Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Tombs no longer work in Egypt  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Illumeia

Tombs don't work in Egypt for me anymore. And by "don't work" I mean, they don't work. I can get into the first room of a tomb either by going clicking "use stairs" or clicking "go through door" depending on how a tomb is first accessed. Beyond that I can't click anywhere, it just says "no interactions available". I have discovered this one pushable statue I can click on in Abu Simbel, yeah the one you can't actually push cos it's got things all around it (ie non-pushable statues) and I don't know how how to get through the tomb because I can't read the sign in side the room cos I can't click on it. I can't even click on the floor and make my sim move there. In fact, if I go to the tombs I have explored and use the "go down a floor" button, I can only go down one floor and the button is greyed out. So all in all, it seems my game has stopped recognising tombs at all. I went home then came back to Egypt and found that for a little while I was able to use the "go down a floor" button normally, but I went and did a few other things and then tried to enter a tomb (the Abu Simbel) and the same thing happened. So yeah, nice bug eh?
Syarra

This is happening for me as well for China and France I can see a pile of gold coins and I try to click on it and it just says "No interactions available." I have had it happen in the middle of tombs (when it first started) and just going down into them will cause the sim to just stand there and do nothing. Can not even get out without escape powder. Can not move, can not click on any objects. The base game seems fine when sims is back at home.
Illumeia

Syarra wrote:This is happening for me as well for China and France I can see a pile of gold coins and I try to click on it and it just says "No interactions available." I have had it happen in the middle of tombs (when it first started) and just going down into them will cause the sim to just stand there and do nothing. Can not even get out without escape powder. Can not move, can not click on any objects. The base game seems fine when sims is back at home.

Well, actually I can move and everything and I can just walk back out of the tomb. I just can't do anything to the tombs.
PolarBabe

I am having this same problem! My sim is an avid adventurer. He was in China completing an opportunity, when he was told to defeat the big bad mummy boss at the Dragon Cave. I can make him go down the stairs, but it won't let him interact with anything. He has the keystone and the place where he's supposed to put it is sparkling, but he can't do anything at all down there

UPDATE: I found a work around. If I leave China and then come back, the tomb suddenly works again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/14/10 12:34 AM

cedad

Same problem here, also with the Dragon Cave.

The way I see it, the bug could come from the stairs : It's the only interaction I get when I cross the threshold.

Plus when I want to change the level of floor view (ie : visually explore the lower levels), the button goes grey as if there was no underground floor.

I tried reloading the game : didn't work. I guess I'll have to leave and come back as PolarBabe did, but that means postpone my holidays

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/22/10 07:23 PM

NewbieFamily

I'm having the same problem, but has anyone figured out why this is happening?
kelina

Just ran into this same problem myself over the weekend. Very frustrating.

Had a couple other glitches during same trip - sim was excavating dig sites and found items that were part of collections. Those items for collections were credited to her adventure journal, but were not added to her inventory. Normal relics were properly added to her inventory. Also, had to cancel the "excavate" action at couple of sites - she would continue to dig for hours without finding anything.

Glad to hear that returning home and revisiting the locale seemed to fix the problem - off to try.

Kelina
Angelkins

I think I may have encountered this bug as well.

My Adventurer sim was doing the adventure where you must infiltrate the secret base of the rebels in Eqypt when all interactions ceased for me.

He when to the bathroom and found the code to step on the blocks, so I had him go down into the tomb, but when he got down there I could not step on any of the floor tiles to active the door switch. All the happened was "No Interactions Available" would come up.

If I tried to click on the floor anywhere to have him "Go Here" all that would come up was the "Use Stairs" interaction, even though I wasn't clicking on the stairs!!

So I had him abandon that adventure and start a new one, which he needed to deactivate a fire trap in one of the tombs in Egypt.

He went down the stairs into the tomb and when I tried to click on the wall switch to get the ball rolling, it said "No Interactions" available!!

So I had him go home since I had reached peak frustration, but I have not sent him back yet since he and his wife had twins after his return.

Zarley

I've had the same issue as well. Has anyone found a fix for this? Is EA/Maxis even aware of this bug?

It makes my EP totally useless and now I can't even fufill my sims lifetime wish of having level 3 visa for all countries.
kelina

Hi all -

Just wanted to update this thread with my most recent experiences.

Tried to returning home and then re-traveling to Egypt to see if the error re-occurred. It did.

Upon initially re-arriving at base camp, I rushed my sim into the Tomb of Discovery and was thrilled that I could again interact with Tomb items (chests, doors, signs, etc.)

Since my sim is on the quest for the Third Relic, I went to the Great Pyramid and played until she grew tired. I set up her tent and all was well. I typically save my file while sims are sleeping, so I saved the game at this point.

At some time short after midnight game time (essentially upon reaching Day Two of the trip), I again lost all interactions within the tomb, completely unable to even put the tent back into inventory.

I restored the game - error recurred at same point on game clock. Tried again, same result. Rebooted computer (although game had been running without any other problems) - same result.

Tried waking my sim up before error occurred - same result: shortly after midnight lost all interactions.

I play with no third-party anything. I have base game and WA & some store items. I've also experiencing some of the other bugs that have been widely reported (unable to remarry, inventory issues). I've seen a few other threads reporting this problem, but not a lot. This particular error came out-of-the blue - I had previously completed this tomb in another file and this particular sim just reached her level 2 visa in Egypt (3? previous tombs explored without incident).

(One other odd thing, non-tombs - such as the Copper Mine were fine for first level underground, but would lose all interactions on subsequent levels)

At this point, all I want is some acknowledgement that EA is aware of this problem.

kelina
misstrench68

I am having the same problem in Egypt. Uninstalled and reinstalled World Adventures and it is still not working. I can only "Use Stairs" and "Go Through Door". I can't even "Go Here" or "Jog Here" once I am inside the tomb. I left and went back, and it was the same deal. Wish I could offer some advice, but I have no idea what to do.

UPDATE: Went to LiveChat for help....

Brian: Hi, my name is Brian. How may I help you?
: I am having some issues with tomb exploration
Brian: Ok
: i can only use stairs or go through doors
: nothing else
: i see in the forum this is a common issue
: but no recommendations or answers in there
: i uninstalled and reinstalled world adventures but it did nothing
: any ideas?
Brian: Yes
: what do you recommend?

Brian: I would suggest you please submit this issue on the forums when our developers will check the forums they will reply you regarding this issue.
: I replied to someone else having the same problem.....is that what you mean or is there a specific place i have to post to?
Brian: Just submit your problem on the forums.
: Thank you

So, as you can see, this did absolutely nothing and apparently we just wait until someone who actually knows what is going on reads our posts?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/23/10 06:13 PM

Aisling92

Has there been any progress on this problem yet?

This started happening to me yesterday, after I did the adventure in Egypt where you explore James Vaughen's house with the floor switch puzzles?

I had to teleport out, and since then, I can't do anything inside in the tombs, except walk in the front door, keeps saying "no interactions available"

Has EA even acknowledged this is a problem yet?

lickle_red

i'm having the very same problem. i've even loaded an old save to see if it still happens and shock! horror! it does. i think it bugs when i save so gonna reload old save play without saving and see if it still bugs when goin into a tomb.
lickle_red

that seems to be the problem, simply dont save and it wont bug. shame my game likes to crash unexpectedly.
matthewscca

I am having the exact same problem as the OP after installing ambitions. I am in China under the terra cotta army and the tombs work fine for the first day of travel, but at shortly after midnight “no interaction available” appears on everything int he tomb except click on the stairs to go back up. I can't believe that this was reported in FEBRUARY and here it July and no patch?!?!?! Come on!

Post Reply Forum Index » Possible Bugs
Go to: