Forums  
[line_separator]
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to forum index 
Custom Sim passed to me through Simport!  XML
Forum Index » Showtime
Allspice1232

SimGuruSNelson wrote:Hi Simmers. I wanted to let you know that we are releasing a Game Update very soon that will provide a solution to prevent any custom, user-created content from being installed in the host’s game when using SimPort. Additionally, this Game Update will ensure any files associated with a visiting Sim are not saved to a player’s system permanently.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are reading all of your posts and will continue to provide solutions as quickly as possible.

Thank you for responding to us, SGSNelson. I'm glad to hear you are aware of this and are working on it. Any idea when the update will be out?

I didn't think I'd want to use SimPort, but actually trying it made me change my mind. It's just these issues that are making me hesitant to use it again at this point.
solosonya

Personally, I am not going to use simport. It amazes me that EA puts out a game that does what they said it wouldn't do. Yet they feel they can get by with it. I love the sims game but I don't like being played. If I buy a game I expect it to work without me going to all this extra trouble to play it. I am talking about cleaning files etc. This is just awfull! It has been along time since we had to crank a engine to get it to run. EA ought to be ashamed of themselves. They should have tested that before they said it couldn't happen, transfer cc content.
Pepperbutt

SimGuruSNelson wrote:Hi Simmers. I wanted to let you know that we are releasing a Game Update very soon that will provide a solution to prevent any custom, user-created content from being installed in the host’s game when using SimPort. Additionally, this Game Update will ensure any files associated with a visiting Sim are not saved to a player’s system permanently.

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are reading all of your posts and will continue to provide solutions as quickly as possible.

Will this also fix any other updates, such as the problem I'm having with the lot (linked the thread), or others are having with certain things not showing up? http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/510297.page

Mental health issues aren't a joke. Knock it off.

http://simmeringsims.forumotion.com/ or @Pepperbuttz
SimsVIP_Admin

Any idea why some users are experiencing CC transfer and others are not? I have used about 132 files of CC in a test PC I have, and not a single piece of CC is staying in my simport runs. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

On a side note, this is something that should have been prevented/addressed prior to the game being released, especially since you confirmed CC would not transfer in many interviews and community blogs.

simbilN99

SimsVIP_Admin wrote:

On a side note, this is something that should have been prevented/addressed prior to the game being released, especially since you confirmed CC would not transfer in many interviews and community blogs.

Yep seems basic.
Allspice1232

solosonya wrote:Personally, I am not going to use simport. It amazes me that EA puts out a game that does what they said it wouldn't do. Yet they feel they can get by with it. I love the sims game but I don't like being played. If I buy a game I expect it to work without me going to all this extra trouble to play it. I am talking about cleaning files etc. This is just awfull! It has been along time since we had to crank a engine to get it to run. EA ought to be ashamed of themselves. They should have tested that before they said it couldn't happen, transfer cc content.

Glitches are a part of gaming. As long as they know there is a major problem and are willing to (and actually do) fix it quickly, I'm satisfied.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/12 10:56 PM

crinrict

OK. Done reading.

I have a few questions to you guys.

It seems the case I talked about earlier is not the only case but there's actually Sims3Packs getting installed. This seems like the files are not getting stripped correctly and I think this is an issue EA can address easily.

but what about the other CC, the one that comes with Sims directly. I don't see a simply solution to that. I wonder if the gurus can see what I'm talking about or not.

I would be very interested to get my hands on some of those Sims that actually have launcher-installing CC. Can anyone send one to me ? I would love to check them with custard.

4thefunofit4 would be very interested in your files for example. Your CC is all launcher-installed.

piddlesim has a good idea with making two folders.

Need to do some further investigation and SimGurus, if you need anymore info on the Sim-Attaching CC, feel free to contact me.

Rflong7

Hi,

WA still isn't fix. Would you all look into that also- please?
Cyron43

My wife just had an interesting idea. She says: When we upload a house to the exchange, cc will get along if the DCBackup folder contains files (other than the ccmerged.package).
In case the DCBackup folder is empty, the upload is clean.
Maybe it's the same with Simport?

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!
crinrict

That will only partly work (if the launcher-installing cc is indeed spreading as well) cause the other cc, the one that comes with Sims has nothing to do with your DCBackup folder, sadly.

maria_loves_alex

I think that cc that gets installed through the launcher (sims3pack files) may transfer itself into your game. I use package files which wont leave my pc when I upload - in other words the cc wont install itself into your game, if you want it, you'll have to go and download it from the creator. I wish that everyone would convert their cc files from sim3packs to package files

solosonya

Allspice1232 wrote:
solosonya wrote:Personally, I am not going to use simport. It amazes me that EA puts out a game that does what they said it wouldn't do. Yet they feel they can get by with it. I love the sims game but I don't like being played. If I buy a game I expect it to work without me going to all this extra trouble to play it. I am talking about cleaning files etc. This is just awfull! It has been along time since we had to crank a engine to get it to run. EA ought to be ashamed of themselves. They should have tested that before they said it couldn't happen, transfer cc content.

Glitches are a part of gaming. As long as they know there is a major problem and are willing to (and actually do) fix it quickly, I'm satisfied.
Glitches may be a part of gaming but don't tell me a bare face lie! They said it couldn't happen. they didn't say it might not happen. If they are going to say absolutes, they should have tested it first. Thats my problem.
blunote00

Location:Council Bluffs, IA. - Originally from the south.☺ I've worked in IT 27+yrs & ♥ ♪Jazz♪

Allspice1232 wrote:

I wouldn't qualify this as a "glitch". This is more like foo.

sent via mobile phone

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/12 11:39 PM

At my age competence is a turn on!
♥No longer offering Tech Support!♥
TtnFn04

Location:Far away from a certain nasty forum infested with trolls & homophobes

7aquaman7 wrote:So I am dealing with another technical malfunction with Showtime (can't interact with one of my sims anymore) and I decide to try to start a new game to see if this is happening with new games as well and I go to create a household and there is a new custom sim in my bin.... The one I just hosted through a Simport!

Ok, so earlier today I hear a report from a friend that they have a youtube video of them hosting a show and receiving custom content in the form of custom lip gloss and 2 other make up items from third parties passed through on the sim that they had hosted. NOW I find that not only is THAT possible but I have had an entire SIM passed to me and I sat in on a live chat with 3 Simgurus telling us that custom content could NOT be passed through simport.

Are viruses next?

*sigh* so glad I decided NOT to get this game.

Pls don't friend me. I'm out of the S3 comm. Sorry.

Cyron43

maria_loves_alex wrote:I wish that everyone would convert their cc files from sim3packs to package files

On the contrary .package files slow down the game. I removed 61 package files two days ago and now my game runs much faster. No lags anymore!
I suggest we wait for the update and put Simport on hold until then. That's the best we can do.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 03/07/12 11:58 PM

I will accept friend requests only from people who I know from the forum and who I like.
Also: High ratings must be earned so do NOT beg for them!

Forum Index » Showtime
Go to: