Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
TS3 WA Install Error  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
MongrelCat

I am trying to install the Sims 3 World Adventures expansion that I just bought. When going through the installer, I get a "Game Validation Error" that says my Sims 3 version installed is more recent than expected. It also says that my WA could be incompatible and I should make sure to get all updates before playing. I then click "continue" and "install" and it begins installing the game. The install is getting hung up on file 7 of 565. It looks like it is still working, but it is not progressing even after long periods of time. I have Mac OS X and my Sims 3 version is at 1.8.25.003001. Thank you!
Sarahose

I am having the same problem? Is there anybody who has an asnwer?

-Thanks!
IamMamainred

If you have ANY non EA content, you need to remove it first.

Unisntall WA.
Load the EADM, let it update.
if it fails press the F5 key to refresh, then update.
If it updates you can now install WA

If you have ANY non EA content installed & it fails, you will be forced
to Manually uninstall the game & start all over again.
Sarahose

What is the EADM?
tylerwadegardner

What do you mean non EA content? where?
LilyI8

I am having the same problem!! help last time i managed to install sims 3 world adventures but my game went weird and i couldn't click the play button and i had to uninstall everything and start again when i first bought it it was running fine ...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 02/25/11 11:28 PM

KatAnubis

Go up to where IamMamainred talks about how to fix this problem and follow the directions. If you have problems, talk to the tech people.
BethChoco

I have this exact problem. I am on Mac, so I can't install the EADM, but I followed instructions to download patches in Terminal manually, and it's up to date, but it is still stuck on file 7 out of the hundreds that need to be installed, and gives the same error message about I do not have any non-EA content.

And this is happening with Ambitions, after uninstalling it because it kept glitching and crashing. Any other suggestions? What do you mean by "The tech people"? I'm new to this forum.

Thanks.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/19/11 05:14 PM

KatAnubis

BethChoco wrote:I have this exact problem. I am on Mac, so I can't install the EADM, but I followed instructions to download patches in Terminal manually, and it's up to date, but it is still stuck on file 7 out of the hundreds that need to be installed, and gives the same error message about I do not have any non-EA content.

And this is happening with Ambitions, after uninstalling it because it kept glitching and crashing. Any other suggestions? What do you mean by "The tech people"? I'm new to this forum.

Thanks.

WA's section is more for game play help. If you need technical help, then you should go to the tech people ie the technical forum. Sometimes people here know what's happened, but the chances are low. So it's best to go to where the tech people hang out: technical forum.
youroctober

Hi there, I just went through this problem a few hours ago. When I tried to search Google for help this was the first link that popped up, so I'm posting what I did here to fix my game in case it helps anyone. I'm going to list exactly what I did, since I'm not too sure what exactly helped.

I downloaded Ambitions from an online store and it installed no problems. This is the only expansion I've installed. When I got to the validation process, I got the dreaded "the Sims 3 is more recent than expected" problem. My game installed, but when I tried to play it asked for a disc. Which is a problem, given it's a direct download. As such, I'm not too sure if this fix will work for those who installed with a disc, or whose game freezes mid-install.

What I did is this:

1) Uninstall all expansions and the base game.

2) Re-install the base game to your applications folder (I'm using Mac, not too sure with PC players, but I believe it's program files for PC). I didn't specify and mine installed to the desktop, which gave me a lot of problems.

3) Let the game run its updates.

4) Re-install Sims Ambitions, again in the applications folder.

5) When you are ready to install updates, DO NOT START UP THE GAME WITH THE SIMS BASE GAME ICON. I mean the icon with the green plumbob that says "The Sims 3." I think this is what gave me problems from the start. Upload the game with the Sims Ambitions plumbob, which is a green plumbob with a blue circle around it.

6) If done correctly, the game should install its updates. When that's done, try to play.

I can't guarantee if this will work. I'm fairly new to Mac so I'm not sure I could answer any questions. If you have already installed Ambitions and the problem is that it asks for a disc, then I would recommend just trying to install updates by clicking the Ambitions icon. If your installation froze, I would really recommend re-installing everything. I know it's a pain, but that's what helped me. Hope this helps someone.
Aussie9irl

I'm extremely! new to sims and I have the same problem, is there any way I can save my family if I choose to follow with YourOctober's advice? I mean I worked hard on them, I was graced with triplets on my first sim pregnancy.

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: