Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Freeze for 1-3 seconds  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Blazer93

i have played Sims 3 before but i installed again updated because i had a reformat so anyway last night i started playing made a Sim played for about a hour then every 3-5 seconds it started to freeze for around 1-2 seconds like the time would stop moving and Sims everything freezes for 1-3 seconds every 3-5 seconds not sure if its the new update because i haven't played for at least 5 months so i turnt off computer and went to bed I'm playing right now and it still happens anybody know why

Just noticed also it doesn't freeze when its paused

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/07/10 12:17 PM

Blazer93

BUMP
Ador997

Since you just did a reformat, I'm wondering if you remembered to update all your drivers (Video) and your OS service packs, etc.
nadynej

I have the same problem, and its quite annoying. I have been playing for a while, so thats not the problem. The game starts out fine, but after playing my family for a while, the 2 second freeze starts.

I think its either the last update or there are too many "active" sims in the town. I will try to disable the storyprogression thing in the options, but that sucks...

Anybody out there got a solution?
nadynej

I think I found the problem, but I need someone to confirm it.

The freeze might have something to do with opportunities. My freeze started with my caracter in China (the time before it was in Appalosa) with a request for 2 common relics. As soon as I found the relics, the freeze "relaxed". I haven't managed to complete the request just yet, but will soon see if it makes things better.

Note that my caracter also had 2 major wish (1000 pt + each) associated with getting relics and satisfied them when the said relics were found.

Please, can anyone confirm this?
Spottygal

This happened to me! i have instaled sims 3, generations and pets, the game is up to date and i hadnt played on it for a few weeks. So i made a family was really enjoying it and played for about an hour then suddenly it just kept freezing for 2 seconds every 5 seconds. i restarted computer, carried on freezing, its really annoying and i dont know what to do!!!!
Pookaness

nadynej wrote:I think I found the problem, but I need someone to confirm it.

The freeze might have something to do with opportunities. My freeze started with my caracter in China (the time before it was in Appalosa) with a request for 2 common relics. As soon as I found the relics, the freeze "relaxed". I haven't managed to complete the request just yet, but will soon see if it makes things better.

Note that my caracter also had 2 major wish (1000 pt + each) associated with getting relics and satisfied them when the said relics were found.

I don't think this is the issue cause none of that implies to my game and it still does it

Ellest

I've had this problem too. The game ran fine up until my sim started the private investigator career and the game started freezing for 5-10 secs. It stopped when i quit that career and entered the science career ladder. I think it may be similar to the opportunity thing.

I noticed that the CPU usage was at 100% while the game was frozen and no hard disk activity. (Don't know if that helps)
verucacherry

I have this problem too, regardless of what speed I have the game set on. It will freeze the sims while noise and graphics (trees blowing in wind, birds chirping, etc.) will continue on like normal. I opened a ticket with EA and they said my platform specs were fine. I ran a registry error repair program, added the Overwatch mod to clean up inactive cars and townies, tried deleting caches, playing in different neighborhoods as various sims...NOTHING has helped.

Could any more technological members help me to determine a fix? I ran the game in admin mode on my computer which seemed to take care of the freezing- but it also deleted all my game progress. Hate to start from scratch but it looks like that might be my only option.
Goldmoldar

nadynej wrote:I think I found the problem, but I need someone to confirm it.

On one of my computers I had experienced some lag in China, but never back in the sims hometown. I know my computer was over the specs HP 840 Phenom II x 4 3.2 Ghz, 16 Gigs of ram, Nvidia GTX 460 and over 2 terabytes of hard drive space. I agree with you that there is a problem with China and when I went to Eygpt I never had lag.

I7-4770K Liquid cooled, ASUS Sabertooth Z87, HD 1.5 GB 7200 RPM , 16 GB 1600 MHz, Nvidia 680 SC 2 GB, ASUS Blu-ray Burner, 850W PSU
hdingy

Has anyone ever got a fix for this? Mine started to just do it in China, then started to do it if I played any town other than the base game town.

I've been playing a little while in the base game town as given up on everything else and is now doing it there too after about an hour of play. Closed the game down restarted PC and now does it as soon as i start playing, freezes for 20 seconds then plays for 20 seconds.

All drivers up to date and game up to date. Won't be buying any stuff or EPs until we get a fix.
Haggardbr

Sorry to bump this thread, but this is really annoying.

I just recored this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U048oC1Ow7E&feature=youtu.be

You see that the cats keep "meowing" and the animations for the song tones at the radio and the sim's "zzzzzz" keep working as well as everything happening in the world.

I have the base game plus ambitions, pets, generations, high tech stuff and urban life.

Can anyone help?
keepskuh

Haggardbr wrote:Sorry to bump this thread, but this is really annoying.

I just recored this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U048oC1Ow7E&feature=youtu.be

You see that the cats keep "meowing" and the animations for the song tones at the radio and the sim's "zzzzzz" keep working as well as everything happening in the world.

I have the base game plus ambitions, pets, generations, high tech stuff and urban life.

Can anyone help?

I have exactly the same problem.. really anoying..
Can anybody help?
Springfairy556

I have the same exact issue and it recently just started yesterday.

1.Did not reformat anything.
2.Only updated what I knew should be updated.
3.Have not installed anything new.
4.Already have Overwatch.

And I'm sorry to bump this, I was just coming to the forum to post this exact issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/20/12 03:50 PM

Bronwin2

An awful lot of people are having this problem. It seems to be well known in the community. I don't think EA officially acknowledges this as a problem, although I can't imagine that they don't know about it.

I have had this since patch 1.26 and Pets. Nothing seems to be able to cure it if you have the problem.

I assume that a lot of people are playing the game without problems and that adds to the mystery.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: