Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Advanced Rendering bug in diving  XML
Forum Index » Island Paradise
afpickren

Yep, me too. Wow, this is disappointing. I was wondering why it was still a bit fuzzy :\

StarlingGray

JazminAdore wrote:I'm having the same issue, I have geforce gtx 650 ti. All of my settings are the highest they can be except lot detail which is on four. I wonder why, I thought advanced rendering was supposed to enhance textures and whatnot...?

I have the same exact card.. haven't tried diving underwater, yet. I wonder if I'll have the same issue... I hope not, lol... because my GPU is generally considered to be a pretty good one. You may need to update to the most recent driver if you haven't already.

I'll be Peter Pan, and you just be pretty.
Angeltear6547

Thank you for finding out this bug. I was so disappointed when I saw that my underwater was such low resolution. I couldn't see fish or treasure. I turned it off like you suggested and its so crisp and clear now! I am so relieved I can play underwater now.
Sucks that I have to turn it off but it'll do until an official fix comes out!!
sam123

Will they ever fix this? I have the ATI 5670 card and this issue sucks. I hope they really do make a fix for this. I feel like this issue is somehow related to the Pets issue concerning the fur.

Let there be OFB. We've waited long enough.
gogogorillah

I had the same problem too- what worked for me was going to "options" in the menu tab and changing the "lighting and shadows" to high.
antsims310

I think I have this same problem though it doesn't really bother me. My sims can still go scuba diving. I don't want to turn off advanced rendering because then everything will just not look nice.

Schantal

Having the same issue and I have the best graphic card on the market (Nvidia 680m) as well as a gaming rig so its def not a "hardware" problem.

I honestly was so confused at first and thought that they just didn't bother with the graphics under the water until I saw your thread and many others and realized it isn't suppose to look like that.

Edit: gogogorillah, thanks so much for the suggestion, going to try that when I go into my game next time. I thought I had everything set to high, but maybe that one isn't. Gonna check when I play next .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/02/13 08:55 PM

EiraRose

Unfortunately, I'm having the same issue, only mine is amplified.
With Advanced Rendering on, my game runs as per usual... except that all lots that are underwater/partially underwater have a solid blue floor. There is no sandy texture... nothing. I turn off advance rendering and everything underwater/partially underwater works fine... but suddenly the land becomes masses of giant yellow blobs. If I want to dive under water, I have to turn advance rendering off. If I want to even come out of the water I have to turn it back on, save and restart my game. It's a frustrating game of tag. I hope EA gets it together and fixes this soon. The way my game is... it's unplayable.

Edit to say my computer is a year old, and my graphics card is definitely above par (AMD Raedon HD 7770). I have a great processor and plenty of space and CPU processing power.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 07/02/13 09:52 PM

Zeula

I have this same problem. I usually load the game with it turned on, then turn it off, then back on again and it fixes underwater. If I load my game with it off it makes the terrain on the whole map all messed up.

nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan-nyan!
TheTallDarkTruth

Happening to me too. I was wondering why the underwater graphics were so bad on my game but on other peoples screen shots they looked beautiful I found this forum. Unchecked Advanced rendering and its fine underwater and when I went back to land it didn't look any different so I though I wonder what AR does so I check it on again to see the difference and nothing changed. I went scuba diving forgetting I had checked AR on again and it was crystal clear (like the first time I unchecked AR). Really really weird. It's ll working fine and clear now. Hmmm. Strange

Forum Index » Island Paradise
Go to: