Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
MOVED: The Badge Thread (Unattainable, glitched, etc.)  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
eilian

MeyersParrot wrote:
I gave my magician the lucky trait, but I think I also had clumbsy or forgetful (or both) as well. I saved my game first then when he was able to do this trick, I placed the box at home and got him to try it there. He got it the first attempt. Other magicians did not unlock the badge so it may be based on traits

Thanks! I'll let you know what works for me. Fingers crossed I finally get this one today.
eilian

khynnea wrote:

I gave my magician temporarily the

Unlucky
Hydrophobic
Clumsy
Loser

traits.

Then I shift-ctrl clicked away ALL positive mood buffs that he had while performing this trick.

Thanks khynnea, it worked! I've tried so many times, but after following your suggestion, it worked in five seconds. I threw in Hates the Outdoors for good measure since his box was on the patio. I thought I'd never get this badge!

Sorry for all the posts, I think I'm done for a while
KimberleyMonty

I earned a bunch of badges that I never got credit for. I am upset because I have finished most of the badges but I won't get anything for them because there are a few in each grouping that don't work. Is there anything I can do? I have already tried redoing some and still didn't get credit. The following are the ones I had trouble with:

1.)Steal with Style - Have as Evil Sim become a Master Thief in the Criminal Career then steal candy from 20 babies. (My Sim had 15 babies and 30 grandchildren and stole from over 30 of them)

2.)Profoundly Perfect Dishes - Have Sims prepare 200 perfect meals. (Tried twice and kept paper tally)

3.)Going the Distance - Have Sims jog a total of 2000 kilometers. (Tried twice distance was recorded in Sims skills page)Note didn't use treadmill

4.) The Show Must Go On - Perform a Legendary Acrobat Show in a Big Show Venue as a Ghost. (Did several times using a ghost potion)

5.) Legendary Performer - Have a Sim put on a Legendary Show as an Acrobat.(Appeared in memory book but no badge)

Did anyone else get these?
eilian

KimberleyMonty, the only 2 I've completed so far are Legendary Performer, which came pretty easily, and Going The Distance. The second one gave me some headaches the first couple times I tried, but after advice I got here I sent two of my sims to the gym in SS with needs static and just let 'em go to it on the treadmill. The badge popped up after two or three days I think. Actually, I got the jogging badge and the cardio workout badge at just about the same time.

I'm working on Steal With Style in a custom world I haven't played in a while. It's the same game where I apparently messed up the 15 kids badge using too many helpful cheats so who knows if I'll be successful with it cuz those are the kids I was stealing candy from.

I've tried Profoundly Perfect Dishes once but again, I used some cheats along the way by pushing my sim along to Master Chef and overall trying to hurry things. It was frustrating spending all that time and then not getting the badge.

The Show Must Go On is one of the next ones I'll be attempting. Haven't tried it yet.
Anmirla

KimberleyMonty wrote:I earned a bunch of badges that I never got credit for. I am upset because I have finished most of the badges but I won't get anything for them because there are a few in each grouping that don't work. Is there anything I can do? I have already tried redoing some and still didn't get credit. The following are the ones I had trouble with:

1.)Steal with Style - Have as Evil Sim become a Master Thief in the Criminal Career then steal candy from 20 babies. (My Sim had 15 babies and 30 grandchildren and stole from over 30 of them)

2.)Profoundly Perfect Dishes - Have Sims prepare 200 perfect meals. (Tried twice and kept paper tally)

3.)Going the Distance - Have Sims jog a total of 2000 kilometers. (Tried twice distance was recorded in Sims skills page)Note didn't use treadmill

4.) The Show Must Go On - Perform a Legendary Acrobat Show in a Big Show Venue as a Ghost. (Did several times using a ghost potion)

5.) Legendary Performer - Have a Sim put on a Legendary Show as an Acrobat.(Appeared in memory book but no badge)

Did anyone else get these?

I got all of these. I'm not sure what advice to give you on some of them because they just don't trigger sometimes.

The one that I believe you are doing incorrectly is #4. You aren't using an actual ghost? I can't imagine that a ghost potion would work because the Sim would not be coded as a Ghost to trigger the badge.

I was having trouble with the Legendary Performer because it seems there may be a glitch. My Sims would put on legendary shows, get the announcement saying so, have the moodlet and still didn't get the badge. It wasn't until after I found a mod on MTS that made legendary shows easier did it trigger.

emi285

Well I'm glad I am not crazy/irritated in this alone...I did the Vice one (Have a sim get to Vice in political and business but no higher) and voila....nothing :/. Now I'm wondering if I want to bother with trying to get other badges...
jwghost

emi285 wrote:Well I'm glad I am not crazy/irritated in this alone...I did the Vice one (Have a sim get to Vice in political and business but no higher) and voila....nothing :/. Now I'm wondering if I want to bother with trying to get other badges...

You are doing it wrong! Now that your sim are a vice, leave the job and start a business career, try to be a vice in this career and voila the badge!

jwghost

111 badges, but the All about town don't unlocked for me my sim is a genie and rest a lot of magician stamps to be earned.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 04/26/12 09:50 AM

LRM09

I did the 15 baby challenge, which was a hard one and never got the badge for it..

khynnea

Snipped to get to this part...

Anmirla wrote:Another possibility is something happening on the server side. Something screws up for just that brief moment when you achieve the badge and it would be enough to jip you out of it.

This system is so flawed that it really is hard to track down the causes. Unfortunately, you can give advice but it still may not work for someone else - that's the worst part.

Something else I forgot to mention:
If you know you have a corrupt save (I had several while Simporting) and you copy your family to the library to move them to a clean save, you will need to start some of the badges over again. You will lose the count for the tip ones and others.

Yes, I think it's a server side / client side glitch too. Something with the communication. This whole "earn badges while you are offline and get credit when you log in" is ... messed up majorly. Or a lot of the complaints we see here wouldn't be here. Flawed is a gentle way to put it

And yes doubly so, I think that this thread is great just to communicate so we see how one person is getting it one way and another person another, even if the two ways didn't work switched around. It helps emphasize that the glitchiness isn't all in our heads. If that makes sense. I've been so careful not to use mods while working on 200 perfect meals rebuilding a perfect garden to make that easier and just had two sims disappear. So I had to plop overwatch back in or the game would be lost. Now I have to worry that while I'm at meal 100ish, and ensorcel 15 if I those tallies don't count (eg, is the game corrupt).

This footer out of date. La la la.
khynnea

KimberleyMonty wrote:I earned a bunch of badges that I never got credit for. I am upset because I have finished most of the badges but I won't get anything for them because there are a few in each grouping that don't work. Is there anything I can do? I have already tried redoing some and still didn't get credit. The following are the ones I had trouble with:

After my mega-game and trying to get a lot/most all at once, the stragglers I found were easier (and saner) to get one or so at a time in mini games. You know the game is less likely to get corrupt, you can speed through a lot of it, and apparently you can go ahead and use make needs static? mods... At this point my belief is the shorter the game the fewer things can go wrong the better.

KimberleyMonty wrote:1.)Steal with Style - Have as Evil Sim become a Master Thief in the Criminal Career then steal candy from 20 babies. (My Sim had 15 babies and 30 grandchildren and stole from over 30 of them)

I made a household with four or five babies? and had mods (MC) and put the babies on the porch using reset household. The parents couldn't get them all inside at once so I went from kid to kid and stole candy. I watched my svelte sexy thief become a porker before my eyes. I got the badge in a few minutes time. (Once he was master thief.)

KimberleyMonty wrote:2.)Profoundly Perfect Dishes - Have Sims prepare 200 perfect meals. (Tried twice and kept paper tally)

Working on this one now for the second time. I've got ample goods in the fridge. I'm tempted to just put three stoves in and cook indefinitely.

KimberleyMonty wrote:3.)Going the Distance - Have Sims jog a total of 2000 kilometers. (Tried twice distance was recorded in Sims skills page)Note didn't use treadmill

I'm playing SS, and I got this one by having four or five sims jog from the house to the edge of town (I lived in the middle of town) every day for a few weeks. I did not pay attention to it. I just had them run until fatigued. It would be boring but you could do a household of 8, familyfunds a ton of cash so no one had to work, and just have them run from one end of town to the other then let them do whatever until rested. Like I said, many ways to get these, but it's so BUGGY if I had to do it over I might take that approach.

KimberleyMonty wrote:4.) The Show Must Go On - Perform a Legendary Acrobat Show in a Big Show Venue as a Ghost. (Did several times using a ghost potion)

No matter what I did I couldn't get this one until I killed my acrobat, rezzed them as a ghost, and then had them rejoin the acrobat career and perform for tips. Then got BOTH of these at the same time spontaneously in the park.

TenderWolf

Anmirla wrote:

All about Town is Simporting one of your Sim to each type of venue. I hated this one because it took 3 trys in different households before it finally triggered for me.
Stage Magic is in your own game.

Thanks for clearing that up.

It's too bad that a lot of people are still having issues with the badges. And it's even more frustrating that some can get them and some can't (I'm looking at you Abracadabra). I wonder, my magician is a genie, so maybe that's why I haven't gotten any of those badges (Stage Magic and Abracadabra). I'm going to try just a normal human (need Kids Party Tricks anyway) and see if that helps. I only did a genie or the Genie Out of a Bottle achievement and the one where you perform as a genie magician. lol

khynnea

Thanks to all those of you who gave me the confidence to try with mods.

My last/latest attempt at 200 perfect dishes had gotten corrupt with the sims going invisible, so I threw my mods back in and left them there after my visit to this thread.

Just got the badge last night after a couple days of cooking.

The one thing I did try do was static needs. That was just a matter of preference. On the tip badges, I did use testing cheats to click off the fatigued moodlet so I could perform 2-3 times in a row, then went home to rest/eat/etc. I know I could probably have done static needs and just stood in the same spot, but I like to play the game without cheats generally, just as a preference.

Now to see about ensorceling. So close. I'm just sending people to classes Or making them pull weeds for me.

jwghost

TenderWolf wrote:
Anmirla wrote:

All about Town is Simporting one of your Sim to each type of venue. I hated this one because it took 3 trys in different households before it finally triggered for me.
Stage Magic is in your own game.

Thanks for clearing that up.

It's too bad that a lot of people are still having issues with the badges. And it's even more frustrating that some can get them and some can't (I'm looking at you Abracadabra). I wonder, my magician is a genie, so maybe that's why I haven't gotten any of those badges (Stage Magic and Abracadabra). I'm going to try just a normal human (need Kids Party Tricks anyway) and see if that helps. I only did a genie or the Genie Out of a Bottle achievement and the one where you perform as a genie magician. lol

I earned the Stage Magic badge with a genie.

KimberleyMonty

Hi,

Since I posted previously I did the cooking one for the third time and got it. This time I just had 4 Sims with 4 stoves cooking almost steadily to see if it would work if I did it in a much shorter time frame.

I also got the jogging one using multiple Sims.

I redid the brawling one using multiple Sims but it still didn't work. Any advice?

Thanks so much for those that responded previously. I was really down on the game for a while but I'm feeling a bit better about it now.

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: