Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Read this! Cyclic Redundancy Check (Updated 6/4/09, 18:00 CDT)  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
PML07

This is REALLY frustrating...the game is practically 98% installed, but it just won't finish cause of the CRC error! It keeps getting stuck on the FullBuild1.Package. I've been installing this game for almost 9 hours straight so i'm not about to cancel the installation and start over. Defragmenting my comp now...we'll see if that does anything. Why is it so slow???
Colgate37

I had the same thing come up. Ran the defrag and nothing happened. Second time I just pressed ignore, seemed to finish the installation so I will cross my fingers.
NoDakGypsy

PML07 wrote:This is REALLY frustrating...the game is practically 98% installed, but it just won't finish cause of the CRC error! It keeps getting stuck on the FullBuild1.Package. I've been installing this game for almost 9 hours straight so i'm not about to cancel the installation and start over. Defragmenting my comp now...we'll see if that does anything. Why is it so slow???

My install also had problems when it got to the FullBuild1.Package
MCole54

I defragged and it didn't help a bit. So. I haven't tried just hitting Ignore for the CRC error, let me know what that does.
Colgate37

Ignore doesnt work. It took me through the rest of the installation, but when I went to play the game it wouldnt run it. Oh well.. had to try.
MCole54

I did try to install the game on my laptop and it worked. Of course my laptop isn't at all set up for that, so I'm not going to play it. But that's a little disheartening... Could it be all of our computers not up to spec somehow?
xxemylizzlexx

I'm starting to think this was the biggest waste of money ever. I've been trying to install this game all day. I have officially memorized my game code because I have entered it so many times. I ran the defrag for my computer, attempted to restart it, and nothing. I'm going to try the ignore thing, but from what you guys are saying, I can already tell this won't work.

I'm just hoping that there will be something soon to fix this completely...
Katora

I was able to install this on my husbands computer just fine, but I can't really play on his computer, he's on it all the time. I was also able to install it on my laptop without a problem. However, my laptops video card is crap, so I wont be playing on there either. My desktop is an amazing computer - and should run the game beautifully - but it will not install. I've even come to the point of desperation of restoring my desktop to its factory condition to see if something along the way I've done has caused my computer to not accept this game, or this game to not accept my computer, whichever. I hated doing that, but I did back up all my pictures and stuff. If this doesn't fix the problem - I don't know what I'll do, besides cry like a baby.

So far I have a very expensive spiffy flash drive out of this. :/
LonerACE24

hey all make sure that ur cd is clean and free of scratches witch can happen also if ur comp is older try cleaning ur dvd drive if that doesnt work and ur computer is at the min specs then i would thinking about getting a new dvd drive
saveoursouls2008

MCole54 wrote:I did try to install the game on my laptop and it worked. Of course my laptop isn't at all set up for that, so I'm not going to play it. But that's a little disheartening... Could it be all of our computers not up to spec somehow?

Have you seen how many pages are on this forum? It's EAs lack of help and programming. Every bodies computer is not below req. spec. I have a brand new computer, so do a lot of simmers yet we can't play the game. Ill show you on a cute little graph how well my specs are better than minimum.

(...................1..........2)

The 1 here represents min. spec. The 2 represents how far ahead my specs are compared to the minimum.

“Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds."
MCole54

Katora, let me know how restoring your computer to it's factory default works for you.
SimNique

Sorry guys but yes... I followed the steps to no avail. And I have been so excited for months waiting for it to come out and hours today waiting for it to install only to get the CRC code error.

EA this is disappointing....
chrissyms0

go to http://help.thesims.com and search for cyclic redundancy Check
DonJuan

Hello all, sorry to hear about your issues with CRC checks.

For Disc based Simmers:

Something that you could try to do would be to copy the contents of the install DVD to a folder on your hard drive and install from there.

I just successfully installed Sims 3 from the DVD so I cannot attest to whether or not this will solve the issue.

If interested follow these steps:

1. First, run Windows/Microsoft Update if an internet connection is available and look for any Hardware updates that are related to your DVD drive and install them.
1. Then create a folder called something to the effect of "Sims3Install" (without quotes) on your hard drive, (e.g. C:\Sims3Install\).
2. After which, insert the Sims 3 DVD into your DVD-ROM drive.
3. Close the Autorun prompt that appears and open My Computer.
4. Navigate to your DVD Drive and select all the files/folders (you can also press the Ctrl + A keys).
5. At this point drag and drop all the files/folders into the \Sims3Install\ folder.
6. After the file copy process completes open the \Sims3Install\ folder and double-click the "Sims3Setup.exe" and attempt to install from the Hard Disk.

Hopefully this will help some with the CRC issue.

If anyone attempts this please post your results.

Best of luck and hang in there.

--------
|UPDATE|
--------

As chrissyms0 had mentioned, upon searching the thesims3.com/help site for "Cyclic Redundancy Check" EA has also included these steps as a possible work around. There steps may be easier to follow then the ones posted above.

DIRECT LINK TO SIMS 3 HELP ANSWER

Answer

This is typically caused by an error reading the disk. There are a number of steps that will help to prevent this error from occurring.

* End all unnecessary background processes. This will help insure that the installation is not conflicting with programs and processes running concurrently.
o How to end background processes
* If that does not resolve the issue, you should continue with some basic installation troubleshooting. These steps will resolve conflicts with the actual installer, itself.
o Installation troubleshooting steps
* If you still experience the issue, try CD-ROM troubleshooting to verify the integrity of the disk.
o CD-ROM troubleshooting steps

* If none of this works, you will want to attempt a hard drive installation of the game. In this process, you copy the game files to the Desktop, so that the disk, although necessary for running the game, is not necessary for installation.

1. Right-click the Desktop, select New, and select Folder.
2. Insert the Install Disk into the drive.
3. Exit any autoplay screen that may appear.
4. Open My Computer.
5. Right-click the CD-ROM drive containing the Install Disk and select Open.
6. Click Edit at the top of the window.
7. Click Select All.
8. Click Edit again.
9. Click Copy.
10. Close the window.
11. Right-click the New Folder on your desktop and select Paste. (The game files will now copy.)
12. Once the files from the Install Disk are copied proceed to step 20. (Edited by DonJuan to remove the multiple Disc steps, since there are none as someone pointed out )
20. Upon completion, remove all disks from any drives.
21. Double-click the Setup folder.
22. Double-click on the Sims3Setup.exe icon, looks like two silver arrows and a half-cirle on a blue background. (The installation should now begin.)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 06/03/09 04:38 AM

simzees

I have been getting this error message too. I am giving the above approach a shot. I am pretty desperate at this point seeing as I have been trying to install this **** game for almost 12 hours now. I will let you guys know if it actually works.

Right now it is telling me I have 56 minutes remaining for the files to copy. Sigh. Wish me luck!

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: