Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Expansion and Recession  XML
Forum Index » World Adventures
johnwalterman

Of all genres of games that are bad for poor people, The Sims is the WORST.
EA wants you to buy pixel furniture from the store, get every little expansion they shoot out, and then go get one of their Sim cashcow failures like MySims and SimAnimals.
If I were unemployed, I would be trying to get a JOB, not watching my Sims live in the lap of luxury and earning thousands a day

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/16/09 11:40 AM

Birkettboy55

Location:Here, There...mainly here coz I havent been there yet

You obviously haven't heard of WoW or Second life?

they basically need money to play, so the amount spent on Sims is FAR less than these other almost similar games.

Arrin has saved allot apparently from quitting WoW

BBoy

RoffeyGlesh

Surprisingly, game.co.uk has got a surprising price tag for this pre-order. Last time i checked, it was 39.99-for an ep! Usually, they are 20 pounds!
sgreen37

What do you mean everyone is out of a job? I don't know one person that is out of a job because of the recession. This recession isn't all that bad.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 08/16/09 08:47 PM

Daisy745

Beadazzle50 wrote:
With everyone being out of work and not just in the good ole USA,how can any of us afford a game much less a expansion to the sims3 game. Ea makes alot of money and i imagine they have been hit to by all this recession stuff just not hit hard enough to have some pity on the people who keep them in business.

For once i would like to see a gaming company give us gamers a break on prices. Even when this recession was at it's worst we still didn't see a break in prices. Of course they knew we would dig hard and deep to come up with the money to buy their game in hopes that it was as good as Sims2 and from what i read all over the web,there is a mixed opinion about the new Sims3 game. I'd say on the average it rates an 8 by what i've read for most of the game.

Personaly i love the graphics much better than Sims2,but then again i'm into graphics. Now as far as what i'd like to see in the game for improvement before they go adding expanions out the wazooo is improvements in the building section especially on the houses. I would love to see the ability to build spiral stair cases for one. I would love to see more than one or two styles of showers and bath tubs. It gets tireing of seeing the same tub and shower all the time.

They did good on the plants,i think but it still needs more also. It would be nice to add snow,but i suppose you could do that with one of the patterns in the game. The accessories has a lot to be desired,like we could use more things to put in womens hair and more hair styles,more jewelry and so on. Those are just a few ideas i have of what i would like in the game.

I think the idea of traveling around the world is great and discovering things is neato,but give me more to build with. I'm not sure i'll be buying the expansion anytime soon and I'll wait and see what others say when they get their hands on it in the USA.

For now i'm saving all my money and learning how to build houses,just might build other buildings to. SO what's everyone else think about this game buying and the recession mix?

The base costs 50 dollars...fine.
The new expansion pack, 40 dolalrs...?!!
Okay, one it will proably be as bad as the base was at the begining.
Two, it will make people's games slower...
Three, at this rate, they will have twice as many EP's as they did for sims 2. More moneeeyyy...
Four, we're not made of money.

So I'm jsut waiting till ALLL the Ep's come out, and then I'll pick the best ones and the ones I like best and buy those. Or may be not...who knows, I have bad patience... ;p

But I'm jsut complaining, again. EA's not gonna do anything anyway.

Daisy745

Birkettboy55 wrote:You obviously haven't heard of WoW or Second life?

they basically need money to play, so the amount spent on Sims is FAR less than these other almost similar games.

Arrin has saved allot apparently from quitting WoW

BBoy

Yeah, but Wow is WAY more fun, it always keeps you busy, and ugh, stop making me want to play Wow again, looollll ;p

sgreen37

The base costs 50 dollars...fine.
The new expansion pack, 40 dolalrs...?!!
Okay, one it will proably be as bad as the base was at the begining.
Two, it will make people's games slower...
Three, at this rate, they will have twice as many EP's as they did for sims 2. More moneeeyyy...
Four, we're not made of money.

So I'm jsut waiting till ALLL the Ep's come out, and then I'll pick the best ones and the ones I like best and buy those. Or may be not...who knows, I have bad patience... ;p

But I'm jsut complaining, again. EA's not gonna do anything anyway.

Your probably right about it probably making our games slower and causing all our computers to crash every 20 min again. But, I doubt you will be able to wait for all the expansions to come out before you buy any, because I know I wouldn't be able to. lol.
Abintra

Beadazzle50 wrote:Sheesh people since when is it against the rules to voice ones opinion on the net. Heck no i didn't say a thing about unemploying anyone at ea. I didn't complaine about what's not in the game. What i did say was i would like to see a few things added and maybe the price shouldn't be so high. Maybe people need to learn to read and think before they get all bent out of shape.If i didn't like the game so much i wouldn't voice my opinion,but seeing this is a forum that jumps on people,i think i'll bow out and find a place where People don't take everything so seriously. Get a life a Sims3 life hahahahaha and learn to have fun.

Or; you could learn to deal with it when people disagree with you instead of ditching the site alltogether.

LizMarie1085

At the moment $40 doesn't seem like a lot of money compared to everything else. Obviously those that are complaining don't own or play xBox/PS3 because those games are $60-$70 come out every month and try to trade one in after having it for a week.. it drops to half price.. Half the time you win or complete the game there's nothing else to do. At least with the sims 3 you can continue to play it and switch up the storyline etc.

With my school charging me $10,000 a semester when I have no money, I can't find a job and my mom is only a maid... that's unfair! When the MTA throws in a fair hike in the middle of the recession up to $2.25 for a freaking bus/train ride... that's unfair! We're still paying close to $3 for a gallon of gas... that's unfair! Rent keeps going up and up just the other day my sister was about to be out on the street because her 2bedroom apt. went from $1300 all the way up to $1900!... now that's unfair!

So you can see why I don't see that the sims 3 new Ep isn't expensive in at all at $40.

Sorry I had a little rant, I'm stressed!

rodier1128

If your so bad off, why do you have a computer... or internet?

really, if you dont have $50 every 6 months to spend on somthing you WANT you need to reevaluate your priorities and get rid of unescicery things like cellphone, etra V chanels and internet.

SeaMonsterDylan

While I do feel that $40-$50 is more than I want to pay, I have to think of it in terms of value. What is it's value to me? Entertainment/Creative Outlet. How much use will I get out of it? Well, when it first came out, I took a lot of time off work to play and probably logged about 40 hours per week playing... now I'm down to about 8. But the point is, since I'm paid by the hour, I think of investments in hours as well... At this point the value to me is probably about a penny for each hour of gameplay. Compare that to a 2 hour movie that costs $10.00 (not including popcorn and drinks). I'd much rather have a game that I can play for several months for the same price as 4 movies at the theater... or two CDs that I will tire of faster.

Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: