are we.

But I don't have SP, so I can't fire back, so my WL should, in my random theory of WL theory, be left alone.

*hides her WL somewhere to keep it safe*

On another note, the one gift I would currently be more than happy to accept (but know better than to think I will receive it) is that baby swing thing. My Sim's first two babies, twins, just aged up to toddlers THE SAME DAY that she had her second set of twins.

All are girls.

The first set was tough enough.

I am going to die.

But my legacy family will definitely be able to continue, seeing that it's a first-born matriarchy. Heiress vote will have to come into play, because I probably won't be able to choose.

Oh, also, one of the second set is evil. I'm pretty excited.

But yes, I do really like that mirror. It's unbelievably cute and perfect for several ideas I have.

starguru

I don't think I like your random theory. Doesn't sound like much fun.

I hear you. One baby is easy; twins are much more difficult. Could've been triplets, though. Can you imagine?

All girls?? O.o I usually try to have one of each when I'm having multiples.

I'm so glad you like the mirror, though.

Elimarna

starguru wrote:I don't think I like your random theory. Doesn't sound like much fun.

I hear you. One baby is easy; twins are much more difficult. Could've been triplets, though. Can you imagine?

My game is currently mod-free and I'm going by as many Legacy rules as I can remember, so no cheats (and randomized traits... hehehe). I don't even know how to influence pregnancies other than the eating watermelon for girls thing and that reading pregnancy books do something. I just let whatever is going to happen happen.

starguru

Elimarna wrote:
starguru wrote:I don't think I like your random theory. Doesn't sound like much fun.

My game is currently mod-free and I'm going by as many Legacy rules as I can remember, so no cheats (and randomized traits... hehehe). I don't even know how to influence pregnancies other than the eating watermelon for girls thing and that reading pregnancy books do something. I just let whatever is going to happen happen.

I guess it depends on whether you think the apple/watermelon thing is a cheat. I don't. So I watch kids TV and listen to kids radio to get twins, then find out what gender I'm expecting. The game only tells you one, so then I go and eat the appropriate fruit to influence the gender of the second.

I usually plan my families out, lol.

Elimarna

starguru wrote:I guess it depends on whether you think the apple/watermelon thing is a cheat. I don't. So I watch kids TV and listen to kids radio to get twins, then find out what gender I'm expecting. The game only tells you one, so then I go and eat the appropriate fruit to influence the gender of the second.

Not a cheat. Random fruit obsession.

Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

*makes note of the need for some mega apples*

The sad thing is that I didn't even know about the kids tv and radio thing and Celeste never listens to/watches either of them. She plays chess and practices Sim Fu basically all the time.

I can tell you plan them out. That's fabulous. I can currently barely keep up with my family, so planning them out wouldn't work too well.

(and about how fun my theory is, it's not meant to be fun, it's meant to keep me from feeling guilty because then I can just holler at people who give me gifts when I can't return the favor... And then thank them profusely because I'm actually extremely grateful for all the kind people on here, it's just more fun to pretend to be upset in the most obvious way I can manage)

Katt777

I hope you don't mind but you may have some more visits to your studio...

Elimarna

Katt777 wrote:I hope you don't mind but you may have some more visits to your studio...

That is one thing I will never mind, unless my studio spontaneously combusts and every single nice thing disappears in the flames and leaves only yucky stuff that should never have existed in the first place.

If that were to happen now, that would leave nothing, since I currently like everything in there.

starguru

Elimarna wrote:
starguru wrote:I guess it depends on whether you think the apple/watermelon thing is a cheat. I don't. So I watch kids TV and listen to kids radio to get twins, then find out what gender I'm expecting. The game only tells you one, so then I go and eat the appropriate fruit to influence the gender of the second.

Not a cheat. Random fruit obsession.

Or at least that's what I keep telling myself.

*makes note of the need for some mega apples*

The sad thing is that I didn't even know about the kids tv and radio thing and Celeste never listens to/watches either of them. She plays chess and practices Sim Fu basically all the time.

I can tell you plan them out. That's fabulous. I can currently barely keep up with my family, so planning them out wouldn't work too well.

(and about how fun my theory is, it's not meant to be fun, it's meant to keep me from feeling guilty because then I can just holler at people who give me gifts when I can't return the favor... And then thank them profusely because I'm actually extremely grateful for all the kind people on here, it's just more fun to pretend to be upset in the most obvious way I can manage)

Yup. Prego Sims have cravings. So what if certain foods determine baby gender?

I schedule TV time for my pregnant Sims if I want twins, and hardly ever have any Sim watch it otherwise, lol.

I love playing huge families, so I kinda have to plan them out, especially if I don't want them to always have to move when the family grows. It has nothing to do with being controlling or perfectionistic. Yeah, right.

Oh, I totally understand. I do the same thing myself, since I can't always gift others as often or as much as I'd like to.

Elimarna

I kind of want to cry right now.

Not in pain, although bumping into a baby swing with your shins while stumbling around in the dark can be quite painful, especially when you have NO IDEA it's there. I want to cry because I am honestly surprised to have been gifted the baby swing not long after I mentioned I don't have it and could really, genuinely use it about now for those twins I mentioned.

Morakai, you are too kind for words and I will find some way to pay in kind.

I'm also glad you love your house.

Thank you times infinity. My Legacy family thanks you, as well.

Post Reply Forum Index » Gift Gathering -Thank Yous & Gifting
Go to: