Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
"Installation failed. You must install the associated premium content before installing this style"  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Faenyx

So I just installed sims 3, and was perusing the exchange, looking for items to add before I start playing.

Well some download, and some give me this message, along with a red circle that is crossed out.

"Installation failed. You must install the associated premium content before installing this style"

Ok well after some searching, I thought maybe it had to do with my firewall, so I turned that off. Still no dice. Then I saw I might have to download something from the store, that goes along with it? (make sense?). Well I got 1000 simpoints free with the game, so I bought this dress, and then when I tried to download an identical dress (just a different pattern) in the exchange, it still won't let me, and gives me that same error.

So what gives? How do I fix this?
I'm using win7 if that makes a difference.
MistyIyed

I had the same problem- make sure you buy the original item from the "store" - I did that and still had no luck downloading. I finally got it to work by going to this site through aol- for some reason I can download any store items that way- but if I just start the launcher from the game- nothing works. Hope this helps you. Good luck !
Waddler

Still not working
Ninstroyer

I'm having this problem as well. I bought store items and I can't download re-colors of that store item.

I keep getting the message:

"Installation failed you must install the associated premium content before installing this style."

I have the premium content installed already!!

Sgizzle09

That custom sim item is based off an item someone downloaded and purchased from the sims store, then made a custom version of it. So, to get the custom version you must buy the base item, then you can get the custom part of the download.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/18/10 03:10 PM

~*S.GIZZLE.09*~
Sgizzle09

The answer to your question lies within the link below, provided by a sim guru:

https://easims.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/easims.cfg/php/enduser/std_
adp.php?p_faqid=22242

~*S.GIZZLE.09*~
LilZairaGrace

MistyIyed wrote:I had the same problem- make sure you buy the original item from the "store" - I did that and still had no luck downloading. I finally got it to work by going to this site through aol- for some reason I can download any store items that way- but if I just start the launcher from the game- nothing works. Hope this helps you. Good luck !

You are using AOL search engine?

Ninstroyer

Sgizzle09 wrote:That custom sim item is based off an item someone downloaded and purchased from the sims store, then made a custom version of it. So, to get the custom version you must buy the base item, then you can get the custom part of the download.

I already know this. I bought and installed the premium content already! It's in my game. I'm using it. However, I cannot install re-colors of the item.

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussion (EN)
Go to: