Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Family Tree no longer working- help please!!!  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
PSFinishLine

I recently sent my sims on their first vacation and when they came back and I tried to click on the family tree, nothing happened. It refuses to load, even after switching families and restarting the game. I can't view it all and it's really taking away from the gameplay, as I have a large family that I keep tabs on through the family tree. Please please help.

FYI The patch is installed on my game.
IamMamainred

Do you have ANY non EA content on the game or CAW installed ?
freakingoddess

I am having this same problem-I can't see the family tree of people I sent on vacation. I also noticed that in one case, this girl Claire went on vacation and when she got back, in her half-brother Oliver family tree, he can see her but when you click on her it goes blank, PLUS his son Nicholas, who he had with his girlfriend before she died, is no longer in his tree...and I can't open Nicholas's tree. Neither of them even went on the vacation! So weird...hopefully a patch fixes this problems pronto. I don't mind minor bugs-but screwing my families up really annoys me!!!
Kanitchet

I also faces the same problem too. No Mod, Only free custom contents from EA store. After installed patch 2.3. I sent my active household to abroad and when it came back I try to call foriegn girl that I want my sims to marry with and then do the romantic option and went marry. After marriaged I click family tree of foriegn sims it appeared to be correctly married with my sims but when I click at my sims face picture the family tree went blank. After that I tried to open family tree from my original sims and nothing happen after click, no windows, no popup. I don't think this problem come from CC or mod .. cause I had nothing of those I think it bug from patch 2.3 because it happen right after I installed this patch and play.
senoritaglover

Has anyone found or received a solution to this problem? I am also having this problem ... I click on the family tree button and nothing happens ... and this is not just for one character but everyone!
Cndy20009

My Family tree is broken, too. Married Sims are shown as Single and other relatives' photos take forever to load...

janko1031

I have problem you are talking about, and there is no way to fix it until new patch come out.
keleya

I had this problem for a long time until I switched families. I use family tree a lot, so I ended up abandoning the family. If all else fails though I say reinstall.
dancingkitty

GAHHHHHHHHHH >=( this makes me so angry!
WHY BRING OUT A GAME THAT DOESNT WORK PROPERLY!!!!!!!!
my game has broken so many times before and i had to reinstall after i'd finally got to the 10th generation of one family.
My whole neighbourhood is connected and now i cant see how due to this glitch!
I love the sims but EA SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PurpleLemonzD

I agree so much with dancingkitty! My game has faced countless glitches throughout the years I've been playing (both with Sims 2 and 3), and now I can add the family tree issue to the list. I am especially mad because I'm currently working on a legacy that's coming along very strongly, and is already on the 4th generation. I purposefully married all the spouses and got them pregnant before I moved them out for the singular reason that I wanted to check the family tree to see how their families were coming along. Now, I can see nothing! They better fix this quick, and if I have to reinstall once more I'll die!!!!
Kierstalchan

I'm skeptical that they even playtest this stuff anymore. I think they just use the community instead so they can have us pay THEM to playtest their game instead of, you know, hiring professionals.
Rimwalker

Is there a fix for this issue out yet? I was working on a large family with 6 generations and counting, I sent one of them abroad and had them marry a foreign sim when she came back, and now the only family tree I can open is the foreigner she married, none of my original family.
airotciv54

I have lost family trees so often. Vacations seem to be the problem. I have not found a connection to anyone thing. And I have posted this so often that I hoped EA would have noticed the problem. But they haven't. I do hear there is a mod out there, but I don't use them. Come on EA, we need a patch, for this and a few other things.
Mspassions

I'm beyond frustrated. Nothing is working and it's crazy. Luckily I saved the game right before they went on vacation, so that if I choose to make them travel, just to see if the glitch would happen again, I would be OK if it did.
susss

This is one of the several bugs in my game as well. It only happens with my main family though.

Post Reply Forum Index » World Adventures
Go to: