Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Can't install DD of Generations without patch  XML
Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
l8nytsimmer

So, okay, I'm one happy camper. The patch fixed things for me. I have played for hours and hours, with no problems whatsoever. Gosh, this expansion is fun! They kids go in the tree house and fight pirates. There is all kinds of cannon fire and smoke, and the sound of swordfighting, but it's kind of a rabbit hole. I couldn't go in to watch the kids play. The kids also have a seesaw, a sandbox, new things to ride on, water slides. My couple are now able to take their toddlers out for a leisurely stroll in the stroller, which is so doggone cute to watch! There weren't many new outfits or furnishings. But I've noticed that the elders are now walking stooped over and using canes. All things considered, I'd say Generations was worth the $40 I paid for it.

Please click to help my newest baby Dragon survive.
ericadownerxo

CindyMac825 wrote:
Wynterbourne wrote:
DamienTK wrote:

I got the above error message when I try to use the patch that the guru provided. Does anyone know about a fix for this?

I'm getting the same.

I'm getting the same error too.

I'm getting the same error also, no luck in fixing it with the patch, the same error comes up when downloading the patch/trying to download generations EP. Any luck with you guys fixing it? Thanks.

I've just installed the patch myself and my base game is 1.22.9.011002
RayleenBibi

Great News Everyone

I followed the link from GuruBrent

http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims...s/TS3_1.22
.9.0110xx_update.exe

and it worked. I have two laptops that I play on, they both have the same thing except one is working with Windows 7 (the one that Generations is now working on) and the other is Windows XP (I'm trying the update now and will keep you posted) I did not remove any CC but did remove my Mods folder before I updated and downloaded Generations. I then went into an existing game and saved then exited. I then placed the Mods folder back and everything is working great. Hope this helps!

Good Luck and Happy Simming!
Slatornado

Seriously, when are you going to get the update on the launcher? I reinstalled, and it doesn't even read the last update, so I can't even play Late Night! GRRRRR....
MichieMe077

my game kept crashing after i got the manual patch,and installed the game; but then i remembered that i had a mod. so after i removed that, it worked! i was so totally happy! ...then i went into CAS to make a tester family for all of the generations features. i'm picky, so i like to always change the fabrics and colours. lo and behold, none of the fabric categories appear (the little button at the top is unclickable, and fixed on miscallaneous), none of my fabrics for miscallaneous at least appear, and the cancel and accept buttons are unclickable... so i have to exit to the main menu and lose all my work! it's frustrating! i've gotten the DD version of late night, and world adventures, and i've never encountered this problem,and when i got the free outdoor stuff, i also never had this problem- so i really don't think it's an errent CC... help plz?
SimGuru_BGY_11

Hi there.

Can you post your DXDiag output for review, please? And do you have any CC currently installed?

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

Thanks,

-Big Guy-

MichieMe077

SimGuru_BGY_11 wrote:Hi there.

Can you post your DXDiag output for review, please? And do you have any CC currently installed?

http://support.ea.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/61

Thanks,

-Big Guy-

yah, but i've never had problems with it before... :s
REBsim

It's great to know that I paid 40 dollars for neverending problems. This game better be worth it. I'm still waiting for the link itself to download. With my luck it won't work. Great job EA. I'm really impressed.
45rpm

I used the link and downloaded the patch and almost eyerything so far is working wayyyyyyy better.
But I was just given Generations for a birthday gift but Im afraid to load it
as I used the gurus link to download the patch as the auto oon the launcher
is not working and I dont wanna mess up my whole game if I do install it.

Any advice appreciated. Should I or shouldnt i

I have windows xp
smileygirlrox

So ****** right now. There's no way I'm downloading the patch because I'm paranoid enough to listen to all the problems from the patch. And now Amazon has the DD on it, and that's the one I always used, and it worked!

Should I waste another 40 bucks (which I don't have) to get the amazon version, or does that not work either?

You suck EA.

BTW, I'm having the update problem. Got the game yesterday on DD, and I can't even install it!
lifeiscool

Okay. so i've tried every single little link thingy on here and after it asks if I want to run it and Install Shield Wizard pops up and loads it says:
"The installed version of the application could not be determined. The setup will now terminate."

What's that mean? and how can I get it to work?? thanks..

P.S. im very ticked at EA right now..
bevvv

installed this and it works great
Aquairies

I'm having the same problem too, and I bought the physical copy of the game. Every time I click the play button after selecting a new town to start with, it crashes. That's the only place it crashes, though. I've tried every town, and tried not using the testingcheatsenabled true cheat at the main menu, and it still crashes. So, this basically means that I can't play at all.
Sims3fan456

I haven't downloaded the game yet... SHOULD I?

Forum Index » Technical Discussions (EN)
Go to: