Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
What is the best Town?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
JOSHUARANSON

Everybody that creates a town says that theirs is really good or even the best. I was wondering, what town really is the best?
Shalua

I think you should decide that for yourself. Try some and see what you like, and what you don't like.

diestler

Your question is pretty hard to answer. Not sure I want too... I have been cruising this forum for weeks now, and I don't recall anyone claiming themselves to be having the "Best". That, to me, sounds a little bit like tooting your own horn. There are some creators out here who have put out or are putting out some fantastic worlds. There is even a world creating competition thread, though we won't see any finished projects for a couple weeks. I think everyone who is putting time into their worlds is doing an awesome job. Even if they are worlds that I wouldn't personally download. This tool is not easy to use and if you can get your roads to work right you've got a great start. I am making a town. I don't really care if other people like it or not. I am doing MY town. The ideal town for MY families to play in. I can't wait to play it no matter how it looks when its done! I like grass and trees, others like sand. To find the best town for you, start browsing this forum. You are sure to find something YOU think is best. If you don't find something you think is best, then you try to make your own best. I hope this isn't interpreted as being rude, I am not trying to be. I would make a horrible judge, everyone wins in my book
Rflong7

Hi,

I've only played one. I do know there are a lot of creative and imaginative people making fun and interesting worlds. If I was looking for one to play I would test them out and decide.

Happy Hunting.
slickviewz

Ivechecked out a bunch and there aren't many worth mentioning, lots of limitations or errors. Although I will say that Island Town is cool except for the small house sizes and no room for growth. Port Charles is nice but has errors on edges and kinda square sharp design with no distance (mountains ect.)

I think they're are some real winners coming up though.

Hope I didnt offend anyone
Jalida

Simtopia
Coconut Island 2
and many many more who's name escapes me at the moment. But those would be my choices at the best, your choices at what is the best will surely be different.

-=R.I.P. Weston =-
Nov 25, 2005 - July 15, 2010
aynat134

slickviewz wrote:Port Charles is nice but has errors on edges and kinda square sharp design with no distance (mountains ect.)

I think they're are some real winners coming up though.

Hope I didnt offend anyone

No offense whats so ever! I was shocked to see someone mention Port Charles!! Thank you! Ok so feedback help me out here to make it better. Where are the edges errors? I can go in and try to fix it. I installed and played quickly, mainly to make sure the roads worked and etc, but then moved on to building the rabbitholes and lots. I know its kinda square but I was building it for me cause thats how I like to play. It just turned out so pretty I uploaded it. I was trying to build the town of Port CHarles cause I am a huge General Hospital fan and was trying to make it the way I have imagined it all this time......but then it didnt quite come out that way cause well there are rabbitholes in the game that isnt in the town and so on so forth so it became what it became. I hate hills and mountains thought.........always have since sims 2. You find the perfect lot but then cant play it cause your camera is always running up the hill and not centering where you want it to play.....but thats my main beef with the game. I did want Port Charles to have a ocean view all any angle. So again why the square. lol!

I need to go in and delete a few towns I uploaded due to learning the tool and learning the towns arent right.........like georgetown, it needs to go, I didnt realize how to make the lots even with the road and so on, but as I mess with the tool I learn. I just wanted a flatter town with smaller lots...like I said my style of playing.....but yeah honest if you find errors or what nots tell me please!

I watched a hands on video by Flabaliki, he is an awesome creator mind you! http://thesimsupply.com/thread-18-create-a-world.html but when I tried to lower the land edges I ended up all in water. I tried for a good 4 hours and gave up.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/15/10 04:00 PM

Yahtzami

I will second Cornuccopia, and also throw Ruthless_kk's Victorian Bay out there as being one of the best I have played.

aynat134

Yahtzami wrote: Ruthless_kk's Victorian Bay out there as being one of the best I have played.

OOOOHHH Where did you find her town? I totally love her houses and when I build my towns I have her lots and plasticbox's lots in mind. I would love to check out her town if you have a link! Ty!

Yahtzami

Here ya go!! It is on MediaFire.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5mltm22em5n

aynat134

Oh ty so much! Bookmarked it for when I get home from work!

aynat134

Ok, well shoot. Mediafire is erroring out on me. I did find the blog on the Victorian town and OMG it looks beautiful.

I have been waiting for Ruthless_kk and for Plasticbox to put out towns. I hope Plasticbox does soon too! I always played their one town in my sims 2 game and loved it! It was the perfect size for how I play!

kristenwoods

personally i love Bridgeport, but there are to many glitches that can kill sims so i moved to barnicale bay, sunset vally is my 2nd fav

Meteora97

Answer by mistake, sorry

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at 06/17/11 07:38 PM

Just like the pied piper, led rats through the streets, we dance like marionettes, swaying to the symphony, OF DESTRUCTION!
bronco9191

I would recommend Los Aniegos - Late Night Edition. I really like that town. And all you need is WA, Ambitions, and LN.

Post Reply Forum Index » Create a World
Go to: