Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Registration Code Deactivated?  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
AmarisMiakoda

Sorry if this issue has already been highlighted, but I couldn't find it anywhere and I'm starting to get really annoyed =\

When i installed World Adventures, I got the following error:

I'm sure lots of other people have been having this issue, but has anyone actually got a response from EA about it? They've been completely ignoring my requests for support and I'm starting to get irritated.
Writin_Reg

That's mainly to do with the master account at EA and when you go there you see your main account needs some updating. If you have no intention of using the main EA site or the EA store, I don't think it matters much as it does not seem to effect the Sims 3 account or the Sims 3 store. But they just want more history from the looks of the Query when you link to there. I still was able to use the data knowledge board and all my other EA links, so I think the biggest problem would come up it you wanted to order some digital games or EA store stuff as some of those questions look directed to updating your protected information.

I'm not worrying about it, as I don't download any games digitally and if i want EA gear, I'll just send my cousin to the actual EA store to buy it. She lives in Redwood City and her fiancee works quite close to the EA Campus.

I persinally do not like any financial info anywhere on line, which is why I will buy Sim points cards if I want Sims stuff.

AmarisMiakoda

Thanks for the reply

I'm still a little confused as to what I have to do to solve the problem however, i've updated my details on my EA account and the problem is still occurring ):
AmarisMiakoda

Bump, can anybody help me out? I'm still confused and the problem is still occurring, i contacted the seller and he said that lots of people have been having this problem...
AmarisMiakoda

Any help? =\
LDYCAPONE

that sucks. you cant play?

bob007

Well all I got to say is that seller is full of s*!t. The problem should not happen. He should be happy he didn't sell it to me. If you bought it on a credit card after a certain period of time you can contest the purchase (and see how fast he calls you to fix the problem) or call EA and listen to elevator music, go on line to the BBB and file a complaint and wait for EA to contact you (and they will). I think my son has the BBB on speed dial. Another thing to do is file a small claims case against EA for faulty merchandise and deceptive practices (this is hit and miss and depends on the judge you get).

I would probably do all the above just on general principle.

Is the retailer part of a major franchise? Work your way up the corporate ladder. I'd be burning a whole lot of roll over minutes.

Good luck

edit - Is the seller a brick and mortar store?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/18/10 01:24 AM

AmarisMiakoda

LDYCAPONE wrote:that sucks. you cant play?

Nope ): I can download the game on the manager but as soon as i try to play it, that error comes up

*****7 wrote:Well all I got to say is that seller is full of s*!t. The problem should not happen. He should be happy he didn't sell it to me. If you bought it on a credit card after a certain period of time you can contest the purchase (and see how fast he calls you to fix the problem) or call EA and listen to elevator music, go on line to the BBB and file a complaint and wait for EA to contact you (and they will). I think my son has the BBB on speed dial. Another thing to do is file a small claims case against EA for faulty merchandise and deceptive practices (this is hit and miss and depends on the judge you get).

I would probably do all the above just on general principle.

Is the retailer part of a major franchise? Work your way up the corporate ladder. I'd be burning a whole lot of roll over minutes.

Good luck

edit - Is the seller a brick and mortar store?

Thanks for the reply

I contacted the seller and this is the response i got:

Dear customer,
we deeply apologise for the inconvenience.
Recently EA is having some serious technical problems and for some reason most keys for Sims 3 expansion and Fifa 2010 are getting deactivated. I have contacted my partners throughout the world, as well as my distributor, and they are all having the same problem. We don't know if it is temporary and whether these games will be reactivated. We decided not to risk and take customer satisfaction as our priority. We have suspended sales on the affected titles and decided to refund all the customers that are having problems. We won't even verify the issue in your case, your feedback speaks for itself.
Could you please send us a return request so that we can efficiently refund you?
Bets wishes and once again I'm very sorry for the inconvenience

I'm tempted to believe him but it just seems like i've been given a bogus activation code =\ I at least have my money back! I will try purchasing the game from another retailer and hope i have better luck.

Can anyone confirm the sellers claims about The Sims WA and Fifa? O.o
bob007

You most have bought that from a major online seller (Amazon?). I've been looking in other forums and I have not heard of this problem (interesting if true then I think EA has bigger problems then I thought). I like the statement "Recently EA is having some serious technical problems" (you think). At least it sounds like you dealt with a reputable seller. If you purchased the download version that comes with SecuRom and EA controls the activation. I think Bioshock was the first big uproar about SecuRom. The disk version does not have this. The disk version has copyguard only and you have to have the disk in the drive to play (like the good old days). My problem with SecuRom is once the vendor takes down the server the game can no longer be installed as you won't be able to activate it.

Writin_Reg

Bob, most reputable resellers are not reselling EA games because they even have it in their Eula that no EA game registration/account is transferable and their account is limited to just one per each game. Many of us have tried to challenge them in court over this issue, under the resellers rights laws and other consumer laws that we at least have here in the USA, to no result as the judges won't even hear the cases and just toss them out without any hearing at all. So as more and more people complain, the less resellers are willing to buy or resell ANY EA games - as EA now offers perts for most of their games for registering that you cannot get no matter what if you buy a used game of EA's.

BBB has a list a mile long on this very issue, at least the last I knew they did, but have gotten no where seeing no court in this land will give the issue a weigh in on the matter.

You buy a used EA game and you are consigning yourself to a game with only part of it's stuff and not a thing you can do about it but get your money back.

bob007

Writin_Reg - I don't think she bought a used game as I have seen this same problem on other forums although it seems isolated. Seems to be a glitch with the activation server AND EA can fix manually fix the problem. By the way - welcome back.

IkuDiana

Omg I'm having this same EXACT problem. I'm like beyond po'ed. Been dealing with customer service for like 2 months now and nothing fixes it.

How do I contact this "BBB"?

Could I just ask customer service to send me a different code? I still want to play Sims 3.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 01/16/11 05:58 PM

NEVKEL

I'm having this problem !?!?
gumi-bear512

I just look on google for a new code I actually just got the message so i went on the internet to check, but i think my problem is centered more around the amount of exchange items i'm about to install... and then this happens...
Sid1701D9

Too Me this seems like a phishing scam to me. I think that message is phony. If you look at the logo EA logo is off. Check make sure you don't have a virus from a hacker or something. There is nothing wrong with reselling the physical game as long as you don't use the registration code. Computers games work way differently than game console games. A computer game after the code has been used becomes a pirated copy of the game and you must get a new code to play it with online resources. I know its weird but what can you do. The game itself gives you so many installs before it locks up. If this happens they just want to make sure your not going over the install limit for the game. This is especially important if you build a enw computer, because the other computer crashes. I wish they had a way to remotely remove authorized computers expecially when the computer won't be used any more or accessed any more because its dead. You may get a problem saying you have reached the limit of authorized computers for that registration code. However, I do not ever believe you would ever get a message saying your activation code has been deactivated unless you click the button.

EA dialogs will usually tell you why the game is not working.

Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

Post Reply Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: