Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Breastfeeding  XML
Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
dreamsong1968

schmezzle wrote:This thread is really disturbing me. I hadn't realised how many people think that breast feeding is 'icky'. What the hell?
I don't understand how this opinion has come about?
I can't imagine anything even slightly 'icky' or 'nasty' about breastfeeding?
I'm 22 and everyone I know my age has no issues with breastfeeding so is this just like a new thing or an American thing? People need to be better educated at school to stop children getting these sorts of 'breast-feeding' issues.

Not an American thing--I am from the US. Breastfed both of my children--and even did it in public. I think it comes from antiquated ideas being passed down from the parents (My mom) of the Babyboom generation (my decade older sisters). Breastfeeding was considered too restrictive to the modern working woman of the 50s and 60s. There was also this belief that manmade formula was better than breastmilk because it was thicker in texture and richer in protein, fat, etc.

My mom's generation didn't breastfeed their children. Most of the babyboom generation (my two older sisters) didn't breastfeed either. My mom thought I was crazy for breastfeeding--and that my boys were going to turn out warped.

Discussions like this (though they may be OT for a sims forum) actually help people to get rid of their misconceptions. Sorry for the history lesson, but you asked. LOL!

iheartjackie

dreamsong1968 wrote:Most of the babyboom generation (my two older sisters) didn't breastfeed either. My mom thought I was crazy for breastfeeding--and that my boys were going to turn out warped.

Wow, gee, how ever did people survive without baby formula? All cultures were so barbaric before processed, chemically made, half-the-benefits, powdered milk was made, with all sort of murder, mayhem, and perversions….
Hey, wait a second…
Lol, I kid. I kid. I do really kid. Nothin’ against no one. Really. XD

Only1whtrbbt

Ah, breastfeedin, religion and sexual preference threads are always guaranteed to be a good fight.

Anywho, a friend of mine is b/fing in real life and has just found out she has to have a double mastectomy due to invasive cancer. Ya'll opposed to breastfeeding should read this to give you some perspective.

http://breastfeedingwithcancer.blogspot.com/2011/06/so-here-i-a
m.html

as for the topic at hand, even though I myself was a breastfeeder, I don't care either way if it is/isn't included in the game. But seriously, as someone said on the first page, the least our Sims could do is get the bottles out of the fridge!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/21/11 09:28 AM

chocchikcookie12

...Why is there an argument about breastfeeding on THIS site.
Take it somewhere else please.
It makes no difference to most people whether it's in the game or not.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 06/22/11 08:36 AM

Megan036

Simsgirl1707 wrote:Comments to various people:

1. So... you're saying that dads can't have a special bond with their child because they can't breastfeed them? I'm pretty sure dads can still bond with their babies when they hold them, bottle feed them, snuggle with them, etc.

2. I too think it's unfair to call someone selfish because they decided not to breastfeed their child. Women have their own reasons for making this decision, who are you to call them selfish if their reasons aren't medically related?

3. I'm honestly not comfortable with people breastfeeding in public. Let me explain. I understand it's perfectly natural, and yes if a child is hungry then they should be fed. But let's say you're in a restaurant, where there are young children present and people eating. I don't think it's appropriate to breastfeed in front of young kids if you aren't covered properly. With your own kids, in your own home, do whatever you like. But when you're in public just go to the restroom. I don't think it's immature if people don't want to see it, some people can't help but be uncomfortable. Is it really too much to ask if you find a secluded place? If there ISN'T one, then fine. But I can't think of many places you would go where there isn't at least a restroom to nurse in.

4. As for The Sims, I understand breastfeeding is in Medieval. That makes perfect sense. That was the only option back then. Plus, in Medieval, as someone mentioned there are no breast sliders, so that makes the animation much easier. I really don't mind either way if it is added to The Sims 3 in Generations or a later expansion, but I don't really believe it is necessary, and I think it would be difficult for the creators to achieve. I do think more interactions with babies should be added, such as bathing. But I don't think this is really that big of a deal.

Wow, this thread got ridiculously off topic. I feel like every thread I go to nowadays people are fighting. Can't we all just get along?

Wow your post really ****** me off!!!! Would you like to eat your food in the nasty restroom? Would you be comfortable eating dinner with your head covered by a blanket just because others don't want to see it? I can tell you I have had to get up and leave in the middle of eating because a grown adult was being so nasty while eating. As in food falling out of their mouth while chewing. But I did not ask him to go to the bathroom to eat. It is my problem so I left. If you have a problem with breastfeeding then you leave. It is natural and wonderful. And there is nothing inappropriate or gross about it. I think people of all ages should be exposed to it. Biologically children should be breastfed from birth to about two and then you should be having another baby. So all kids should be exposed to it. You sir should grow up. Your statement is extrememly immature.
2oo92

Honestly I see as someting more of respect.

Some people were raised to see it one way, and others were raised to see it another.

I myself would prefer not to have to stand in the way so my little brothers don't stare and ask what they're doing while were in the line for the Pirate's of the Caribean ride. And yes that really happened in Disney Land.

I can understand that some people don't see a problem with it and honestly I wouldn't mind if it was in the game, but I wouldn't want to use it.

I just see it is a respect thing. You believe what you believe and I believe what I believe. No one is right, and no one is wrong.

Kitsunamint

I kinda think its a cool idea...
It's a special time between mother and baby.
why do people think its wrong anyway?
I never seen it before but I heard it makes the baby's IQ level higher than babies who are bottle fed.
maybe they could add that to besides relationship going up, they could also make the baby obtain skills faster than bottle fed babies
eclipsetrixxz

I would love for it to be in game.
kozzimo

well to honest i think it would be just that tad bit strange. Like I know that it would be cool and all but its probably that little bit wrong for the sims. And causeits rated T for teens. i dont know. But it would be cool if you could like go and buy bottles from the shops and things.
Simsister2004

kozzimo wrote:well to honest i think it would be just that tad bit strange. Like I know that it would be cool and all but its probably that little bit wrong for the sims. And causeits rated T for teens. i dont know. But it would be cool if you could like go and buy bottles from the shops and things.

I think I know what you mean, as there are lots of teenagers playing the game. But if this could be done the way it's been done in The Sims Medieval, where the mothers just hold the baby in front of their breast without taking the clothes off. I think it's harmless and would be a good addition. No need of bottles at all.
TiffanySouza

Hahahaha! You guys are getting so ****** off over this!

Interesting topic nevertheless though. It is natural but I agree that women should cover themselves for modesty's sake. I would cause I don't want some perv looking at my ***** while I'm feeding my child and thinking gross stuff. I'm a very modest person though. I think since there are morons who get offended over nature who cares? (I am curious what these breast feeding is icky people think when they're having sex lol!) Just put a blanket over yourself. Then you don't have to listen to whining. But I know I wouldn't want to eat in a smelly bathroom if I were a baby. Yuck!

Anyway I think it would be cute! Right now babies are so boring anyway. I say add it!

Oh and teencat, you need a new therapist. I wasn't breastfed and neither were my sisters and we get along great with our mom. In fact I get along better with her than my younger brother who was breastfed! There goes your theory!

orrasfairy

There was a breastfeed Mod for the SIMS2 and I loved it because it was a quick and easy way to satisfy the baby's hunger and raise social. Whats the big deal?
ladybreid

Meh, it's a natural part of life. Do I think it should be implemented in TS3, sure, why not? Maybe I'd use for some sims and not others *shrug*It could be another option.

It's pixilated bewb, I doubt the world would esplode over it.

turistas9

ladybreid wrote:Meh, it's a natural part of life. Do I think it should be implemented in TS3, sure, why not? Maybe I'd use for some sims and not others *shrug*It could be another option.

It's pixilated bewb, I doubt the world would esplode over it.

..yea.. but its ups the rating ..
T TO M ..maybe even A
i didnt think it was a big deal, like the teen regeneracy .. and i got in trouble for posting link ..
MelanieSimlish

I think it would be really really cool, but I don't see them doing it.

Post Reply Forum Index » Generations
Go to: